Anvilbrother

Why not Ron Paul?

Dude is getting the media shaft. I don't trust the others as far as I can throw them. Everything I have read about and by him(thanks public library) is exactly what I think we need. Other than him being on the old side, and looks a bit like the old cranky puppet Jeff Dunham uses, why should we not want what he is offering?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Dude is getting the media shaft. I don't trust the others as far as I can throw them. Everything I have read about and by him(thanks public library) is exactly what I think we need. Other than him being on the old side, and looks a bit like the old cranky puppet Jeff Dunham uses, why should we not want what he is offering?

He does not have a chance because his primary audience consists of those with three-digit IQs.

The adage in advertising is that, once you exceed an 8th grade level, you have lost half your market.

Read this from the GOP debate, Dearborn, Michigan, October 9, 2007;

What's happening is, there's transfer of wealth from the poor and the middle class to the wealthy. This comes about because of the monetary system that we have. When you inflate a currency or destroy a currency, the middle class gets wiped out. So the people who get to use the money first which is created by the Federal Reserve system benefit. So the money gravitates to the banks and to Wall Street. That's why you have more billionaires than ever before. Today, this country is in the middle of a recession for a lot of people... As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means. And we have lived beyond our means because we are financing a foreign policy that is so extravagant and beyond what we can control, as well as the spending here at home. And we're depending on the creation of money out of thin air, which is nothing more than debasement of the currency. It's counterfeit... So, if you want a healthy economy, you have to study monetary theory and figure out why it is that we're suffering. And everybody doesn't suffer equally, or this wouldn't be so bad. It's always the poor people -- those who are on retired incomes -- that suffer the most. But the politicians and those who get to use the money first, like the military industrial complex, they make a lot of money and they benefit from it.

Now . . . how, exactly do you think that sort of thing goes over with the leaders of the Republican Party who answer to the 1%?

THAT is why FoxNews, et. al., don't want anything to do with him.

As for myself, I think he's more right than wrong on a lot of things, but on a couple of things I think he's nutty as a fruitcake.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

sometimes fruitcake is "just the ticket"..

i'd vote for Ron Paul
and as long as we're on fruitcakes.......Jesse Ventura could be his Veep.;)
I'd vote for HIM too....

sometimes you just GOTTA go,,, "fringe".....
for sure, the same old same old just ain't cuttin' it....[:/]
(Look at the last 12 years...:( )

jt

Well, while that's "charming" in a tech start-up or company that sells cookies in shopping malls, this is a considerably more serious position we're talking about here and the ramifications of a nutcase with his finger on the button doesn't really sit well with me.
quade -

Well, while that's "charming" in a tech start-up or company that sells cookies in shopping malls, this is a considerably more serious position we're talking about here and the ramifications of a nutcase with his finger on the button doesn't really sit well with me.

You've got one with his finger on the button right now.

I'd trust Ron Paul over Barry Barak Hussein Obama Soetoro any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You've got one with his finger on the button right now.

Oh please . . .

You may not care for the man's politics, but he's proven he knows when and under what circumstances to give the command to take out the enemy. You'll have to search history for quite some time before coming up with a President that's anywhere as close to Obama is when it comes to being cool under the pressures of war.

Did you see him the night before bin Laden was killed? That's far from nuts, that's a level of stoney coolness you won't find very often. Name another President even close to that.
quade -

Did you see him the night before bin Laden was killed? That's far from nuts, that's a level of stoney coolness you won't find very often. Name another President even close to that.

all part of his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples". That's why he won the Nobel Peace Prize. Dontchaknow?
--
Rob

all part of his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples". That's why he won the Nobel Peace Prize. Dontchaknow?

Come on.... you guys.... I know you are all butt hurt that poor ole George... was so impotent that he could just not get the job of getting Bin Laden done.

didn't even cross my mind. you want to keep bring W into this... fine. That's on you. If that's what it takes to be happy with your current administration... "at least he's not Bush" (which should have been his campaign slogan)
--
Rob

You may not care for the man's politics, but he's proven he knows when and under what circumstances to give the command to take out the enemy. You'll have to search history for quite some time before coming up with a President that's anywhere as close to Obama is when it comes to being cool under the pressures of war.

He's a good actor, like any politician. You say stoney coolness, I wonder if he knew it'd be the next day. (maybe he did, I haven't read when or how he gave the green light)
As for knowing when to push the button, when exactly does that include drone strikes on US citizens not involved in any sort of combat?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Are you so far up the democraps asses that you think the president really has much to do with finding bin laden? He provides the structure and funding, and when real men on the ground find him he gets to say yes. In my book ALL the credit goes to the men on the ground giving up blood sweat and tears!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Come on.... you guys.... I know you are all butt hurt that poor ole George... was so impotent that he could just not get the job of getting Bin Laden done.

If you are really naive enough to believe the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania had anything to do with Bin Laden being killed, your grip on reality is even weaker than I thought.

It was an intel breakthrough that enabled the Navy to kill Bin Laden. It would have happened if McCain was president also.

But Obongo is quite the opportunist, so he of course took credit, credit that belonged to the SEAL Community.

He's a good actor, like any politician. You say stoney coolness, I wonder if he knew it'd be the next day.

Yes. He absolutely knew. They had been planning the raid for quite awhile and it was Obama's idea and responsibility to do a ground strike rather than a drone strike. Obama wanted 100% proof and didn't think a drone strike would necessarily provide it. If it went south and ended up in a "Black Hawk Down" situation, he knew it wouldn't just be a gigantic loss for the country, but it actually would be the end of his career.

He 100% absolutely knew every detail knowable including the political ramification both internal (Jimmy Carter syndrome) and external (technically violating Pakistan to carry it out). It was a HUGE risk, but holy fuck, give the man some credit for coolness under pressure.

This aspect has been well analyzed and covered by the media, even the media that is normally strongly against him. Hell, even Cheney congratulated him.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/03/world/la-fg-bin-laden-raid-20110503
quade -

didn't even cross my mind. you want to keep bring W into this... fine. That's on you. If that's what it takes to be happy with your current administration... "at least he's not Bush" (which should have been his campaign slogan)

No I just like pointing it out.. for those of you who wish to blame the economic mess on Obama... when it sits SQUARELY on all of you who voted for the MORON in CHIEF back in 2000.

Past performance SHOULD have been indicitive of how he would do in the presidency....

Are you so far up the democraps asses that you think the president really has much to do with finding bin laden? He provides the structure and funding, and when real men on the ground find him he gets to say yes. In my book ALL the credit goes to the men on the ground giving up blood sweat and tears!

And the guy you voted for???

Leadership.. is a top down sort of thing.

Past performance SHOULD have been indicitive of how he would do in the presidency

I'm using that as my basis for not wanting Obama back in the office of the president again. How many promises did he break? How many billions of dollars was given away to corrupt or hopeless businesses that went bankrupt? Unemployment will never get over....ooh my bad I can't get that done either.

In that case I'm impressed. Maybe I'll read more later. I'm not in front if a computer all day anymore, so news reading is limited.

So what about

As for knowing when to push the button, when exactly does that include drone strikes on US citizens not involved in any sort of combat?

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Past performance SHOULD have been indicitive of how he would do in the presidency

I'm using that as my basis for not wanting Obama back in the office of the president again. How many promises did he break? How many billions of dollars was given away to corrupt or hopeless businesses that went bankrupt? Unemployment will never get over....ooh my bad I can't get that done either.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT Wrong answer... get your FACTS from someplace other than FAUX NEWS....

Details Details Details.. not DELUSIONS from FAUX NEWS

In that case I'm impressed. Maybe I'll read more later. I'm not in front if a computer all day anymore, so news reading is limited.

So what about

Interesting that you support a terrorist.... quite telling.. I guess you do not support your country after all...

So what about

Interesting that you support a terrorist.... quite
telling.. I guess you do not support your country after all...

It is as simple as that..