Kennedy

So Tell Me Again About "Peaceful" Protests

I don't think that you have to be an expert in anything (or to consult wikipedia for that matter) to know it's possible to carry someone off in a non violent way.

That is perfectly correct IF the person you're trying to carry away isn't resisting being carried away.
--
Rob

I don't think that you have to be an expert in anything (or to consult wikipedia for that matter) to know it's possible to carry someone off in a non violent way.

Unproven.

Do you agree that there have been any number of instances where police have removed people, linked arms or no, without having to resort to spraying?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

That is perfectly correct IF the person you're trying to carry away isn't resisting being carried away.

Agreed, as far as I am concerned anyway. And IF they are resisting in some significant way, then that is a different situation that may indeed call for a different response, yes.

Why do I feel the need to repeat that after it has been said oh, so many times already?
Oh! Because some would still deny the possibility of moving someone without spraying.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Unproven.

Do you agree that there have been any number of instances where police have removed people, linked arms or no, without having to resort to spraying?

Certainly. Do you agree that there have been any number of instances where police have not been able to remove people, linked arms or no?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And when the protesters don't let go (like at UC Davis), then what?

If your cops aren't able to drag of a couple of kids that link arms, they really should hit the gym.

So they should be like the Polizei, and use joint/nerve blocks that can cause permanent damage instead of that *sob* horribly brutal pepper spray?

Where the Polizei used pepper spray on the protesters, you mean?

Link - pic 19.

I'll quote the description of that pic:

A police officer uses pepper spray during clashes with demonstrators near railway tracks used by a train transporting nuclear waste in Pommoissel, Germany, on November 26, 2011. (AP Photo/Axel Heimken)

I won't waste time to point out the very obvious differences between the situation depicted on pic 19 and the UC Davis situation. I refuse to believe you're too dense to see the difference yourself.

I refuse to believe you're too dense to see the similarity yourself...but I could be wrong.

:o

I find it very hard to believe that's the only internet access you have. But it shows protesters being carried of in a non-violent fashion.'It doesn't show the unlinking of arms.

He's in a controlled country supporting your freedom, with limited access to a lot more than just streaming media

:)

YOU WILL COMPLY

YOU WILL COMPLY

TALK DIRTY to me! ;)

What about... "You will be assimilated."...?

Has anyone in this thread actually had any first person experience with a real protest? The ones that I'm familiar with, the standard the cops used was "keep moving". Of the four "actions" I was associated with no one went looking for a confrontation with the cops. There were zero arrests. The cops simply did not care what the protest was about as long as the publics' right to access was uninterrupted. It would appear that the UC protestors wanted a publicity laden confrontation. The UC cops did their job. Perhaps there are alternatives to the cops action, but so far, no one posting here was there and can say for sure. The police must have contingency plans for these type of events.
Cops carry guns for their own protection, not to shoot down crooks. All the cops I know want nothing more than a quiet day. Having stated that, I also admit that every now and again some career hooligan gets a dose of flashlight therapy to correct his thought process. But that's for another thread..........B|

YOU WILL COMPLY

YOU WILL COMPLY

TALK DIRTY to me! ;)

Has anyone in this thread actually had any first person experience with a real protest? The ones that I'm familiar with, the standard the cops used was "keep moving". Of the four "actions" I was associated with no one went looking for a confrontation with the cops. There were zero arrests. The cops simply did not care what the protest was about as long as the publics' right to access was uninterrupted. It would appear that the UC protestors wanted a publicity laden confrontation. The UC cops did their job. Perhaps there are alternatives to the cops action, but so far, no one posting here was there and can say for sure. The police must have contingency plans for these type of events.
Cops carry guns for their own protection, not to shoot down crooks. All the cops I know want nothing more than a quiet day. Having stated that, I also admit that every now and again some career hooligan gets a dose of flashlight therapy to correct his thought process. But that's for another thread..........B|

Are you ok with the escalating tendency for that to spill over to those who are not "career hooligans"?

Is a little collateral damage ok in your book when there is bad intel from a CI "career hooligan" that gets innocent people killed?

Having stated that, I also admit that every now and again some career hooligan gets a dose of flashlight therapy to correct his thought process. But that's for another thread..........

Issue is that it is more than just now and again, and not only career criminals.

YOU WILL COMPLY

YOU WILL COMPLY

TALK DIRTY to me! ;)

Are you ok with the escalating tendency for that to spill over to those who are not "career hooligans"?

Is a little collateral damage ok in your book when there is bad intel from a CI "career hooligan" that gets innocent people killed?

Please reread my post....... I didn't say I was OK with anything. I simply recognize that it duz happen. I am unaware of the escalating tendency you cite. Do you have a reference? Use of force by Law Enforcement is an unending agenda matter for Courts nationally, and has been for a great many decades. Nuttin' new there. Please don't ask for citations.
I am not the fuzz. I have no source for criminal intell. Innocent people do die every day the world over, and I not OK with that either. I must admit that your point eludes me.:| Please respond.

Having stated that, I also admit that every now and again some career hooligan gets a dose of flashlight therapy to correct his thought process. But that's for another thread..........

Issue is that it is more than just now and again, and not only career criminals.

OK...... Lets hear your story. I am not a cop, BTW.

YOU WILL COMPLY

YOU WILL COMPLY

TALK DIRTY to me! ;)

Please reread my post....... I didn't say I was OK with anything. I simply recognize that it duz happen. I am unaware of the escalating tendency you cite. Do you have a reference? Use of force by Law Enforcement is an unending agenda matter for Courts nationally, and has been for a great many decades. Nuttin' new there. Please don't ask for citations.
I am not the fuzz. I have no source for criminal intell. Innocent people do die every day the world over, and I not OK with that either. I must admit that your point eludes me.:| Please respond.

How many of these do we as a nation need??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tucson-swat-team-defends-shooting-iraq-marine-veteran/story?id=13640112

OOOPs just collateral damage in the war on drugs.... is not a good excuse.

Then again there are things like this.[:/]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/17/aiyana-jones-7-year-old-s_n_578246.html

Let's abandon the idea of having a Police Department! Woohoo!

Let's replace all police with Social Workers, who can ask Murders and Street Thugs about how they feel about their Mommies! (Because I'd wager most don't know who their daddies are)

What sort of pussified police department do you want, Amazon? "STOP! or... I'll... Say 'Stop!' Again!" That'll work great in the 'Hood.

Let's abandon the idea of having a Police Department! Woohoo!

Let's replace all police with Social Workers, who can ask Murders and Street Thugs about how they feel about their Mommies! (Because I'd wager most don't know who their daddies are)

What sort of pussified police department do you want, Amazon? "STOP! or... I'll... Say 'Stop!' Again!" That'll work great in the 'Hood.

Sorry I am not a feast or famine kind of citizen. I would prefer professional peace officers who are willing to do an honest if difficult job. The good officers know who the bad ones are. If they are not willing to remove the bad actors who make people think all of them are like that, then who is to blame??? I guess that 7 year old girl in Detroit is just collateral damage to you.

Hey it worked for them in Iraq and Afghanistan...whats a little collateral damage over there... when it comes home to our country right?

YOU WILL COMPLY

YOU WILL COMPLY

TALK DIRTY to me! ;)

How many of these do we as a nation need??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tucson-swat-team-defends-shooting-iraq-marine-veteran/story?id=13640112

OOOPs just collateral damage in the war on drugs.... is not a good excuse.

Then again there are things like this.[:/]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/17/aiyana-jones-7-year-old-s_n_578246.html

Agreed... Tragedies, indeed.
However, I don't make the nexus between an organized group blocking a sidewalk at UC and defying lawful police direction, to the so very dangerous tactic of police entering a dwelling where drugs and /or weapons are suspected. Or is it that we are no longer on the UC topic
If so, then I will not be placed in the position of apologist for every single incident of police behavior. That was not my original post nor my intent. I offered a for real first person narrative of real events I have personally been involved in. Compare and contrast to the UC incident as you wish, but please stay on topic for clarity sake. :)

Let the Judicial system sort out who the "bad ones" are, not some panel staffed by appointees with agendas and pseudo-relevant qualifications...

DA...... Lefty's don't trust the Judicial System. It's owned by "the Man" Even though that's where they run, forum shopping, to achieve their social agenda.

OK...... Lets hear your story. I am not a cop, BTW.

I am not about to reveal how I know these things. It will just have to stand as an unsupported allegation.

Kool.... B|
Are you still in Toronto? Last time there, I took a 5 day sled safari. Great fun, but the intense cold was a serious jolt to my Florida impaired constitution.

Hey narritve is simple.

Some police get off on the rush of it all... the power of it all... and part of that teaching lessons to whomever they deem "teachable" is not the police I want to have on ANY police force.

Wow...... That's an unusually broad statement from an intelligent woman. You sure you haven't been watching too many movies? Again, I am not a cop, but I do realize that cops generally wear a uniform, and are easy marks for revenge. Real world cops tend to expose the nut cases they work with, from what my cop friends tell me.
Perhaps your statement can and should be extended to the anarchist types who "get off" on the rush of civil disobedience and flaunting the law. After all, I am unaware of any formal training for anarchists, while licensed cops are indeed given a form of basic training to insulate local government from a proximate liability should a cop "go off".
What do you think? Training for Anarchists;
Crapping in the park 101
Dumpster burning 101
How to recognize body lice 101
Panhandling 101
Pepper Spray and You 101
and so forth..........:D:D:D

Hey narritve is simple.

Some police get off on the rush of it all... the power of it all... and part of that teaching lessons to whomever they deem "teachable" is not the police I want to have on ANY police force.

Wow...... That's an unusually broad statement from an intelligent woman. You sure you haven't been watching too many movies? Again, I am not a cop, but I do realize that cops generally wear a uniform, and are easy marks for revenge. Real world cops tend to expose the nut cases they work with, from what my cop friends tell me.
Perhaps your statement can and should be extended to the anarchist types who "get off" on the rush of civil disobedience and flaunting the law. After all, I am unaware of any formal training for anarchists, while licensed cops are indeed given a form of basic training to insulate local government from a proximate liability should a cop "go off".
Crapping in the park 101
Dumpster burning 101
Panhandling 101
Pepper Spray and You 101

No

Not all uniforms are filled with those of the same mental capacity or needs.

Hey narritve is simple.

Crapping in the park 101
Dumpster burning 101
Panhandling 101
Pepper Spray and You 101

No

That's a truism everywhere and in every walk of life. Even with anarchists and civil disobedience-ers, too.

Hey narritve is simple.

Crapping in the park 101
Dumpster burning 101
Panhandling 101
Pepper Spray and You 101

No

That's a truism everywhere and in every walk of life. Even with anarchists and civil disobedience-ers, too.

Last I checked those people were not government employees that are supposed to be held to a higher standard of professional behavior. We the people endow those professionals with terrible powers such as life and death of our fellow citizens.[:/]