dreamdancer

If you value freedom of speech, then thank an anarchist

A true anarchy would stifle freedom of speech. If somebody didn't what you said, they could kill you without any laws to stop them. very quickly people would stop speaking out against anything...either willfully or by force.
Anarchy, being the lack of law, would inevitably lead to the lack of all freedom for all but the most ruthless.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

A true anarchy would stifle freedom of speech. If somebody didn't what you said, they could kill you without any laws to stop them. very quickly people would stop speaking out against anything...either willfully or by force.
Anarchy, being the lack of law, would inevitably lead to the lack of all freedom for all but the most ruthless.

and how is the rule of law imposed on the ruthless...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Try reading Machiavelli's "The Prince." It will provide you a structure to your arguments and your discussions. It was written 500 years ago so your thoughts are nothing new. Read the part about Agathocles of Syracuse, I think it was. You'd appreciate it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Through the courts. I'll assume you actually are intelligent enough to have known that.
HAMMER:

Through the courts. I'll assume you actually are intelligent enough to have known that.

so out of anarchy arise courts...

(an invention of the 99% not the 1%)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Those whom you support so .......

well....... ... ... there has got to be word but it aint coming to me right now:S

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/occupy-la-five-charged-with-crimes.html

Such nice people

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

so out of anarchy arise courts...

(an invention of the 99% not the 1%)

And your point is what?
HAMMER:

my point is - if you value freedom of speech, then thank an anarchist...

Unfortunately, you have yet to prove the point.

Yeah, I'm left somewhat confused by the randomness of attemptting to show a cause and effect. His reasoning is akin to saying we should thank mass murderers for us being alive. After all, it was murder that brought about laws against murder. Yep, I'm ever so indepted to all those bad people thoughout history. :S
HAMMER: