CameraNewbie

OWS - NYC, peaceful protest, my ass!

I already have an education, a damn good one at that. Besides you seem to be proof positive that education does not equal intelligence.

Oh really... Facts not in evidence.

WAITER... we have another one in severe need of fromage to go with his choice of whine.

How is it that when others complain/express displeasure, it is whining, while when you complain/express displeasure, it is NOT whining?

I guess you just have to be able to recognize GOAT FUCK STUPID when you read it right there on the page in front of you. Of course.. that does require basic comprehension of the english language.

Who is it again who blamed their teachers for their inability to learn back then... and continue to do so day in and day out in the lacluster lives today.

That doesn't answer my question.

How many times do your fellow travellers call anyone who does not agree with their goose stepping FAR to the fringe right... liberals?

There are many here... and if you did not actually put the politicians name to a historical policy event of even the last 40 years, they would call the Republican politician who did that or said that R I N O's or liberals.. untill you tell them its Reagan or Goldwater et al... then they start sputtering... because they have been trained to worship Saint Ronald:ph34r::ph34r:

I already have an education, a damn good one at that. Besides you seem to be proof positive that education does not equal intelligence.

WAITER... we have another one in severe need of fromage to go with his choice of whine.

How is it that when others complain/express displeasure, it is whining, while when you complain/express displeasure, it is NOT whining?

I guess you just have to be able to recognize GOAT FUCK STUPID when you read it right there on the page in front of you. Of course.. that does require basic comprehension of the english language.

Who is it again who blamed their teachers for their inability to learn back then... and continue to do so day in and day out in the lacluster lives today.

How many times do your fellow travellers call anyone who does not agree with their goose stepping FAR to the fringe right... liberals?

There are many here... and if you did not actually put the politicians name to a historical policy event of even the last 40 years, they would call the Republican politician who did that or said that R I N O's or liberals.. untill you tell them its Reagan or Goldwater et al... then they start sputtering... because they have been trained to worship Saint Ronald:ph34r::ph34r:

Again, you did not answer my question:

Why is discontent/complaints from Conservative posters "Whining," but your and other Liberals' discontent/complaints not whining?

Why is discontent/complaints from Conservative posters "Whining," but your and other Liberals' discontent/complaints not whining?

There you go

There you go

That does not answer my question, unless you answer is "because it isn't." Is that your answer?

Prove it. Until you can document something,

Since you made the claim that pretty much every police organization uses that continuum, you should be doing the proving. Or you would just be repeating shit you heard.

Both our NUFF and our old and new IM/IM have physical control before the use of OC.

Furthermore, most jurisdiction have policies that restrict the use of OC to incidents of violence or threat.

Quite simply, in Canada this would likely not have played out this way.

She will never answer the question. It's funny how she rails against anyone "marching lockstep with the fringe right", yet has nothing but contempt for anyone who disagrees with her.

No.. its about my disdain for people who get all butt hurt over their sacred cows... like your inability to see a humorous post.... where you felt the need to butt in... because you thought your sacred cow was being attacked.

Butt thats ok.. you are in good company with those who get butt hurt over any post I make... you cain't hep you selfs.....:D:D:D

Suck it up CUPCAKE

Has any ones opinions changed after seeing the two new videos?

The first showing the Police and the Leader of the particular protest conversing and "agreeing" tot he pepper spray, kind of he at least acknowledged it and showed concern for the other in attendance.

The second showing the Silent Protest as the School Chancellor walked down the side walk to her car.

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/11/22/video-uc-davis-occupiers-agreed-to-be-pepper-sprayed-before-incident/

I know nothing of the Weasel Zippers, it popped up on twitter, so I can not validate any politics of the site.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

She will never answer the question. It's funny how she rails against anyone "marching lockstep with the fringe right", yet has nothing but contempt for anyone who disagrees with her.

No.. its about my disdain for people who get all butt hurt over their sacred cows... like your inability to see a humorous post.... where you felt the need to butt in... because you thought your sacred cow was being attacked.

Butt thats ok.. you are in good company with those who get butt hurt over any post I make... you cain't hep you selfs.....:D:D:D

Suck it up CUPCAKE

Yet Again, you did not answer my question:

Why is discontent/complaints from Conservative posters "Whining," but your and other Liberals' discontent/complaints is/are not whining?

Suck it up CUPCAKE

Yet Again, you did not answer my question:

Why is discontent/complaints from Conservative posters "Whining," but your and other Liberals' discontent/complaints is/are not whining?

GAWD I love it when the usual suspects get all frustrated on something other than their private lives.:D:D:D

Or, for all we know, he simply flipped them the bird and they beat the shit out of him for daring to offend them. Seems to me, in America, cops are (supposedly) trained to control their emotions in crowd-control situations.

Or maybe we should all just STFU with the speculation until we know what really happened.

And I, in reply, am far more interested in why "snatching the hat off an officer" (the horror!) amounts to an offense that warrants having his head bashed and bloodied. Mind you, THAT was why he was beaten up, not because he was an asshole.

Someone here stated that vinegar was thrown at cops. Well, it wasn't vinegar. It was urine. B| I was probably 30 feet away from those guys who drank that piss and got it in their eyes. Eff'd up situation! We were just standing there making sure they didn't break through the barriers to get inside the stock exchange. For the most part it was just annoying noise and taunting and what not but then all of a sudden you saw the piss fly through the air.

I was about 5 feet away from a group of 20 occupiers that went up to a cop and said "Be prepared for WAR! You better keep your helmets on!" The only thing I could think of at that moment was, "Oh fudge my life! I'm one of the few a-holes here that didn't bring a helmet. I'm screwed!"

There are entrances and exits within the park. The occupiers then assembled in the park and all of a sudden they started charging at the barriers, tore them apart and chanted "You can't keep us locked in here! Do you guys feel like prison guards?" I was thinking to myself, ummm you're free to come and go as you please, people. Wow, what an idea!:o

They broke the barrier bars and flung them at us. Then, they tried to rush out the barriers, for whatever sense of urgency they had in their mind to do so, and we had to hold them back while walking backwards to keep them from trampling us. I was a human barrier when I was in between the protesters, barriers and cops from behind me pushing me forward. I was just thinking...fudge my life 999 times, this hurts like a mother! Then, people were spitting and throwing objects at us and I was praying not to get hit with something in the head. When it was all said and done, I walked away to wash my face and wash the abrasions on my arms. I kept thinking"Why am I here? I don't even want to be here. I've been standing on my feet for 14 hrs in the cold freezing rain with no rain jacket, freezing cold sloshy feet, talking to tourists, giving them directions and talking to fellow cops about computer problems and then all of a sudden these people want to fling objects at me. Why?"

The hand slashing I didn't physically see happen but it definitely happened. A cop was sent to the hospital for bleeding and lacerations to the hand.

I don't care so much about people protesting. I just care about not getting hurt for just standing in the street, waiting to go home to my wife and kids.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

that's your job mate - don't like it choose another one...

Nice - It was presented as a first hand account. I really thought the standard operating procedure was to call the poster a liar first.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So you're ok with destruction of property, throwing bodily fluids at people, and citing people with blades. But only when it's people you don't like. Generally, that's referred to as hypocrisy.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

that's your job mate - don't like it choose another one.

I'm a human being mate. I have every right to bitch about my job just like the next person.

This post is about peaceful protest. Besides deflecting this at me, what's your response about the first hand information I just gave you about their so-called peaceful protest, mate?

that would be your sop - life is hard, jobs are tough. next

Still dancing around the facts I just presented, no pun intented.

Standard operating procedure would be to arrest all those pushing forward for, inciting a riot, reckless endangerment for throwing metal bars at us, harassment and disorderly conduct for spitting at me, the list can go on and on. For the few people that got arrested, 200-300 people got away scott free.

So you're ok with destruction of property, throwing bodily fluids at people, and citing people with blades. But only when it's people you don't like. Generally, that's referred to as hypocrisy.

Dude, don't even bother. No one has anything to say about what I just stated as first hand information. Nor will they have anything to say except, it's your job, standard operating procedure, blah blah blah. I'm done here bro. Be safe out there.

Prove it. Until you can document something,

Since you made the claim that pretty much every police organization uses that continuum, you should be doing the proving. Or you would just be repeating shit you heard.

Well, since the shit I heard came from other sworn and certified officers, most folks give that more credence than "this one time on tv" or "that reporter said" references. I haven't seen the written UOF policies for most,

Both our NUFF and our old and new IM/IM have physical control before the use of OC.

That depends on how you define physical control. Obviously "soft hands" things like guiding with an open hand and use of restraints like cuffs on a non-resisting suspect are lesser force than OC spray. However, I can only think of one department that places OC on par with striking, baton, and TASER.

Furthermore, most jurisdiction have policies that restrict the use of OC to incidents of violence or threat.

Then they've made it completely useless. By the time an incident rises to assault, OC is pointless. OC's value lies in its ability to make higher force like manhandling and intermediate tools. Pepper spray is most useful on very static situations like a nonviolent noncompliance suspect who refuses a command like "turn around and put your hands behind your back," but doesn't move. OC is a very poor choice for times like an active assault or violently resisting suspect.

Quite simply, in Canada this would likely not have played out this way.

Riots at G# events and hockey games would not support that conclusion.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

so, if you'd had the manpower you would have arrested another 300...

So, if 1 person throws a battery at your head and then a cup of urine - you'd want him arrested.

But if 300 people all do it, you're ok with that.

I don't think you really grasp right from wrong at all.

Or is it only ok if the 300 people all make less than $20K per year?

Seriously,what does the number have to do with it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

so, if you'd had the manpower you would have arrested another 300...

So, if 1 person throws a battery at your head and then a cup of urine - you'd want him arrested.

But if 300 people all do it, you're ok with that.

I don't think you really grasp right from wrong at all.

Or is it only ok if the 300 people all make less than $20K per year?

Seriously,what does the number have to do with it?

Oh I don't know.... are you enough of a NIMBY to not want those concentration camps anywhere near you and yours???

Numbers do indeed matter.

I'm sorry, I just can't agree that wrong acts should be overlooked just because someone was in a mob and too weak to remember who they were.

It's a crappy "mitigating argument" rationalization

I'm sorry, I just can't agree that wrong acts should be overlooked just because someone was in a mob and too weak to remember who they were.

It's a crappy "mitigating argument" rationalization

Interesting that only the OWS... are seen as "mobs".... other movements at least as defined on FAUX News... are defined as "patriots"

so, if you'd had the manpower you would have arrested another 300

Negative dancing mate. I don't make those executive decisions. I'm just a lowly pee on. Again, you are deflecting. I still have not seen what you have to say about the first hand information I gave you about their supposed so called peaceful protest. Again, nothing but crickets about that, eh mate?