rushmc

Obama Approval 8 Pts Lower Than Carter

One thousand forty-one days into his presidency, Barack Obama’s approval rating is lower than any other U.S. president in modern history at this point into a first White House term.

At 43 percent, according to Gallup’s daily presidential approval rating tracking poll, Obama’s approval has sunk even below Jimmy Carter’s approval at this point in his presidency. Carter had a 51 percent approval rating during this period.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/30/on-day-1041-obama-approval-rating-hits-record-low/

And Newt 45% to Obama 43%
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

Seems Elmer is not needed anymore

Lots of time yet ( I know)

and with the Billion dollar campain stratigy to run against a do nothing congress instead of of on is own record (which he can not do) it is going to be one ugly season

BTW
Anyone got any idea when new hit pieces will come out on Newt? Does not look as though the Fannie bs is sticking
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Last week, Gingrich trailed the president by six. Two weeks ago, he was down by twelve. Earlier in the year, both Rick Perry and Herman Cain followed a similar path to take a slight lead over the president. However, in both cases, their time as frontrunners quickly came to an end. Neither man led the president more than a single time in a Rasmussen Reports poll. It remains to be seen whether Gingrich follows that path or is able to retain his status as the leading alternative to former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.
-----

As Jon Stewart said last night, Cain supporters who are upset at the news of his 13 year long (alleged) affair are flocking to a guy with TWO CONFIRMED affairs.

But given it's now approaching December, the GOP race might actually crystalize into a two man field, so soon we'll get much more reliable polling without all the what ifs still in the equation. Bachmann and Parry have a couple weeks to become relevant again. Cain needs a smoking gun to save his ass. Seems unlikely to occur.

So now we'll see how dirty Romney's campaign wants to play - does it want to reintroduce America to all of Newt's moral failings? Will the Christian Right prefer a slimeball to a Mormon infidel?

Last week, Gingrich trailed the president by six. Two weeks ago, he was down by twelve. Earlier in the year, both Rick Perry and Herman Cain followed a similar path to take a slight lead over the president. However, in both cases, their time as frontrunners quickly came to an end. Neither man led the president more than a single time in a Rasmussen Reports poll. It remains to be seen whether Gingrich follows that path or is able to retain his status as the leading alternative to former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.
-----

As Jon Stewart said last night, Cain supporters who are upset at the news of his 13 year long (alleged) affair are flocking to a guy with TWO CONFIRMED affairs.

But given it's now approaching December, the GOP race might actually crystalize into a two man field, so soon we'll get much more reliable polling without all the what ifs still in the equation. Bachmann and Parry have a couple weeks to become relevant again. Cain needs a smoking gun to save his ass. Seems unlikely to occur.

So now we'll see how dirty Romney's campaign wants to play - does it want to reintroduce America to all of Newt's moral failings? Will the Christian Right prefer a slimeball to a Mormon infidel?

It is going to be interesting

If Cain was a Democrate these afairs would mean very little

This type of thing did not hurt Clinton
Abraham Lincoln

-----

*COUGH*
If anything, these scandals affect Democrats A LOT more.

John Edwards hello?
... A N T H O N Y - W E I N E R??
An actual active and competent representative gets sacked because of this kindergarden issue.

It is quite shameful to see Newt Gingrich have any chance at becoming President... :S

-----

*COUGH*

John Edwards hello?
... A N T H O N Y W E I N E R??
An actual active and competent representative gets sacked because of this kindergarden issue.

Well you know how the moral majority is about these things.

Good job on the spelling by the way:)

*COUGH*

John Edwards hello?

Edwards had already lost in 2008 long before the news came out.

As for Weiner - it's hard to survive something so stupidly lurid, esp when you have that name.

It's pretty much down to Romney and Gingrich at this point, neither of whom scare me much. Gingrich doesn't scare me because he's too slimy to beat Obama. Romney doesn't scare me because, well, I'd actually consider voting for him.

Blues.
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Ron Paul

...would also get my consideration if he won the nomination? In the last election, my primary season donations were split pretty equally between the Obama and Paul campaigns. Then Palin entered the fray and my subsequent donations voted against her.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

It's pretty much down to Romney and Gingrich at this point, neither of whom scare me much. Gingrich doesn't scare me because he's too slimy to beat Obama. Romney doesn't scare me because, well, I'd actually consider voting for him.

Blues.
Dave

Latest polls show Newt beating Obama

In any event
I have book marked this post
Abraham Lincoln

Even if this guy deliberately bankrupted our country.. even if he were to give all our military secrets to the Chi-coms and the Russians, folks would still vote for this guy in the white house. :(

Yeah I know, Bush's fault. ( which, as I understand it, expires in 2179 A.D. )

>It's pretty much down to Romney and Gingrich at this point

I think there will be one more not-Mitt. Freddie Mac's support of Newt is likely to sink him, or at least make him unpalatable compared to Romney.

not enough time left for someone new to come, so if there is a third, it's Cain or Paul.

Ron Paul probably does benefit from this zoo - he's look like a genius next to most of these guys and with all the fuckups, more time for him to deliver his sermons.

Latest polls show Newt beating Obama

In any event
I have book marked this post

As I said, I would consider voting for Romney, I would not consider voting for Gingrich. I suspect there are a lot more people like me than the converse (who would consider Gingrich but not Romney). If you can win without the middle, grats to you. However I'm curious how all those Clinton haters will vote.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

>not enough time left for someone new to come, so if there is a third, it's Cain or Paul.

You don't think Huntsman will make a run? (Although then it would be sort of Mitt vs Mitt.)

I am sure the left would love Huntsman
He is another McCain
Abraham Lincoln

>not enough time left for someone new to come, so if there is a third, it's Cain or Paul.

You don't think Huntsman will make a run? (Although then it would be sort of Mitt vs Mitt.)

I am sure the left would love Huntsman
He is another McCain

The tea party hates Huntsman.
But yes, he is pretty much like McCain (minus the military) before he went wacko with Palin,

*COUGH*

John Edwards hello?

Edwards had already lost in 2008 long before the news came out.

As for Weiner - it's hard to survive something so stupidly lurid, esp when you have that name.

Of course the Edwards news came long after the 2008 election. I was replying to:
''If Cain was a Democrate these afairs would mean very little''
If he was a democrat, he would have long ago been massacred and stepped out of the race by now. Eliot Spitzer is another name...

If he was a democrat, he would have long ago been massacred and stepped out of the race by now. Eliot Spitzer is another name...

Spitzer spent his life going after whales and prosecuting them. It's no surprise that he got taken down hard when caught acting outside the lines. It had nothing to do with him being a Democrat.

Gary Hart is an obvious counterexample. Even after Donna Rice was found, he continued to run. Damaging, no doubt, but it didn't cripple the campaign.