SpeedRacer

Is it appropriate to have Rush Limbaugh on at work, where customers/coworkers can hear?

I think it's rude to have highly charged political or religious broadcasting on at work where other people have to listen to it. But I have worked at two different places where someone was blasting Limbaugh for everyone's "benefit.":P

It is extremely rude to expose sane people to the rantings of a crazy, drug addled gasbag.

I have gone into retail business establishments, heard Lush Rimjob being "shared" with the staff and customers, and done the following -

I picked up some of the expensive items I likely would have bought if they weren't clueless idiots, taken them to the check out counter, and asked to speak to a manager/owner. When that person showed up, I tell them that, due to the "entertainment" being forced upon thier potential customers, I was NOT going to purchase the items that day.

All three of the businesses in my area that had this issue are now closed. Is there a connection? I sure hope so.

Too bad I don't work for ASCAP and thus would have had the ability to cost them a ton of money for rebroadcasting copyrighted material in public spaces without paying for the privlege.

I think your story is made up, YEP I don't believe YOU, that story is like getting struck by lightening more than four times in a life time. I can't see one person such as yourself impacting a business because he was subjected to over hearing a group of people discussing Rush's program or any other such topics. What's the name of that card game?? "Bull Shit" that sums it up.

That's just my .02 cents. Now off to myself imposed BANNING:ph34r:

Shitty customer service = businesses close.

When potential customers are intentionally exposed to one of the most fucked up personalities ever to have gained a following, that is shitty customer service.

Lush Rimjob has been an extremely toxic contributor to the USA since he has been on the radio. I credit him for establishing the toxic mess we are in now, with regard to civilzed discourse between people who have different views of morality, justice, and politics.

Who can forget his absolute hatred of drug addicts, right up until he got caught. Who can forget his absolute hatred of the ACLU, right up until they defended him (successfully, and CORRECTLY!!) when his personal medical records were in play when his drug addiction and doctor shopping became public knowlege.

The people who can forget are his followers... as truth and honesty have no place in their world. These are the same folks who will vote for Newt Gingrich. They have morals and standards, right up until it actually matters. Then their bullshit goes right out into the trash, as it was never real to begin with.

I think it's rude to have highly charged political or religious broadcasting on at work where other people have to listen to it. But I have worked at two different places where someone was blasting Limbaugh for everyone's "benefit."

It is just as rude to blast liberal programing.

Of course it is; I don't think he was saying otherwise, nor was anyone else in the thread. I'm pretty sure his reference to Limbaugh was meant to be a single representative example of a general idea.

absolutely. I wouldn't think it appropriate to have Olberman or Maddow on either.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

If you own the business, you can play whatever you want, and risk losing customers if any of them are turned off by it.

If you don't have in-store customers, then in this job economy, you're being an asshole if you play it to your employees.

If you don't own the business, then you really ought to play something that's not going to distract the employees -- and propaganda (which is what all of those programs are) is likely to distract employees.

And Channing -- does everyone where you work agree with those viewpoints, or are those who agree basically bullying hte ones who don't into listening because they don't want to get into a long drawn-out discussion?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think that the number of people who listen to those bozos to learn what to think and how to think is astronomical....and a sad commentary on the sheeple of society.

OTOH, is IS good entertainment!
Comedy, drama, insanity....all fun!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If you own the business, you can play whatever you want, and risk losing customers if any of them are turned off by it.

If you don't have in-store customers, then in this job economy, you're being an asshole if you play it to your employees.

If you don't own the business, then you really ought to play something that's not going to distract the employees -- and propaganda (which is what all of those programs are) is likely to distract employees.

And Channing -- does everyone where you work agree with those viewpoints, or are those who agree basically bullying hte ones who don't into listening because they don't want to get into a long drawn-out discussion?

Wendy P.

I'm no longer at NASA, in that environment listening to any radio program without ear phones was not advised because it interfered with work. Were I'm working these days, the company is very conservative for the most part and many of us listen to Talk radio during the day i.e. KTRH 740 or 950 MOJO Radio.

Now to be honest, although this station is tuned in most days, were not standing around listening and discussing it. We are quite busy; I mostly catch up with it during lunch, otherwise its background noise.

Bullying is such a harsh word; we perfer to call it indoctrination:P Seriously I'm working in a world outside of government that this type of issue is typically not a problem. Very few of us carry our sensitivities on our shirt sleeves. We all know how to suck it up and not be so offended because something said or heard comes across our ears that we may disagree with.

In the end we all get along like a family, not always pretty, but in the end we're not out trying to score political points or cause an uncomfortable work environment. If talk radio, becomes a problem for someone, we will switch it over to KSBJ Christian Radio, that makes everybody happy.:)

OK, I'm trying to be somewhat funny here, but after Open Heart Surgery several weeks ago I'm not allowed to laugh, it hurts.

Hope to see you at the DZ soon. Cheers to ya.

after Open Heart Surgery several weeks ago I'm not allowed to laugh, it hurts

Shit, Channing -- take care of yourself! Heal fast.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Very few of us carry our sensitivities on our shirt sleeves. We all know how to suck it up and not be so offended...

Nice!:)
The Great Chann has spoken!

OK, I'm trying to be somewhat funny here, but after Open Heart Surgery several weeks ago I'm not allowed to laugh, it hurts.

Many blessings to you sir, get well...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Regardless of the direction of this thread, one thing is very obvious. You have not listened to Rush much. So you must get this from somewhere else.

If you would listen to him, you would understand how silly your post here really is
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

after Open Heart Surgery several weeks ago I'm not allowed to laugh, it hurts

Shit, Channing -- take care of yourself! Heal fast.

Wendy P.

One of our very own Spaceland jumpers "CODY" was my ICU nurse at Herman Memorial Medical Center. That dude was great, not to mention he just got his A lic.

Had the Mitro Valve repaired, with no regurgetation as before surgery, it was at about 55% I believe. I also have a awesome video of my heart when they restarted it before closing me up.

So now on that legal road to have may medical reinstated with the FAA. Have a great firm representing me and with the repair I can submit the paper work 3 month after Post Op. instead of the 6 month period had it been something like bypass or valve replacement.

So I see ya in Feburary, DJ is getting me recurrent.