PhoenixPhive

Happy Native American Holocaust Day (Thanksgiving)

WOW! Is there a sight or study for that referenced number?!

- my tribe had no need for the written word until white people came here because they actually meant what they said

Yes, there is. Just Google "Native American Population 1492"
We can assume then that you just pulled a number out of your hind end?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

WOW! Is there a sight or study for that referenced number?!

- my tribe had no need for the written word until white people came here because they actually meant what they said

Yes, there is. Just Google "Native American Population 1492"
We can assume then that you just pulled a number out of your hind end?[/repl

...and a rabbit, too!:D

Chuck

On which day we celebrate by eating roasted native.

I like mine with mint jelly.

I've never understood the attraction of sweet mixed with meat.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

that's because "white" people never feel guilt for stealing, they just create laws and governments to protect their thefts...

The "Native Americans" stole this land from somebody. Human or animal I don't know but they took it from somebody no diffrent than the Europeans. Then, just to be sure they had taken "their land" by force, they continually waged war among the tribes and took land from each other....just like "the whites".
Just because it was taken from you doesn't mean you were any more of a victim than the ones you took it from.
HAMMER:

The "Native Americans" stole this land from somebody. Human or animal I don't know but they took it from somebody no diffrent than the Europeans.

"I don't know"... but anyway, let's write some embarrassingly pathetic remarks?
JFYI:
- You can't "steal" land from animals.
- The First Nations WERE the first to come to the Americas (via the Bering Strait, other ways are disputed) and did not steal any land from any human beings as there had not been any before there.

Then, just to be sure they had taken "their land" by force,

What force? You constructed / fabricated something and now add on "forcibly entry" to consolidate your claims.
That there sure had been wars between different tribes after they had moved there is a different aspect.

Just because it was taken from you doesn't mean you were any more of a victim than the ones you took it from.

Yeah, the good old "The victim is the aggressor" argument. May it been fabricated, it serves Joe Sixpack's prejudice. Stammtischgefasel!
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

The "Native Americans" stole this land from somebody. Human or animal I don't know but they took it from somebody no diffrent than the Europeans.

"I don't know"... but anyway, let's write some embarrassingly pathetic remarks?
JFYI:
- You can't "steal" land from animals.
- The First Nations WERE the first to come to the Americas (via the Bering Strait, other ways are disputed) and did not steal any land from any human beings as there had not been any before there.

Then, just to be sure they had taken "their land" by force,

What force? You constructed / fabricated something and now add on "forcibly entry" to consolidate your claims.
That there sure had been wars between different tribes after they had moved there is a different aspect.

Yeah, the good old "The victim is the aggressor" argument. May it been fabricated, it serves Joe Sixpack's prejudice. Stammtischgefasel!

Your entire argument is based on two assumptions:
1) The Clovis people came across an ice bridge and populated North and South America, and
2) You can't steal from animals.

There is very strong evidence that the Clovis people were not the first in North America. Some put the date of first inhabitants at 40-50,000 years ago. Do your homework before posting PA's.
Can't steal from animals? Uh, excuse me...humans are animals. But, for the sake of argument, let's exclude humans.
Yes, you can steal from animals. Humans have taken over and destroyed wildlife habitat to the point of driving many species extinct. What worse case of stealing can you imagine than total annihilation of that which possesses what you want?
HAMMER:

Watched a documentary yesterday about the coward and military failure Gen George Custer. He actively used women and children as human shields and hunted them down at the big horn (thankfully the warriors kept him and his cowardly cavalry at bay. The conquering of America was nothing short of genocide and theft.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Watched a documentary yesterday about the coward and military failure Gen George Custer. He actively used women and children as human shields and hunted them down at the big horn (thankfully the warriors kept him and his cowardly cavalry at bay. The conquering of America was nothing short of genocide and theft.

And prior to 1776 it was done by the Brits in the East and the Spanish in the West.

It seems like history is filled with similiar stories of one empire conquering another.

Were the Native Americans anymore kind or compassionate, or honest in their warfare against the Whites? I really doubt that they were. Didn't they also rape and plunder, and murder. It's interesting how the loser is protrayed as being all good, trustworthy, and wonderful when that might not have been the case at all.

I have been to trainings where a Native American will go on and on telling stories of boarding schools where most all of the Catholic priests and nuns were raping and abusing all of the poor Indian children. I agree that the boarding schools did a lot of harm to many generations, but was it really as awful as everyone seems to say. Wasn't there any good that came out of them.

Many Native Americans willingly gave their children to the boarding schools, to keep them from starving to death. They weren't all forcibly placed there by the Whites, as so many Native Americans want to say.....

Then there is the story of how the White's gave blankets contaminated with small pox to the various tribes to use, and how these blankets killed off hundreds of Native Americans....yet the fact is Small Pox can not be transferred that way.

A lady recently told me that there was no mental illness by the Native Americans in times gone by....that this was something brought into their culture by the Whites.

I often hear about how cowardly Custard was....but isn't it a fact he was decorated for heroism including the Civil War.

I would just like to get an accurate account of what really happened in history, and not just some fabricated, emotional appeal, that is far from the truth....

And prior to 1776 it was done by the Brits in the East and the Spanish in the West.

It was done by the Brits in the Boer war where we murdered 26,000 Afrikaaner women and children in concentration camps by cholera and starvation.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It was done by the Brits in the Boer war where we murdered 26,000 Afrikaaner women and children in concentration camps by cholera and starvation.

DUUUUUUDE.. the Brits got lots better numbers in the mid 1600's in Ireland.
50% of the polulation.. POOF.. gone. Those that were not murdered in droves... were transported as slaves to the America's