skinnay

Christian Girl Scouts Disband Over Transgender Boy

I disagree with you both.
If they have a penis, off to the Boy Scouts.
If you have a vagina, off to the Girl Scouts.

Wouldn't it be better in the long run for each group to learn that transgenders can fit in with their group and not be ridiculed?
And, quite frankly, if the mom feels that strongly that "her son was born in the wrong body," there's an app for that.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hmmmm
Not a bad idea
Wonder if there'd be any objections to that?
I wouldn't have any objection against my daughter "scouting" with boys

There would be some obvious chaperoning duties as they enter their teens, but hardly a huge concern apart from the fear of teenage sex in general.

My limited experience with the two groups was night and day apart. The Girl Scout camp had cots in fixed tents with foundations. The Boy Scout camp was a wilderness where we had to canoe to the site we selected, had to dig a latrine, etc. Car camping versus serious camping. The girls deserve the same sort of experience and I hope they do have access to it. They also seem to need to spend a lot of time selling cookies to make it work...where is the Boy Scout money coming from? Endowments?

Speaking as a girl who went to one of those camps, I would much rather have had some real camping.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I disagree with you both.
If they have a penis, off to the Boy Scouts.
If you have a vagina, off to the Girl Scouts..

Pretty simple concept.

Hey! If I wear a dress, I could join the YWCA and hang out in the locker room, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hey! If I wear a dress, I could join the YWCA and hang out in the locker room, eh?

You say that like you don't do that *now*, Andy..... :P

Thank you for THAT mental image....

Merry Christmas, guys
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You say that like you don't do that *now*, Andy..... :P

Thank you for THAT mental image....

Merry Christmas, guys

Twin mount Go-Pros... ;)

Merry Christmas!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So if I feel that I am a dog trapped in a humans body can I register with the AKC as a new breed? Join shows and exhibit the many human like talents I posses? Perhaps walk on all fours and bark at people. Then yell how i'm shunned and just being myself, how god made me. I'm betting if I swore up and down that I am a dog trapped in a human body I would likely end up in the care of psychiatric professionals. How about if I swore I was of another color? If I swore I was African american and NOT the white guy I look like. That my white skin and staright hair have nothing to do with it. I am just a black man trapped in a white persons body. Would I then be welcomed into the African American community, or shunned as a wannabe weirdo? Do you think I could get a nice scholarship from the Negro college fund?
You know I am pretty tolerant and for the most part I believe that what you want to do you can go ahead and do as long as you aren't pushing your crap on me and I promise not to do the same to you. There is a whole lot of things in this world that I do not think should be the status quo, but are. And I'm fine with that, I don't feel the need to push my minority beliefs on people. If I find i'm not accepted, wanted, or enjoying myself I'll go someplace I am or can. These people can't honestly think that all those moms and dads out there that have girl scouts are just going to be fine and dandy with some boy claiming he's a girl so he can go on a camping trip with a big group of girls.

What if you really don't feel like a boy, but you have a boy's body? It's not always a boy trying to get into girls' pants (in the story's case, he's what -- 8?).

I have a relative who's struggling with this. Do you know how hard it is to announce this to a group of teenagers knowing you might get the shit kicked out of you? That's what most boy-body/girl-minds risk when they start to go public. It's not like parents move away to give them a fresh start, or like they can quit their jobs (when adult) and start over.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Being white i actually applied for a scholarship through the Negro College fund, and had i had enough $ would have claimed they were being racist, but needless to say i didn't get any money. I also applied to an all black school, and got my only rejection letter....and here i was told getting a 33 on the ACTs would get me into any school i wanted>:(

Being white i actually applied for a scholarship through the Negro College fund, and had i had enough $ would have claimed they were being racist, but needless to say i didn't get any money. I also applied to an all black school, and got my only rejection letter....and here i was told getting a 33 on the ACTs would get me into any school i wanted>:(

And have probably been called a racist. most racist people are the ones calling it.