DesertAttorney

Darwin Bleaching the OWS Gene Pool

Hey, I’m not saying I believe it. I am well aware that the government may issue appropriate time, place and manner restrictions on speech. But the problem is that there are too many people out there with just enough education to think they know a lot more than they really do.
I know what the Fleabaggers will say. It’s the same thing they are saying everywhere – that it’s about free speech. It’s bullshit, of course. And it’s a new high in arrogance and self-importance to consider public excrement to be free speech. But it’s what they’ll claim.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The issue is what should be done? Personally, I think that if they are infecting only themselves then, by all means, they are adults and can choose to get treatment or not. If they are coughing up blood from TB, then it’s their choice,....

In Canada TB is a reportable infection. This means if an health care professional detects or treats it they must report to the gov. If you don't accept treatment the gov will come to give you the choice of treatment or quarantine.

>Are you going to compare OWS to the Army of the American Revolution?

Well, the US revolution actually accomplished something - so the OWS is a lot more comparable to the Tea Party.

The Tea Party has endorsed Congressional Candidates who have subsequently won office. OWS has not.

Yeah and as a group... those nutters have shown their inability to govern.. but they are great at destroying the credit rating of our country. With their slash and burn mentality, they will have VERY far reaching results for this country for the rest of this century... very great harm.

Yeah...because borrowing and borrowing (the Libtard Mantra) is such a great idea...How's about cutting the size of Gubmnit first? Nah, gotta subsidize some other Solyndra clones first.

You did not do well in school did you... The Conservatards are the ones who have done such a bang on job of selling out to the ChiComs.. What was the deficit before Saint Ronnie came to the throne again???

I think MOST people who have a clue... now realize that VOO DOO economics, as named by King George the First while running against Saint Ronnie has been a disaster for this country...

>Are you going to compare OWS to the Army of the American Revolution?

Well, the US revolution actually accomplished something - so the OWS is a lot more comparable to the Tea Party.

The Tea Party has endorsed Congressional Candidates who have subsequently won office. OWS has not.

Yeah and as a group... those nutters have shown their inability to govern.. but they are great at destroying the credit rating of our country. With their slash and burn mentality, they will have VERY far reaching results for this country for the rest of this century... very great harm.

Yeah...because borrowing and borrowing (the Libtard Mantra) is such a great idea...How's about cutting the size of Gubmnit first? Nah, gotta subsidize some other Solyndra clones first.

So Reagan and GWB are "libtards". OK.

Some people fail even the easist classes.. like history and economics. I find thelist a certain person listed of academic accomplishments to be humorous.. after seeing a lack of understanding on a lot of rather basic ideas.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

>How do you see them nominating and electing someone?

Same way the Tea Party does. Have politicians say "we support the goals of the OWS." Voila - they are OWS candidates.

Right. Even though the OWS has no goals.

and as camps deteriorate, I'm not sure any politician gains votes with this stance. Instead we see "I understand their frustration. Issue X is very important and I agree something (unsaid) needs to be done. But..."

Not only do they have no goals, they have no leadership or methods of establishing a consensus. The finger waving thing doesn't even work well for one camp, and there are dozens (hundreds) of smaller ones out there. ***

*** now given how many of them have cell phones and high end smart phones at that, it would be very easy to quickly create a mobile web app that could allow for instantaneous voting across the entire country scene. Most of the work would be in keeping shills from voting...unless they're willing to camp out overnight.

it would be very easy to quickly create a mobile web app that could allow for instantaneous voting across the entire country scene

Yes. But that would mean somebody actually creating it.
I also am not at all convinced that there are not people of power in the OWS groups. In nearly every group, there will exist certain people who by way of their personalities are able to obtain some form of leadership. The groupthink doesn’t just wander but has one or two people who are looked to for leadership. Someone mans the megaphone.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

it would be very easy to quickly create a mobile web app that could allow for instantaneous voting across the entire country scene

Yes. But that would mean somebody actually creating it.
I also am not at all convinced that there are not people of power in the OWS groups. In nearly every group, there will exist certain people who by way of their personalities are able to obtain some form of leadership. The groupthink doesn’t just wander but has one or two people who are looked to for leadership. Someone mans the megaphone.

I'm sure this is true to an extent, however such power has not been exercised to control the message better. They're still letting anyone in camp make a mockery of them by allowing him to talk to a camera.

The bigger problem is that there isn't that sort of cohesion anyway - figure there's a group of communists, a group of anarchists (theoretical), a group of anarchists (practicing - engaging cops, breaking windows), a group of hipsters, a group of generic progressives, and on. If you drew it as a Venn diagram, I think you'd see at least 4 major sectors.

>Even though the OWS has no goals.

Oh, they have goals - they're just shortsighted and contradictory. "Guaranteed living wage even if someone doesn't have a job." "Shut down all nuclear, hydro and fossil fuel plants - but spend a trillion dollars on electrical infrastructure." "Keep your government hands off my Social Security." (That one was Tea Party actually; same thing.)