dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

Say bye bye to tranny spy boy.

Bradley Manning going down hard

Too damned bad for the little traitor! It's the old story... If, you're gonna dance, ya' gotta pay the fiddler!

Chuck

It's the Piper. You have to pay the Piper.

Damn, forgot you were in Texas. It's the Fiddler down there, sorry. B|

That's O.K. Just don't let it happen again! :D:D It ain't a dance if you don't have a fiddler.:D

Chuck

The part I don't understand is:
"theft of public property or records"

Did he not copy records or did he take them and not return them? Is there an empty hard drive somewhere or an empty file cabinet? If it's public anyway, what's the big deal?

(Minor point, I know. I just don't get it.)

Oh, BTW...some of you guys need to learn the difference between "cross-dresser" and "tranny".
Nice of you to bring BS into the issue that has no bearing on it whatsoever. Speaks of your sexual phobia of some sort.
:S

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

That's O.K. Just don't let it happen again! :D:D It ain't a dance if you don't have a fiddler.:D

So...I assume that Bob Wills got paid for the dancin' music?

Well his defense has brought it up as well...so I'd say it does have some bearing on it.
They're trying to blame the Army for NOT discharging him BEFORE he did anything illegal partially due to his sexual confusion.

I could really care less what he likes to do when he's nekkid.
I'll never understand how or why that could be involved in the illegal release of classified / top secret information.

Maybe it's just me.
:|

I'll never understand how or why that could be involved in the illegal release of classified / top secret information.

Maybe it's just me.

Nope. Not just you at all.
I expect his shrink will blame it all on his Momma didn't love him enough.
:S:S:S

Maybe it's just me.

Nope. Not just you at all.
I expect his shrink will blame it all on his Momma didn't love him enough.
:S:S:S

He wasn't 'potty trained' properly. Maybe, he didn't make good poo-poo but he sure stirred-up a lotta shit! :D

Chuck

Well his defense has brought it up as well...so I'd say it does have some bearing on it.
They're trying to blame the Army for NOT discharging him BEFORE he did anything illegal partially due to his sexual confusion.

I could really care less what he likes to do when he's nekkid.

Maybe it's just me.

I, too, am wildly indifferent to what arouses his interests on his own time.

The relationship between unconventional lifestyle and security risk, however, has been a longstanding concern by a variety of organizations. For whatever reason, there has been an unusual correlation between homosexuality and treason in modern times. Of the Cambridge Five, only Kim Philby, a devout Communist, was not homosexual. Similarly the Mitchell and Martin defection was seen as being part and parcel with their perceived homosexuality.

The last I heard, the EPQ, or embarrassing personal question, was part of the polygraph screening for civilian employment at the NSA, to the effect of "have you ever had an adult homosexual experience?" Any hint of an affirmative answer to that question is grounds for instant disqualification.

Since the NSA is Department of Defense, a large part of its staff are active duty military in their respective security organizations. A number of people who were military spooks did not qualify for continued employment on the civilian side after ETS; I have known a few.

One issue has more to do with ostracism than homosexuality per se: as a matter of survival, many gays live a double-life, effectively living a lie. One polygraph operator noted that closeted gays were so adept at falsehood that they could lie through their teeth without a blip (anecdotal, I know, but he seemed convinced).

This does not seem to be the case with people who were never mistreated for being who and what they were. Gays with whom I worked who had never been closeted seemed to have a very different approach to life than those who had been.

In the end I think Bradley Manning's sexual proclivities are immaterial. I do not think he would be any more or less guilty if he had been a faithful, straight husband and father.

Either way, I think they should show him some consideration and let him smoke a cigarette in public.

And give him a blindfold.

BSBD,

Winsor

Remember My Lai? Once in a while the whistleblowers, even when they defy orders, are actually doing the right thing.

Much of the public-opinion case against Manning is about the damage done - I am still waiting to see that damage. Got any? No I did not think so.

Assange? Got any damage there? No I did not think so - yet the accusations proceed.

Manning faces life and soldiers that slaughter civilians get a slap on the wrist. Yep, this is a fair system fer sure.....

Anyway enough of the ranting....still waiting - let me know when that happens.

I'd like to know what business our, The U.S. of A.'s secrets are to you?

None, unless of course said info concerns others. For example, thanks to wikileaks we now know American DEA cowboys seem to think that their jurisdiction extends to the Netherlands. Or in other words, Americans are pissing all over the sovereignty of our country. That's good to know I think, and that's one of the reasons I don't really mind the precious dirty secrets of the US are now all over the interwebz.

I'd like to know what business our, The U.S. of A.'s secrets are to you?

None, unless of course said info concerns others. For example, thanks to wikileaks we now know American DEA cowboys seem to think that their jurisdiction extends to the Netherlands. Or in other words, Americans are pissing all over the sovereignty of our country. That's good to know I think, and that's one of the reasons I don't really mind the precious dirty secrets of the US are now all over the interwebz.

Have you ever stopped to think, the DEA might just be after some big dope dealer who fled to your country and that the DEA may have permission to be there? They could also be helping your law enforcement people with something. You haven't really supplied a whole bunch of information about this.
As for our secrets being all over the interwebz, I don't like it! How would you like knowing your country's secrets were all over the interwebs?

Chuck

Remember My Lai? Once in a while the whistleblowers, even when they defy orders, are actually doing the right thing.

Much of the public-opinion case against Manning is about the damage done - I am still waiting to see that damage. Got any? No I did not think so.

Assange? Got any damage there? No I did not think so - yet the accusations proceed.

Manning faces life and soldiers that slaughter civilians get a slap on the wrist. Yep, this is a fair system fer sure.....

Anyway enough of the ranting....still waiting - let me know when that happens.

Like I said before. You are not privy to that information.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'll look if I can find an English source on the DEA thing. Among other things they did missions on Dutch soil without permission of the government, and used controlled shipments to bust dealers which is illegal IIRIC.

As for our secrets being all over the interwebz, I don't like it! How would you like knowing your country's secrets were all over the interwebs?

Would you like to now it if Dutch police officers were meddling in American law enforcement?

I'll look if I can find an English source on the DEA thing. Among other things they did missions on Dutch soil without permission of the government, and used controlled shipments to bust dealers which is illegal IIRIC.

Would you like to now it if Dutch police officers were meddling in American law enforcement?

Was this information in your newspapers or other media? Was this just hearsay, rumors?

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to learn other law enforcement agencies are here. As secure as our borders are, anyone can just walk-in.

Chuck

Chuck,
I look at it like this:
Mixed feelings here.
On the one hand, it's those "dirty little secrets" that need to be exposed and I'm glad they are. Maybe, just maybe, if we had open access to those "dirty little secrets" they would cease. Marinus's example of U.S. goobermint operating in his country without specific permission is one recent example. U.S. Goobermit's authorization of torture on terrorist suspects is another. Isn't it funny how exposure often times stops the insanity?

OTOH, sometimes there are circumstances that need to be kept under cover. Special military operations are an example.
It would have sucked if the operation had been exposed ahead of time and our guys got ambushed when they went in after Bin-Laden.

Was this information in your newspapers or other media? Was this just hearsay, rumors?

The vid was a news item from Dutch national television I think, but it was even confirmed by the government. So there's no doubt about it that American officials were pissing all over Dutch sovereignty and were breaking Dutch laws on Dutch soil.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to learn other law enforcement agencies are here. As secure as our borders are, anyone can just walk-in.

But would you be fine with it and wouldn't want to know about it?

The vid was a news item from Dutch national television I think, but it was even confirmed by the government. So there's no doubt about it that American officials were pissing all over Dutch sovereignty and were breaking Dutch laws on Dutch soil.

Depends on why they were here. If they were running an operation to find an international criminal of terrorist, I'd be fine with it as long as no Americans were injured or killed due to their actions. OTOH, if they were here with ill intent such as spying on our military or something similar, I wouldn't be OK with it.

Well, Gravitymastr beat me to it but I am thinking along the same lines that he is.

Chuck