firemedic

Is it pride or is it bigotry?

We have a very similar problem in the U.K ... the fucked up racist BMP has seemingly hi-jacked the Union Flag - which then tends to imply that any True Brit who flies the flag is a racist - It makes my blood boil>:(>:(>:(>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>It's a sign of pride, heritage, history. It's used by douche bags who do not know the
>real meaning . . .

Agreed. Problem is you never know whether the person flying it is a douche bag or not.

First, that flag is the battle flag not the flag of the C.S.A.

Second, it is only a symbol of our recent unpleasantness.

Third, freedom of speech.

Fourth, keep the flag flying, set up Christmas tress and nativity scenes, get tattoos, etc.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

First, that flag is the battle flag not the flag of the C.S.A.

This point is lost on the bulk of those who put forth an opinion on the subject. The battle flag is the ensign raised when defending home territory against foreign invaders.

It is brilliantly ironic that Georgia, when removing the battle flag theme from the state flag because of its perceived offense to negroes et al., created a new state flag that is but a slightly modified version of the CSA National Flag. This met with approval from the NAACP and similar racist organizations, who apparently had no idea what it was.

I reiterate that stupidity is our primary inexhaustible resource.

BSBD,

Winsor

This met with approval from the NAACP and similar racist organizations, who apparently had no idea what it was

Or maybe they did, but since it had no history of being used by people use wanted to show that they are good ol' boys who know their (and others') places in the pecking order, they were OK with it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>It's a sign of pride, heritage, history. It's used by douche bags who do not know the
>real meaning . . .

Agreed. Problem is you never know whether the person flying it is a douche bag or not.

The white hood and robe weren't a dead give-away?:D

The 'Confederate Air Force' had to change their name to 'Commemerative Air Force' because too many 'un-knowledgeable' people thought the original name was 'racist'. We all know, that group of pilots only strive to keep the 'war birds' alive and flying. To me, those folks wanting the group to change their name, is a case of ignorance and bigotry! I've had the opportunity to get to know members of the (now) 'Commerative Air Force' and not one of them came across as racists and bigots. All they want to do is preserve a piece of history.

Chuck

It's a sign of pride, heritage, history. It's used by douche bags who do not know the real meaning, which ends up giving the ones who display it for it's intended purpose a bad name.

Yeah, and a Swastika is just an Asian good luck charm.

The fact is the meaning and impact of the Stars and Bars has been forever hijacked by the White Power/Neo Confederate/Klan movements, and no amount of revisionism will change this fact.

Adopt a new symbol, Dixie.

You've got my curiosity now. Exactly why did they origianlly name it The Confederate Air Force?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

The fact is the meaning and impact of the Stars and Bars has been forever hijacked by the White Power/Neo Confederate/Klan movements, and no amount of revisionism will change this fact.

Ever see The Onion article describing Georgia's decision to go the other direction - by adding the swatika and middle finger to their state flag?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You've got my curiosity now. Exactly why did they origianlly name it The Confederate Air Force?

The organization was formed in the 'South" and since there was already a U.S. Air Force, someone suggested 'The Confederate Air Force'... tongue in cheek. It caught on and the group grew as interested pilots, most of whom flew in WWII and Korea joined to preserve the aging air craft. That name stuck for years, until some 'sensitive' group gained enough support to get them to change their name. Not wanting to offend anyone, they changed it. Funny thing about it... there have been and are Black members. Also, the group rarely ever, displayed the Flag of the Confederacy. It's always been the U.S. Flag.

Chuck

The organization was formed in the 'South" and since there was already a U.S. Air Force, someone suggested 'The Confederate Air Force'... tongue in cheek. It caught on and the group grew as interested pilots, most of whom flew in WWII and Korea joined to preserve the aging air craft. That name stuck for years, until some 'sensitive' group gained enough support to get them to change their name. Not wanting to offend anyone, they changed it. Funny thing about it... there have been and are Black members. Also, the group rarely ever, displayed the Flag of the Confederacy. It's always been the U.S. Flag.

Chuck

They also have planes based in "the north" - there is a CAF C-47 at my home base in IL.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chuck

They also have planes based in "the north" - there is a CAF C-47 at my home base in IL.

You bet! It's really a great group of men and women. Women who served our country in the armed forces have done and do a great job keeping the organization alive and running. Really, a wonderful group of people with a common interest.

Chuck

I think, we've lost our sense of humor. Too many people are too sensitive, too up-tight and too self-centered.

that's not funny - it's hurtful, and I resent being called up tight. Why won't you think of ME for once?

:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think, we've lost our sense of humor. Too many people are too sensitive, too up-tight and too self-centered.

that's not funny - it's hurtful, and I resent being called up tight. Why won't you think of ME for once?

:P

Damn you! Just when I take a sip of coffee... you gotta' post that! Yeah, I'm thinkin' of ya' all-right! >:(

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!

Chuck

Well, it's a bit more then a good luck symbol, it has been a sacred symbol in large parts of Asia for millennia, and that short episode in European history hasn't changed that a bit. Do you really expect hundreds of millions of people to simply adopt another symbol because someone on another continent waged a world war and committed genocide under that symbol?

Well, it's a bit more then a good luck symbol, it has been a sacred symbol in large parts of Asia for millennia, and that short episode in European history hasn't changed that a bit. Do you really expect hundreds of millions of people to simply adopt another symbol because someone on another continent waged a world war and committed genocide under that symbol?

If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country.

Chuck

If, I may add... the swastika can be found in some Native People's art work and drawings in this country.

Chuck

And, if you look at a satellite image, you can sort of see it in the Denver International Airport's runway layout... which I'm sure was totally unintended. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Chuck

And, if you look at a satellite image, you can sort of see it in the Denver International Airport's runway layout... which I'm sure was totally unintended. ;)

Are you stretching your imagination... again? :D

Chuck

It's a sign of pride, heritage, history. It's used by douche bags who do not know the real meaning, which ends up giving the ones who display it for it's intended purpose a bad name.

Sorry but Dixie is not PC anymore.:P