regulator

3 Years in...where is that 'change' again?

Your opinion vs. statement from the Navy.

Ah yes, since government agencies have an amazing track record with the truth.

You seem to be very selective in when you do and don't believe the government. Guess that happens when opinion is driven by partisanship.

Your opinion vs. statement from the Navy.

Ah yes, since government agencies have an amazing track record with the truth.

You seem to be very selective in when you do and don't believe the government. Guess that happens when opinion is driven by partisanship.

KABOOM
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Guess that happens when opinion is driven by partisanship.

Since the Navy requesting the banner is on record, I can only assume you're referencing kelp's opinion of the event.

Therefore, I agree with your statement - his opinion *is* driven by partisanship.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

An on-record statement isn't an opinion.

What a bunch of bullshit.

By all means, feel free to show where the Navy's statement was bullshit and that the crew didn't order the banner.

Hard evidence, please... op-eds (that's short for *opinion* editorial, btw) need not apply.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

By all means, feel free to show where the Navy's statement was bullshit and that the crew didn't order the banner.

Sure, right after you show all on-record statements by government agencies to be truthful and factual.

So, you've got nothing? We already knew that.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Wow, impossible for you to stay on target is it....

To refresh your apparently somewhat limited memory and inability to use the scroll function of your browser; your claim was that on-record statements were never opinion.

Hence, I am waiting for you to back that up.

Wow, impossible for you to stay on target is it....

To refresh your apparently somewhat limited memory and inability to use the scroll function of your browser; your claim was that on-record statements were never opinion.

Wrong again. To refresh your apparently somewhat limited reading comprehension and inability to distinguish the difference between a statement of record fact and opinion; I claim that the on-record statement from the Navy are a factual record, in contrast to the "It was *really* Bush that told the Navy to do that" dribblings of opinion backed by nothing but hot air from pundit's fourth point of contact.

Hence, I am waiting for you to back that up.

Done and done - back to you for that debunk of the Navy's statement.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sure, right after you show all on-record statements by government agencies to be truthful and factual.

The banner was ordered by the Ships PAO as part of the dog and pony show. The PAO made the statement the same day the POTUS made his trap.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The banner was ordered by the Ships PAO as part of the dog and pony show. The PAO made the statement the same day the POTUS made his trap.

I am not disputing the fact that a statement was made. Above I amde a comment that, in my opinion, clearly outlined that government agencies have been known to make statement which are not correct, or are misleading.

Just cause the statement said that's how it went down, does not make it so.

As a matter of fact, couldn't a superior officer dictate exactly what will be in a statement? A superior officer like for instance the Commander in Chief?

It is not like it hasn't happened before.

I am not disputing the fact that a statement was made. Above I amde a comment that, in my opinion, clearly outlined that government agencies have been known to make statement which are not correct, or are misleading.

As a matter of fact, couldn't a superior officer dictate exactly what will be in a statement? A superior officer like for instance the Commander in Chief?

So it is truth if YOU believe it and, it is a lie if YOU dont

I get it
Abraham Lincoln

I get it

mayb i ned to leve som leters out fore u 2 get it. What i sad was dat i dont beleiv it 2 b tru just cause ther was a statment.

I know I am right about you

You didnt have to tell me

I get it
Abraham Lincoln

The interesting bit here is that rush and mnealx have established that any statements coming from the government are truthful. It cannot be that the Obama White House is ever trying to pull a fast one. Let's see how consistent they are in applying this belief over the next year. You want to bet me a Loonie that they will be?

I get it

mayb i ned to leve som leters out fore u 2 get it. What i sad was dat i dont beleiv it 2 b tru just cause ther was a statment.

Nice PA

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The interesting bit here is that rush and mnealx have established that any statements coming from the government are truthful. It cannot be that the Obama White House is ever trying to pull a fast one. Let's see how consistent they are in applying this belief over the next year. You want to bet me a Loonie that they will be?

No more so than you saying they are not

One can believe what one wants to believe

But the statment is there none the less

With a time stamp

True?

So he is saying that Bush and his admin had that banner put up.

What is that statement based on?

You cant have it both ways
Abraham Lincoln

The interesting bit here is that rush and mnealx have established that any statements coming from the government are truthful.

Nope, sure haven't. It *is* concrete evidence to support my side of the argument.

YOUR evidence is "Bush told the Navy to make the statement arghhhh haliburton nanothermite"

Let's see how consistent they are in applying this belief over the next year. You want to bet me a Loonie that they will be?

I'll bet you that I provide more proof than your nanothermite fantasies about Bush telling the Navy to make the statement if it happens.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

During the same briefing the PAO said the banner was ordered BEFORE they happened to be told the POTUS was to welcome them home, and stressed this was for their tour that started BEFORE the operations in Iraq.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'd also like to point out that a written statement in the military does hold more weight than someo civilian statement to the press....written statements in the military that are false can be punished under the UCMJ, and thus are a legal document. Is he really stating that the PAO of a ship is risking his career by making this statement? Or more or less trying to unfu@k a left wing conspiricy to prove Bush Jr was the root of all evil in the universe and never right about anything? Glad to see the current administrations policy on Iraq is working so well, and the telling the talibs we will be gone by 2014 is sure to make Afghanistan a peaceful country! Funny story, i actually had one of my Terps from Afghanistan send me an e-mail asking me to write the state department and ask to not pull out of Afghanistan because it would all but guarentee his (and his families) death. But what would he know.