dreamdancer

The 1% and their toys...

now to get the rest of us to pay for new cars to play with...

Speeding was identified as a possible cause of what is believed to be one of the world's most expensive ever road accidents when up to £2.6 million-worth of supercars ended up in a crumpled heap on a motorway in Japan.

Eight Ferraris and a Lamborghini – plus a Toyota Prius – were among the vehicles involved in the crash, which witnesses said happened when a speeding car slid across a wet road surface.

Television footage showed mangled Ferraris – many of them racing red – and debris spread over some 400 metres of the eastbound side of the Chugoku Expressway, the main trunk road in southern Honshu.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8934977/Supercars-in-worlds-most-expensive-crash-were-speeding-police-say.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

If you want to rail on morons who do not possess the appropriate driving skills to be driving high performance automobiles near their limits on the public roads, then I will join in with you. The only place driving a high performance car near it's limits should be tolerated is on the race track. But if this is yet another one of your "I hate the 1%, we must confiscate all their possessions" rants, you bore me to death with your communist vision on the world. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

If you want to rail on morons who do not possess the appropriate driving skills to be driving high performance automobiles near their limits on the public roads, then I will join in with you. The only place driving a high performance car near it's limits should be tolerated is on the race track. But if this is yet another one of your "I hate the 1%, we must confiscate all their possessions" rants, you bore me to death with your communist vision on the world. :P

It may be just the opposite of what he intended. Sounds like many owners of these Supecars actually saved up their money and bought them. Quite different than his constant ranting about how the government should subsidize his lifestyle.

Supercars are not necessarily owned by the super-rich in Japan. Many owners are young people who save up their earnings to satisfy their dream, according to media.

The perks of living at home with mom?
I mean how do you save up well over $250k?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It may be just the opposite of what he intended. Sounds like many owners of these Supecars actually saved up their money and bought them. Quite different than his constant ranting about how the government should subsidize his lifestyle.

LOL @ saved up money. :S
Asian mentality on saving money includes on saving it for a rainy day/kid's education... not saving money for a Ferrari.

LOL @ saved up money. :S
Asian mentality on saving money includes on saving it for a rainy day/kid's education... not saving money for a Ferrari.

Of course, as we all know, all Asians think alike. Just like Blacks and Arabs.

Supercars are not necessarily owned by the super-rich in Japan. Many owners are young people who save up their earnings to satisfy their dream, according to media.

It's called sacrifice and being frugal. Perhaps not hanging out at bars and running around with women. Perhaps making smart investments.

It's called sacrifice and being frugal. Perhaps not hanging out at bars and running around with women. Perhaps making smart investments.

$250k is not chump change, averge person only makes $45k in the us per year. If you don't eat or buy new shoes...a little over 7 years?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

$250k is not chump change, averge person only makes $45k in the us per year. If you don't eat or buy new shoes...a little over 7 years?

I didn't see where they said they paid cash for their cars. Making a budget and sticking to it will do wonders for most people trying to attain a financial goal. It's not easy and it requires disipline but if a person wants something bad enough, they can obtain it. Just depends on how motivated one is and how much they are willing to sacrifice. Not a trait often found in many people today.

How someone spends their money is not your concern. You don't get to comment.

How's about that $4000 rig of yours? That's three and a half months wages for some minimum wage drone... Are you the 1%?

Good thing that there is insurance. Hopefully, the people working at the auto plants will be manufacturing additional vehicles.

for the 1% (who crashed the economy) we were their insurance policy...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding