sacex250

Just to clarify, the TSA is nuts

..and it will continue until sane people stand up to their bozo goobermint and make them change.

Scared shitless bozos thinking this kind of crap makes them "safer".
:D:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I watched them protect an entire planeload of passengers by disarming a kids 9" GI Joe.

Apparently a 2" plastic M-60 still qualifies as a replica.

I stand corrected! :$

I underestimated the unsung, heroic work that these diligent and thorough minions do for the good of the citizens of this country to keep the world a safe place for all mankind!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

As a military EOD tech trained in the finding, identification, and render safe of hazardous devices and lots of hands on experience over seas, I applied for a job with the TSA.

I was immediatly screened out and told I would not be considered further for any jobs.

Do you think it's because I'm white?:D

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

As a military EOD tech trained in the finding, identification, and render safe of hazardous devices and lots of hands on experience over seas, I applied for a job with the TSA.

I was immediatly screened out and told I would not be considered further for any jobs.

Do you think it's because I'm white?:D

Let me guess, you failed the "Finding the Replica Gun Disguised as a Leather Purse Test"?

Thats a two-way street though. Regardless of how ridiculous this whole situation was there is still a rule in place, and if that girl was too stupid to follow a simple rule she deserved to go through the pain of being delayed.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thats a two-way street though. Regardless of how ridiculous this whole situation was there is still a rule in place, and if that girl was too stupid to follow a simple rule she deserved to go through the pain of being delayed.

Well, the pregnant 17 year-old from Florida may well be too stupid to follow the rules (or even know there are rules), but thinking that a ornament on a bag is not actually a 'replica' any more than a picture of a gun on a t-shirt is would not necessarily be evidence of stupidity.

Well, the pregnant 17 year-old from Florida may well be too stupid to follow the rules (or even know there are rules), but thinking that a ornament on a bag is not actually a 'replica' any more than a picture of a gun on a t-shirt is would not necessarily be evidence of stupidity.

That's already happened too... (Tshirt)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7431640.stm

Fully expect it to happen here in the USA

Ignorance is not excuse though. "Stupid" may have been the wrong choice of words, but it doesn't change the fact that she did something that she should not have.

It seems simple to most people, but I saw a picture of that replica on her purse, and it pretty closely resembles one half of a small revolver. Take another purse on that plane with a matching side and who is to say it couldn't be used to trick people into thinking it was real. Or what about bringing a weapon onto a plane in pieces and assembling it. The rules are in place for a reason, even though some of them are getting a bit ridiculous(referencing the story about the kid's GI Joe toy).

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

That's already happened too... (Tshirt)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7431640.stm

Fully expect it to happen here in the USA

A BAA spokesman said there was no record of the incident and no "formal complaint" had been made.

Attention seeker.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ignorance is not excuse though.

I have to question this...fervently.

I don't know that there is anyone out there who knows all the rules of TSA....nor any other entity that has "rules".

Do YOU know all of TSA's "rules"?
Are you sure of your knowledge of how TSA elects to interpret those "rules" at any given time?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Again, I am brought back to the comparison of Israeli tactics and America's tactics when establishing airport and airline security.

The Israelis look for terrorists. The TSA looks for things.

Effective profiling is the best deterrent.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Some people think they can just make stuff up as they please. This sort of thing is what me might be seeing here.

When my boys were in jr high they told them they could not wear a “trench coat”. When it rained I sent Don to school with my old US Army All Weather Coat. I showed him the label that said such. I told him if challenged show them the label and tell them it was an all-weather coat. And if they still had an issue with it to tell them to call me.

Then they told the kids they could not carry a backpack, but the girls could carry a purse, including a shoulder bag. We sent him to school with a shoulder bag and told him if a girl can have one, so can he. I am not the type to try a law suit, but I get so tired of such crap. My kids are well out of school but in the same school now, they are telling the kids they can’t wear certain things that are black. I think the kids that want to dress up all black look stupid. But you can’t just make rule up because you don’t like something and you think you have “the power”.

stepping off the soapbox now :)
Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

another bit of evidence that "Flying the Friendly Skies" is not quite like it used to be.

Give someone a position of 'authority' and once in a while these sort of things will happen.
However, simple common sense on the part of all passengers is helpful too...:S
Regardless of the Girls' sense of Fashion... that design was BOUND to draw someone's interest.. and TSA folks...tend to be "by the Book"..
not happy about it???? take the train.....:o
i do not condone what the TSA person did..and DO see it as an example that "Idiocy Abounds"...[:/] but that seems to be where we are going... the last decade or so...:(>:(

best part of that link??
something Else on that page , about the worlds Largest insect!! ;) check it out.
hahaha

I watched them protect an entire planeload of passengers by disarming a kids 9" GI Joe.

Apparently a 2" plastic M-60 still qualifies as a replica.

I saw the same behavior, at Charleston, SC, over a key chain that had a two inch, bright orange and yellow Buck Rodgers space pistol on it as a fob. Perhaps pre employment interviews at TSA should be ramped up a notch or so... to include a common sense category.:S

Again, I am brought back to the comparison of Israeli tactics and America's tactics when establishing airport and airline security.

The Israelis look for terrorists. The TSA looks for things.

Effective profiling is the best deterrent.

I'm not entirely sure that is 100% correct .... the TSA (and out British equivalent[:/]) make a SHOW of looking for things. It's mostly theater, I reckon.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Has it ever occured to you that sometimes it's the rule that's stupid?

Even the Brady camp doesn't have any plans to require a waiting period and background check to purchase an image of a gun.