dreamdancer

Credit Suisse to reveal details of super-rich US tax evaders

now where to hide it...

Switzerland's famously discreet banks are preparing to give up the secrets of more than 100 super-rich Americans suspected of evading billions of dollars of tax.

Credit Suisse, Switzerland's second-biggest bank, has begun handing over the details of some of its US clients to American tax evasion investigators, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It is the second big Swiss bank to do so in the past two years.

The significant change to Switzerland's culture of banking secrecy comes after US authorities launched a criminal investigation into 11 financial institutions, including Credit Suisse and HSBC, suspected of helping tens of thousands of Americans hide money from the US taxman.

Switzerland's reputation for unwavering confidentiality has helped it become the world's largest offshore tax haven, managing more than $2.1tr of foreigners' money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/nov/14/credit-suisse-american-tax-evasion
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

this should be good.

ever see the funky tax deductions people can pull off once they cross say $250k?
Makes you wonder what those making $1mill can do?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

What are some of those "funky tax deductions?" I make well over $250K, and although I have a CPA, I don't know of any such deductions. Please enlighten me, if you can.

snort. Stop calling him on his made up shit!

--
So much for the article's mention of Swiss reputation for "unwavering confidentiality." Though they did make sure to give enough warning so any out of compliance folks could move it out. Unfortunately, while those island republics do maintain privacy, they don't quite give the same level of security in the notion that the money will be there next year.

What are some of those "funky tax deductions?" I make well over $250K, and although I have a CPA, I don't know of any such deductions. Please enlighten me, if you can.

I get a great one on my condo!
I mean it's freaking rocking!
I may hate the thing and want to kill most if not all the old ladies in my neighborhood but.....hell it keeps my taxes LOW!

If i made twice what I made, about what you made, I would pick up another investment property that was rented out and which paid for it self....
another tax deductions.

And so on and so on.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I get a great one on my condo!
I mean it's freaking rocking!
I may hate the thing and want to kill most if not all the old ladies in my neighborhood but.....hell it keeps my taxes LOW!

If i made twice what I made, about what you made, I would pick up another investment property that was rented out and which paid for it self....
another tax deductions.

And so on and so on.

anyone who owns a home can write that off. its not a "funky tax deduction" for people making more than 250k. also, you cannot write off an investment property as you can your primary residence, so your wrong on that. what else do you have?

similiar to your story about how investment bank managers get bonuses for laying people off, id like to remind you that you cannot just make stuff up and expect everyone here to not know any better.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante