dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

revenge of the state...

After seven days of testimony and the submission of more than 300,000 pages of documents, a key question remains unanswered in the case against Army Pfc. Bradley Manning:

How exactly did his leak of hundreds of thousands of secret documents, logs and at least one video — which he passed to WikiLeaks — directly harm U.S. national security?

It's a near-certainty that Manning, whose pretrial Article 32 hearing concluded Thursday, will next face a court-martial, but experts say that it's unclear whether the government will be able to prove its most serious charge against the former Army intelligence analyst — that he aided the enemy. A conviction on that charge could send Manning, 24, to prison for life.

"Whether or not he did (illegally download and distribute classified documents) is a factual thing. Whether he undermined national security is a judgment thing," explained John Hutson, a former military judge advocate.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/12/22-12
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I bet he still gets life, sad but true. Fear is the greatest motivator up and down the line and with the political climate against wikileaks, there is no way they can acquit Manning or see him with a lighter sentence and still make a case against Julian Assange.

I thought we were dealing with massive unemployment, economic disaster, food, jobs, the environment, oil supplies future of education etc...

yet we continue to waste our time and money on crap like this. i wonder what the Bradley Manning case has cost the taxpayer since it was uncovered. Publish THAT figure and see what kind of a response you get from the American people.

This has ZERO to do with provable damage.
H stole, without authorization, classified documents and released them.
He deserves life.
I expect the confused little tranny will die in a cold cell all by his lonesome.

When you raise your right hand and swear into the military, you take an oath with the government and with God (!) that you will protect the country. He failed.

Utter, shattering nonsense.
BM is being tried under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Peruse the UCMJ at your leisure. At least take a familiarization glance at it so you have some idea what you are on about.
BM will be so lucky if he isn't executed by "musketry".

This has ZERO to do with provable damage.
H stole, without authorization, classified documents and released them.
He deserves life.
I expect the confused little tranny will die in a cold cell all by his lonesome.

When you raise your right hand and swear into the military, you take an oath with the government and with God (!) that you will protect the country. He failed.

The fact that he willfully posted government information on the internet shows a total breach of trust on his part. He broke his oath to God and his country. His intent was to get secret information out to the world and possibly undermine his country's security. The SOB needs to be in prison. For anyone to say he is still protecting the Constitution and his country is totally lacking a sense of reality.

Chuck

peruse at your leisure the video of the us military wantonly killing civilians (also known as 'the people')...

Can you link to that video? I can link you to the UCMJ.
It's right here: http://www.ucmj.us/ It's briefly explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Code_of_Military_Justice

While you're at it, instead of acting like it's obvious how he was protecting the constitution and defending the country and anyone who doesn't know that is an idiot, why don't you explain why you think he was doing that?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

peruse at your leisure the video of the us military wantonly killing civilians (also known as 'the people')...

If such a vid exists, then you should forward it to the US government's Federal Bureau of Investigation, or The US military for investigation and further action as provided for in the US Military's UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE..
Would you happen to have any vids of the Taliban or al Qaeda detonating bombs in crowded market places, or summarily executing, by knife or AK, bound and helpless civilian kidnap-ees?
Better, do you have any vids of Al Qaeda in Iraq torturing civilians who are Iraqi government employees? The vids of the victims being tortured with an electric drill bit through the knee caps, shin bones and other random body parts? That's a particularly graphic vid.
Please do respond with other than the generic cut & paste Anarchist, and Communist Party standard gibberish.
But, back to Manning......... ( ?????)

i refer you to the video (among many others) of the helicopter gunship shooting civilians...

Don't refer to me.....
Try the FBI, or the US Dept of State. I hear that Hillary, if she isn't too deep playing Santa with $50 billion US tax payers dollars, will vet the vid her own personal self.

Manning.........? Your original post???

No damage? Ah! Just like all those drunk drivers who get arrested before they actually cause an accident.

Note: when a person joins the military, that person knowingly and affirmatively waives a number of rights under the Constitution. Sounds odd, I know, but it is what it is. That means that when wearing a uniform, free speech is not an expectation. I myself have pushed those limits and been censored by my commander for the content of my speech. (They didn't like my platoon motto of, "We've upped our standards so up yours" as well as the salute my troops gave me of, "Up yours, sir!")

But here's something I cannot figure out about you. You have openly cut and pasted dozens of articles and stated your opinions about governments being able to do what they want to individuals in the best interests of society, be it seize their money, etc. And yet here you are deriding a government for looking out for society and trying an individual who overstepped his bounds.

What gives? Should the government b able to socially engineer to get its way with people, or should a government allow a free for all?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I bet he still gets life, sad but true. Fear is the greatest motivator up and down the line and with the political climate against wikileaks, there is no way they can acquit Manning or see him with a lighter sentence and still make a case against Julian Assange.

I thought we were dealing with massive unemployment, economic disaster, food, jobs, the environment, oil supplies future of education etc...

yet we continue to waste our time and money on crap like this. i wonder what the Bradley Manning case has cost the taxpayer since it was uncovered. Publish THAT figure and see what kind of a response you get from the American people.

I bet it's less than was less than it cost to get a 30 day at home sentence against Barry Bonds for trying to avoid the grand jury with its own history of leaking private testimony. Or what's still being spent in the witchhunt of Lance Armstrong to prove that he somehow harmed the USPS by winning numerous Tours under their name.

Manning did real damage - there's really no doubt about that. The wanton leaking of secret communications cost us diplomatically. Did it meet the standards of aiding the enemy? Probably not, though it's a bit harder to ascertain when the enemy is not a nation. But there are enough counts of leaking secret information that there should be no problem giving him the life sentence he serves.

Daniel Ellsburg has spoken for him, but it's really not the same as the Pentagon Papers. Manning wasn't fixing a wrong, he was just dumping as much secret information as possible. There is nothing patriotic in this. And imo, the attorney made it far worse by blaming it on his homosexuality.

Julian has nothing to do with this. I've yet to hear of any charges against him. I think the kangaroo court around the so call rapes is payback, but there won't be any trials against him as the journalist.

What gives? Should the government b able to socially engineer to get its way with people, or should a government allow a free for all?

Look at his post #18

so you're all for the individual against the power of the state - until you're not. strange contradiction...

- I knew he'd never give you a straight, responsive answer. He's all about pushing people's troll buttons to get them to twitch on command. Not really much more.

Look at his post #18

so you're all for the individual against the power of the state - until you're not. strange contradiction...

- I knew he'd never give you a straight, responsive answer. He's all about pushing people's troll buttons to get them to twitch on command. Not really much more.

it's hard to debate with someone who consistently equates tax with 'theft and seizing money' (because it's the state) yet on the other hand an individual who acts for the greater good (for the protection of the people by the state) is to be thrown to the state wolves. he flips and he flops...

Lawrocket asked you a direct question. Everyone knows you never answer those, so piss off.

and i've asked him many a question he's never answered. i don't make a thing of it. each to our own style of debate. i liked amazon's style for instance...

But here's something I cannot figure out about you. You have openly cut and pasted dozens of articles and stated your opinions about governments being able to do what they want to individuals in the best interests of society, be it seize their money, etc. And yet here you are deriding a government for looking out for society and trying an individual who overstepped his bounds.

This is a silly argument.

Damn near everyone recognises the importance of certain freedoms and damn near everyone recognises the importance of certain laws. You don't get to call him a hypocrite just because he puts the balance point(s) in a different place than you. You can say he's wrong, sure, but arguing that he should think the government should either be able to do everything or nothing is not the way to do it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?