dreamdancer

The 1% and their toys...

O.K. So, all this talk of all these manual labor jobs you've done were just a joke!?

Chuck

Does he *sound* like someone who was raised with a work ethic?

been there - done that :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Does he *sound* like someone who was raised with a work ethic?

been there - done that :)

A work ethic is not something that's just "done"once or twice. it's something that you are because it's not a temporary thing or something you just try and finish. it doesn't end.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ooooh - semantics conflicts....

ok - I'll counter by saying that you are confusing a "work ethic" with just "work hard"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ooooh - semantics conflicts....

ok - I'll counter by saying that you are confusing a "work ethic" with just "work hard"

The way I was raised, 'work ethic' was giving the man a day's work for a day's pay. Being on time and sticking with the job till it's done... no matter what it takes. You give it all you got... 110%. We have a saying out here... "You ride for the brand!"

Chuck

What is your definition of retiring?

I doubt I can say that I retired from my hard knuckle summer job at my local Naval Weapon Station where I worked on train, cranes, and automobiles.

Maybe I will get more street cred if I say I am a retired heavy equipment mechanic, instead of admiting that I am a tax accountant. :P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

so no-one ever retires?

I know you're trying to be clever, but your statement carelessly neglects the concept of an ethic being a personality trait, and not just something you dabble in

a person with a work ethic certainly can retire - moot to the discussion

here's an easy example - a waiter with no work ethic works provides very attentive service only when they serve someone known to tip well. a waiter with a good work ethic does that for all his customers as best he can - and when he takes a different job, he'll still attempt his best.