dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

Please..... He's all mine.

You're nothing, but somehow I thought lawrocket was something. I would like to hear from him how why he/she thinks the US gets more Olympic Medals per capita than the NL while reality shows us that they get barely half the amount we do.

EDIT: BTW...Thx for the link. Read it for yourself.

I did, and after reading it I concluded it isn't a surprise that you guys made up American Football because you didn't succeed in real sports like Football. Jesus Fucking Christ, Drive-Through funeral homes.......

We're pretty good at dropping thousands of tons of food on an starving country while it's still being occupied by hostile forces. (Brits dropped a few thousand tons, too.):)

If, what they are doing is illegal, why doesn't your govt. do something about it?

Probably because the US uses underhanded methods to keep us in line. After all, you invade countries for no reason at all, so why not bullying small countries into compliance whenever you feel like imposing your incompetence upon others?

Y'all never did anything underhanded either. You sing a different tune when you want something from us, too. I think, you just need to get your stories and facts straight. You're not making sense.

Chuck

I did, and after reading it I concluded it isn't a surprise that you guys made up American Football because you didn't succeed in real sports like Football. Jesus Fucking Christ, Drive-Through funeral homes.......

So! We are inventive and know how to turn a dollar! Problem?
We also have drive through wedding chapels, burger joints, BBQ joints... we're a very mobile society! :D

Chuck

We also have drive through wedding chapels, burger joints, BBQ joints... we're a very mobile society! :D

Chuck

Besides that, what's wrong with drive-thru funeral homes?

That's right!

Chuck

Like I said before. You are not privy to that information.

And quite possibly no one is - because quite possibly, that information does not exist.

This is much easier for you to believe. Have you noticed all those active duty military types saying that there was no harm done?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Have you noticed all those active duty military types saying that there was no harm done?

name some of them. better yet, ask them what harm was done. Have then write it down for you.

Just because GWB, the cabinet, the pentagon, and Colin Powell (who I greatly respect) say that Iraq has WMD's does not make it so. As we know this was a complete fabrication. And we spent 1 trillion dollars, killed tens of thousands of people and destabilized the middle east over it.

We are the people. The Constitution reads "We the People....." we actually are supposed to be the ones who know and I will NOT accept a government that decides that secret courts and secret trials and secret "whatever" are 'best for the people' just because they say it is so.

it is, and always was, unacceptable. I demand a system of checks and balances to keep this power in check.

ANd given that there are NO, NONE, ZERO or any reports whatsoever of harm being done, would lead me to believe that it is all bullshit.

If there was some harm done from hundreds of thousands of cables being leaked, I expect some of them could be put forth without putting the country at risk.

Not all the leaks were about Navy Seals special ops that put peoples lives at risk. some of them were actually just about who ate lunch with who. SO if damage was done from that - you then are suggesting that this should be a 'secret' that only the military knows about? bullshit.

sorry, just the way i feel. Of course you would not be the first person to not understand the danger of secret governments. Stalinists, Nazis, Fascists all agree with you......

name some of them. better yet, ask them what harm was done. Have then write it down for you.

Now we are getting closer. There isn't any that say that no damage was done. I have been in for 15 years so far. It's hard to keep mouths shut. Everyone likes to share a secret. Especially if some of the top brass are saying things that are not true.
Here, Senior leadership is saying that damage was done. But nobody is coming forward and saying that it's all bullshit.

Sometimes its about what you don't hear.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

that's one way of looking at it. But the other way is like I said - if SO MUCH damage was done, then at least some piece of it would have been leaked.

I call Bullshit. sorry, I just do. I trust the military, yes, to protect my country.

I do not trust them with the power of secret rule....nor for that matter any other facet of government.

Depends on why they were here. If they were running an operation to find an international criminal of terrorist, I'd be fine with it as long as no Americans were injured or killed due to their actions. OTOH, if they were here with ill intent such as spying on our military or something similar, I wouldn't be OK with it.

That leaves things open to interpretation and a whole can of "what if" worms.

Me? You don't fuck around on U.S. soil without permission. Period. Saves the guesswork and protects American citizens.

Suppose the target in your "what if" was an American citizen? You would have the Dutch grab him and take him home without us knowing about it?

Ummmmmm...I'd rather not open that slippery slope up to anyone, myself.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I do not trust them with the power of secret rule....nor for that matter any other facet of government

Well, that's a healthy skepticism to have and I agree with you. It can harbor abuse and fraud away from the general public. Which is why there are checks and balances that exist. The number of people in the U.S. with that kind of clearance is actually in the millions, believe it or not. Many military attorneys, panels, government inspectors, civillians, contractors, ect. .

Believe me, there's no "Power" of Secret rule is a bad description. It's better described as "Pain in the ass burden that I have to mind my p's and q's at all times" of Secret rule.

You don't trust the govt or military with secrets. Truth is, I don't trust the civilian population with being able to keep secrets either.

If, what they are doing is illegal, why doesn't your govt. do something about it?

Probably because the US uses underhanded methods to keep us in line. After all, you invade countries for no reason at all, so why not bullying small countries into compliance whenever you feel like imposing your incompetence upon others?

For Truth, Justice and the American Way!
:S

Please..... He's all mine.:(

:D:D:D
He's wadding your shorts and hanging them out to dry and you don't know it.
:D:D:D

You're making an ass out of yourself (Olympic medals? Really?) but it really is good entertainment!

Y'all never did anything underhanded either. You sing a different tune when you want something from us, too. I think, you just need to get your stories and facts straight. You're not making sense.

Geez, Chuck.
He doesn't want other countries sneaking in and doing stupid shit and that somehow ties into "singing a different tune" in other cases? Off the wall, big guy. Off the wall.

Because we help a country out in some way gives us the right to do underhanded stuff in their country? Nope. But, in the big scheme of things....that's exactly what the U.S. does....on a grand scale.

I'm not surprised that he's angered by that. Nope. Not at all.

That's right!

As long as you don't order them well-done.
Well-done voids the taste guarantee.

Geez, Chuck.
He doesn't want other countries sneaking in and doing stupid shit and that somehow ties into "singing a different tune" in other cases? Off the wall, big guy. Off the wall.

Because we help a country out in some way gives us the right to do underhanded stuff in their country? Nope. But, in the big scheme of things....that's exactly what the U.S. does....on a grand scale.

I'm not surprised that he's angered by that. Nope. Not at all.

I just couldn't see where he had any proof that we were pulling sneaky shit in his country. I do see your point. I wasn't trying to make him mad.

Chuck

I have a solution for that - fewer secrets.....

An exercise if you will. . .

Lets say that there's some sort of Armistice where all govts of the world agree not to have any secrets anymore. Everyone tell all. World Peace or some other sort of utopian magic breaks out. All is good till one country decides on it's own to keep secrets, such as it's true capabilities. It now has unlimited power. It knows all about the other countries but none of them have any info on it.

What checks and balances would you put in place to enforce non-secret treaties?

Still waiting.........

You are going to grow old with a lot of dissapointment in your life.

NOTE: To whoever it is that reads Andy's posts to him and types in his replies.
Andy needs to stop using. That stuff retards his already bad judgment, lowers his impaired and damaged ability to comprehend and reason, and is worse for lungs than tobacco.
Even in rural GA. there is help available:
Call The Watershed
Free 24-Hour Helpline:
1-866-603-3780

An exercise if you will. . .

shut down the wars, bring the troops home. 1/2 the 'secrets' we keep will no longer be necessary.

I sure like your idea. The way I see it, as long as there are positions of power in this world, someone somewhere is going to 'push' that power and keep everyone else on the defensive.

Chuck