firemedic

Is it pride or is it bigotry?

Yeah, and a Swastika is just an Asian good luck charm.

Well, it's a bit more then a good luck symbol, it has been a sacred symbol in large parts of Asia for millennia, and that short episode in European history hasn't changed that a bit. Do you really expect hundreds of millions of people to simply adopt another symbol because someone on another continent waged a world war and committed genocide under that symbol?

If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country.

Chuck

And, if you look at a satellite image, you can sort of see it in the Denver International Airport's runway layout... which I'm sure was totally unintended. ;)

Are you stretching your imagination... again? :D

Chuck

Not really, it doesnt really resemble the swastika anyhow. There was talk about it after the airport was built and the airport does have runways that run in all four directions with the terminal in the middle...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Off topic a bit but interesting info I hope:

"If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Actually the arms on the symbol are backwards on the Native American symbol and it is called the "Rolling Waters". The town I grew up in had several buildings with that symbol in the top masonry. Caused quite a stir during WW II but after the people were educated the symbols were left alone and are still there today.

Sorry but Dixie is not PC anymore.:P

damn straight - we need to "occupy" the paper company and make them change their name and logo

we should pretty much just tomahawk chop their bigoted cups and plates

for the children

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, it's a bit more then a good luck symbol, it has been a sacred symbol in large parts of Asia for millennia, and that short episode in European history hasn't changed that a bit. Do you really expect hundreds of millions of people to simply adopt another symbol because someone on another continent waged a world war and committed genocide under that symbol?

and if I may add, the swastika was used by the US Army's 45th INF DIV until the late 1930's

If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country.

Chuck

Chuck

And, if you look at a satellite image, you can sort of see it in the Denver International Airport's runway layout... which I'm sure was totally unintended. ;)

Are you stretching your imagination... again? :D

Chuck

Not really, it doesnt really resemble the swastika anyhow. There was talk about it after the airport was built and the airport does have runways that run in all four directions with the terminal in the middle...

O.K.... I see what you're saying. I'll have to get on Google Earth and check it out!

Chuck

Off topic a bit but interesting info I hope:

"If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Actually the arms on the symbol are backwards on the Native American symbol and it is called the "Rolling Waters". The town I grew up in had several buildings with that symbol in the top masonry. Caused quite a stir during WW II but after the people were educated the symbols were left alone and are still there today.

Yessir! Good to know that folks 'learned'!

Chuck

It's a sign of pride, heritage, history. It's used by douche bags who do not know the real meaning, which ends up giving the ones who display it for it's intended purpose a bad name.

The fact is the meaning and impact of the Stars and Bars has been forever hijacked by the White Power/Neo Confederate/Klan movements, and no amount of revisionism will change this fact.

Adopt a new symbol, Dixie.

Sorry but Dixie is not PC anymore.:P

Wait a minute! What about 'Dixie'... the song? I wish I were in 'the Southern United States of America' just doesn't work! It has a nice rig to it as a 'statement' but not in the lyrics!
Sorry man but PC don't cut it anyhow!

Chuck

Here's another take on the symbol.

Meh, the South lost and will not be rising again, Unless it's to go to a NAPCAR race.

Neo-Confederates need to get over the fact that their beloved South LOST THE FUCKING WAR.

Obviously, you don't get it. It is not about winning or losing. It is about the spirit of freedom and the spirit of the warrior.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Meh, the South lost and will not be rising again, Unless it's to go to a NAPCAR race.

Neo-Confederates need to get over the fact that their beloved South LOST THE FUCKING WAR.

Obviously, you don't get it. It is not about winning or losing. It is about the spirit of freedom and the spirit of the warrior.

Tell me about the spirit of the Imperial Japanese Navy... They lost too...

(I purposely did not mention the Wehrmacht [also a proper analogy] to avoid the usual douchey attempts to invoke Godwin's Law.)

You've got my curiosity now. Exactly why did they origianlly name it The Confederate Air Force?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorative_Air_Force

Name

The original name, Confederate Air Force, started as a simple tongue in cheek type of joke, poking fun at their ragtag beginnings. As the collection of warbirds at Central Valley Airport in Mercedes, Texas started to grow, someone painted the name on the side of the original P-51 Mustang "Red Nose". The name stuck, and it grew to the point where the airport was renamed Rebel Field, all members were called "Colonels" (a tradition which still remains), and it led to the creation of a fictitious leader named Colonel Jethro E. Culpepper. There was even a humorous CAF twist put to the old AVG Flying Tigers WWII "blood chit" that read, “This foreign person has come to China to help in the war effort. Soldiers and civilians, one and all, should rescue, protect, and provide him medical care.” The CAF version seen on the backs of flight suits and flight jackets stated, "This is a CAF aviator. If found lost or unconscious, please hide him from Yankees, revive with mint julep and assist him in returning to friendly territory. CONFEDERATE AIR FORCE".

In 2002 it changed its name to Commemorative Air Force after a vote of the membership. Many felt the name Confederate Air Force was confusing, did not accurately reflect the purpose of the organization, and was detrimental to fundraising efforts.[5] This name change was deemed by some fans to be a move of political correctness. The reason for the name change as stated by the organization was "Because the word "Confederate" is offensive to some."

Tell me about the spirit of the Imperial Japanese Navy... They lost too...

(I purposely did not mention the Wehrmacht [also a proper analogy] to avoid the usual douchey attempts to invoke Godwin's Law.)

(yawn)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Said with all the charm of a rapist who explains to his victim that the relationship has been consummated and that she should simply get over it.

We freely joined the Union, and thereafter freely left. Fort Sumter was an eviction, not a military action. No goddamnyankees were killed in the attack and the only property damaged was Confederate. The goddamnyankees were told to pack up their possessions - to include arms - and go back to their own country.

Our biggest mistake was failing to free the slaves at the outset. The institution of slavery would not, and could not, have lasted into the 20th Century, and removing the issue of slavery from the table at the outset would have negated its utility in Lincoln's gamesmanship.

Lincoln, like most liberals, may have railed against the oppression of displaced Africans - but would have sooner died (he did, actually...) before having one live next door. He stated publicly, in no uncertain terms, that the coexistence of Africans and Europeans was not possible.

Hearing a Yankee version of the conflict is about as distasteful as is the Afghan treatment of rape victims. Lashing the victim, calling her a whore and saying "look what you made me do!" is not a particularly endearing approach.

BSBD,

Winsor

Yeah. So in other words, you just can't get over the fact that the South lost the fucking war.

Any more than an Afghanistani woman should "get over" being forced to marry her rapist, no.

Acquiescence achieved by a knife at the throat is not to be confused with True Love.

Are you stretching your imagination... again?

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-the-denver-international-airport/

If there is a gateway to hell, it's Denver airport. :o

Un-believable!!! I saw a story about this on The History Channel! Incredible.

Chuck

I knew the bottom line would be Aliens.

Is there a law (similar to Godwin's law for Nazi's and Hitler) about how long it takes for any discussion to include, or make reference, to aliens?

Do we have a favorite alien conspiracist (?) on the site that would be willing to lend their name to such a law?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley