Kennedy

So Tell Me Again About "Peaceful" Protests

Hey narritve is simple.

Some police get off on the rush of it all... the power of it all... and part of that teaching lessons to whomever they deem "teachable" is not the police I want to have on ANY police force.

Wow...... That's an unusually broad statement from an intelligent woman. You sure you haven't been watching too many movies? Again, I am not a cop, but I do realize that cops generally wear a uniform, and are easy marks for revenge. Real world cops tend to expose the nut cases they work with, from what my cop friends tell me.
Perhaps your statement can and should be extended to the anarchist types who "get off" on the rush of civil disobedience and flaunting the law. After all, I am unaware of any formal training for anarchists, while licensed cops are indeed given a form of basic training to insulate local government from a proximate liability should a cop "go off".
What do you think? Training for Anarchists;
Crapping in the park 101
Dumpster burning 101
How to recognize body lice 101
Panhandling 101
Pepper Spray and You 101
and so forth..........:D:D:D

No

Not all uniforms are filled with those of the same mental capacity or needs.

That's a truism everywhere and in every walk of life. Even with anarchists and civil disobedience-ers, too.

Last I checked those people were not government employees that are supposed to be held to a higher standard of professional behavior. We the people endow those professionals with terrible powers such as life and death of our fellow citizens.[:/]

My dear, dear lady...... NO COP IN THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN GRANTED THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH.
I am glad that you finally see the problem cops have with anarchists and Civil Diso's. There is no standard to which the A's and CD's are held, other than those responsibilities of any other citizen. LIKE OBEYING LAWFUL INSTRUCTION FROM AUTHORIZED POLICE OFFICERS. SIMPLE THINGS, LIKE NOT BLOCKING A SIDEWALK, FOR EXAMPLE.

Last I checked those people were not government employees that are supposed to be held to a higher standard of professional behavior. We the people endow those professionals with terrible powers such as life and death of our fellow citizens.[:/]

My dear, dear lady...... NO COP IN THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN GRANTED THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH.
I am glad that you finally see the problem cops have with anarchists and Civil Diso's. There is no standard to which the A's and CD's are held, other than those responsibilities of any other citizen. LIKE OBEYING LAWFUL INSTRUCTION FROM AUTHORIZED POLICE OFFICERS. SIMPLE THINGS, LIKE NOT BLOCKING A SIDEWALK, FOR EXAMPLE.

How many US Citizens have died at the hands of OUR police in just this millenia so far??[:/]:(

How many US Citizens have died at the hands of OUR police in just this millenia so far??[:/]:(

LOLOL...... You're fantastic. They certainly were not killed for blocking sidewalks, now were they?

LOLOL...... You're fantastic. They certainly were not killed for blocking sidewalks, now were they?

Dead is dead... some were in their homes... some were in their cars... Some... were just too slow to YOU WILL COMPLY[:/]

Certainly. Do you agree that there have been any number of instances where police have not been able to remove people, linked arms or no?

Certainly.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Dead is dead... some where in their homes... some were in their cars... Some... were just too slow to YOU WILL COMPLY[:/]

I have enjoyed this banter. Thank you for an engaging and interesting discussion.

Give it up. Apparently, B-man will go to his death defending the indefensible.
You can lead 'em to water but....

Pops......... I defended nothing..... I apologized for nothing. I believe that Anarchists and protestors should be held the same standards as any other citizen. That was the thrust of my original post and nothing more. That I mentioned the reality of flash light therapy seemingly started a firestorm of anti cop posts. I am not an apologist for the fuzz. They can do their own lifting.

Pops......... I defended nothing..... I apologized for nothing. I believe that Anarchists and protestors should be held the same standards as any other citizen. That was the thrust of my original post and nothing more. That I mentioned the reality of flash light therapy seemingly started a firestorm of anti cop posts. I am not an apologist for the fuzz. They can do their own lifting.

No that would be anti-sadistic power tripping cops administering justice posting... there IS a difference[:/][:/]

No that would be anti-sadistic power tripping cops administering justice posting... there IS a difference[:/][:/]

I do not understand anti-sadistic in the context which you use it.

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+anti-&qpvt=definition+of+anti&FORM=DTPDIA
anti-
Definition
anti-prefix
1. against: against or preventing
"anticlerical"
"anticoagulant"
2. opposite: opposite
"anticlimax"
"antiparticle"
[ Via Latin

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+anti-&qpvt=definition+of+anti&FORM=DTPDIA
anti-
Definition
anti-prefix
"anticlerical"
"anticoagulant"
"anticlimax"
"antiparticle"
[ Via Latin

" anti sadistic power tripping cops".......??? It seems to me that a power tripping anybody could indeed be prone to sadism. Since I am not a cop, or a sadist, or a power tripping anything, I gotta admit that you have lost me. So I ask you, Why are you placing me in the position of Cop Apologist? I have zero messianic powers. I cannot correct any wrongs. I have, again, simply stated a few of my first person experiences.
Allow me ask you this. What are your first person experiences from which you derive you vast knowledge of politics, law enforcement, statistics and so forth?

anti-
Definition
anti-prefix
"anticlerical"
"anticoagulant"
"anticlimax"
"antiparticle"
[ Via Latin

" anti sadistic power tripping cops".......??? It seems to me that a power tripping anybody could indeed be prone to sadism. Since I am not a cop, or a sadist, or a power tripping anything, I gotta admit that you have lost me. So I ask you, Why are you placing me in the position of Cop Apologist? I have zero messianic powers. I cannot correct any wrongs. I have, again, simply stated a few of my first person experiences.
Allow me ask you this. What are your first person experiences from which you derive you vast knowledge of politics, law enforcement, statistics and so forth?

A LONG and interesting life filled with very interesting people.:)
I would hope that you are not pro-sadistic power tripping cops administering justice with a flashlight. I think there are laws against those sort of actions by sadistic power tripping cops administering justice kinda cops.... when they get caught on camera.. and the thin blue line decides NOT to protect them because they really ARE making the rest of them look bad.. but most of the time they usually do close ranks to protect the guilty since most departments seem to be in full paranoia US against all of THEM mode.

anti-
Definition
anti-prefix
"anticlerical"
"anticoagulant"
"anticlimax"
"antiparticle"
[ Via Latin

A LONG and interesting life filled with very interesting people.:)
I would hope that you are not pro-sadistic power tripping cops administering justice with a flashlight. I think there are laws against those sort of actions by sadistic power tripping cops administering justice kinda cops.... when they get caught on camera.. and the thin blue line decides NOT to protect them because they really ARE making the rest of them look bad.. but most of the time they usually do close ranks to protect the guilty since most departments seem to be in full paranoia US against all of THEM mode.

Ya know...... Just because someone has been around a long time does not mean that they actually know anything. Osmosis is not form of education. I don't mean to be harsh, but you seem to be on with the same 1960's anti everything, Tim O'Leary, hippy paradigms that have been dis-proven too many times to relate.
In my experiences ( again ) the cops didn't care what our beef was as long as we "kept moving" and were lawful in our actions, like any other citizen. My four events were arrest free, civil, and we won.
Perhaps you should seek out a Washington, DC cop or a DC Park Service cop for your answers. There are inane protests there every day. Inside the Beltway is a real nut hatch.;)

Ya know...... Just because someone has been around a long time does not mean that they actually know anything. Osmosis is not form of education. I don't mean to be harsh, but you seem to be on with the same 1960's anti everything, Tim O'Leary, hippy paradigms that have been dis-proven too many times to relate.
In my experiences ( again ) the cops didn't care what our beef was as long as we "kept moving" and were lawful in our actions, like any other citizen. My four events were arrest free, civil, and we won.
Perhaps you should seek out a Washington, DC cop or a DC Park Service cop for your answers. There are inane protests there every day. Inside the Beltway is a real nut hatch.

Awww you are so cute when you completely miss the point and don't even have a clue of how wide your shot missed the mark. I got to see the stupidity of the samegroups of people with the same police infallibility mindset back then too.
I also have a very well defined sence of what is right and what is wrong. It really is too bad that more people do not actually study when they were wasting all of mommie and daddie money "going to college". Some people are capable of learning the mistakes of history and trying very hard not to repeat them. Others.... as we are seeing again... not so much... I guess more study.. and less partying might have proved more instructive.

Certainly. Do you agree that there have been any number of instances where police have not been able to remove people, linked arms or no?

Certainly.

Do you also agree that *after* the cops say "Move, pretty please" that other methods may be required?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Certainly.

Do you also agree that *after* the cops say "Move, pretty please" that other methods may be required?

Yep.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Certainly.

Yep.

I disagree. I think tickling them should be the step before pepper spraying them. Do you think they would be able to sit there without moving with a cop tickling them in the ribs? This would also be much more humane. I have never heard of anyone who needed to go to the E.R. after being tickled. You have to agree, it's definitely worth trying.

Perhaps you should seek out a Washington, DC cop or a DC Park Service cop for your answers. There are inane protests there every day. Inside the Beltway is a real nut hatch.

Awww you are so cute when you completely miss the point and don't even have a clue of how wide your shot missed the mark. I got to see the stupidity of the samegroups of people with the same police infallibility mindset back then too.
I also have a very well defined sence of what is right and what is wrong. It really is too bad that more people do not actually study when they were wasting all of mommie and daddie money "going to college". Some people are capable of learning the mistakes of history and trying very hard not to repeat them. Others.... as we are seeing again... not so much... I guess more study.. and less partying might have proved more instructive.

You're a pip too...... I'm a pretty fair shot though. I do believe that since you stray off topic un-endingly, do not have any real first person experience to share, that you don't have a point at all. Sitting in front of a TV "back then" is a bit short of a first person interaction. You cast a wide loop with these generalizations that aren't relevant to the topic.
From your posts, you want to bash the fuzz. OK, go ahead. Bad cop tales are a dime a dozen. The cops have some doozy tales to tell about Joe Citizen.
Before I personally would get in a situation where I might sustain a life long back injury or blow out my knee wrestling, I too would pepper spray the lice ridden, foul smelling dirt bag individual that most folks would not go within 10 meters of.
The unlearned lesson Leftys are missing of the situation at UC is that either comply with lawful direction in a public venue, by a lawfully appointed official or face the consequences of your decision. Which in the UC case were mild. You don't want a problem, then don't start one. That is a global truism that has no borders, or is endemic to any single population.

You're a pip too...... I'm a pretty fair shot though. I do believe that since you stray off topic un-endingly, do not have any real first person experience to share, that you don't have a point at all. Sitting in front of a TV "back then" is a bit short of a first person interaction. You cast a wide loop with these generalizations that aren't relevant to the topic.
From your posts, you want to bash the fuzz. OK, go ahead. Bad cop tales are a dime a dozen. The cops have some doozy tales to tell about Joe Citizen.
Before I personally would get in a situation where I might sustain a life long back injury or blow out my knee wrestling, I too would pepper spray the lice ridden, foul smelling dirt bag individual that most folks would not go within 10 meters of.
The unlearned lesson Leftys are missing of the situation at UC is that either comply with lawful direction in a public venue, by a lawfully appointed official or face the consequences of your decision. Which in the UC case were mild. You don't want a problem, then don't start one. That is a global truism that has no borders, or is endemic to any single population.

Tsk Tsk Tsk ... That is the problem with assuming... since your shot went WAY WIDE of reality once again. But truthfully I do not expect to see any view of reality from people who are incapable of seeing anyone who does not believe in ther religio-fascist police state pinings as "lefty liberal". I think you would find the Founding Fathers spinning furiously in their coffins based on what is supposedly passing as Patriotic God and Country politics in todays America.

It really does amaze me since so many here wish to be standing behind the Redcoats firing into the crowd.

History people... you should have learned it in school.

Tsk Tsk Tsk ... That is the problem with assuming... since your shot went WAY WIDE of reality once again. But truthfully I do not expect to see any view of reality from people who are incapable of seeing anyone who does not believe in ther religio-fascist police state pinings as "lefty liberal". I think you would find the Founding Fathers spinning furiously in their coffins based on what is supposedly passing as Patriotic God and Country politics in todays America.

It really does amaze me since so many here wish to be standing behind the Redcoats firing into the crowd.

History people... you should have learned it in school.

:D:D:D Again, you have lost me. My topic is the UC pepper spray "thingy".
Chrispus Attucks probably would have a few words to say re: your point about where to stand while Redcoats are firing.B|

And that's how most of us feel about you.

You might want to be a bit more specific here, as in, give me examples of me twisting your words. I'll show you how it's done.

I left the topic because you were annoying me. I tried to share information with you, You didn't want to hear it.

I'm sure I was annoying in that topic, but not because I didn't want to hear your "information". I heard it, didn't agree with it, and made an counterargument. Mostly because you came up with a false dilemma: Violent and possibly dangerous hands on methods as the only alternative to pepper spray.

Don't expect me to share private details of my training or employment on this board.

I don't think anyone was interested in your personal details, I sure ain't and I didn't ask for them. You made some claims about how police forces work, and I wanted to see some sources to back that up. I don't really see how your personal details would have any relevance there.

We've all seen how what works out when whiny little bastards decide to turn backstabber.

Interestingly phrased. A simple "I like my privacy too much to share my personal details on the internet" would be just as clear, and wouldn't have showed of how you think of people who don't agree with you. Well that is, if someone actually had asked you to share your private details.

If you cannot understand that there are several ways to deal with blackade type demonstrations and protests, that's not my problem.

I remember it was you that claimed "about every police force" using the same system. And I think the anti-sprayers were actually the ones bringing alternatives to the table. Of course there are different methods, but that wasn't the issue there. The issue is that some methods are more questionable then others.

None of that changes the fact that pepper spray is used in many places around the world as an acceptable option before using "hard hands" methods.

You claimed that it almost universally used after a verbal warning. And I don't know if the term "soft hand" methods exist, but I'm sure you understand where I'm getting at. They should at least have tried to remove the protesters in a non-violent way.

Do you understand that there is a difference between carrying off a passive protester and trying to break up protesters who have linked arms and refuse to let go?

Yes

Do you understand that there is a difference between things like blocking streets buildings railroads etc and surrounding a group of officers and refusing to let them leave? Do you think the Polizei would have used the same tactics if their officers had been surrounded while making an arrest and protesters surrounded them?

You tell me, you claimed specifically they do use pepper spray in the same situation.

Despite the hysterics of a few liars,

OWS protesters strike me as the type that are very quick with the term "police violence", that doesn't mean that actual police violence against them can be ignored.

Were there others things they could have done?

That's all the anti-sprayers were saying. The point is that we think that there should've been a couple of steps between the warning and the use of pepper spray.