dreamdancer

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the OWS Protests

Mayor Jean Quan's chief legal adviser resigned early this morning after what he called a "tragically unnecessary" police raid of the Occupy Oakland camp.

Dan Siegel, mayoral legal advisor, addresses Occupy Oakland protesters in Frank Ogawa Plaza on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011, in Oakland, Calif. Dan Siegel, a civil rights attorney and one of Oakland's most active and vocal police critics, said the city should have done more to work with campers before sending in police.

"The city sent police to evict this camp, arrest people and potentially hurt them," Siegel said. "Obviously, we're not on the same page. It's an amazing show of force to move tents from a public place."

Siegel strongly and vocally opposed any plan by the city to take down the month-old camp in the days leading up the police raid.

"I am really disappointed with the city," Siegel said at the protest near City Hall. Oakland has become "the most hostile city to the Occupy movement. Where else are they having 600 police officers take down some tents?"

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/11/14-6
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

"I am really disappointed with the city," Siegel said at the protest near City Hall. Oakland has become "the most hostile city to the Occupy movement. Where else are they having 600 police officers take down some tents?"

[url]

"Hostile?" Tell that to the business owners (read: productive citizens) who have had human waste strewn around on sidewalks near their stores and have had their windows smashed or had to endure other acts of vandalism.

Whiny OWS Pussies.

the police had better be nice...

Occupy Wall Street has become a national and even international symbol — with similarly styled occupations popping up in cities and towns across America and around the world. A growing popular movement has fundamentally altered the national narrative about our economy, our democracy, and our future.

Americans are talking about the consolidation of wealth and power in our society, and the stranglehold that the top 1% have on our political system. More and more Americans are seeing the crises of our economy and our democracy as systemic problems, that require collective action to remedy. More and more Americans are identifying as part of the 99%, and saying “enough!” This moment may be nothing short of America rediscovering the strength we hold when we come together as citizens to take action to address crises that impact us all.

http://www.alternet.org/story/153060/the_tactic_of_occupation_and_the_movement_of_the_99/

>The Tea Party--productive citizen business owners?

NYT, 3/27/11:

==========
The fact that many of them joined the Tea Party after losing their jobs raises questions of whether the movement can survive an improvement in the economy, with people trading protest signs for paychecks.
==========

Sounds like unemployed whiners to me.

>The Anarchist trust-funded OWS mob is the one rioting...

Tea Partyer Mike Vanderboegh:

========
So, if you wish to send a message that Pelosi and her party cannot fail to hear, break their windows.

Break them NOW.

Break them and run to break again. Break them under cover of night. Break them in broad daylight. Break them and await arrest in willful, principled civil disobedience. Break them with rocks. Break them with slingshots. Break them with baseball bats.

But BREAK THEM.
=========

Want to go for a third strike?

the main rioting is booked in for a year or two from now when the police shootings will have built up to 'tipping' point...

I'd wager the Police Dept has better marksmen and other anti-mob gear.

If you want to play with the PD, they'll "play" back.

this isn't 'play' - time to get real...

the main rioting is booked in for a year or two from now when the police shootings will have built up to 'tipping' point...

Assaults on Cops=Lots of dead protestors...what's the downside? Other than the lost productivity at the PD whilst the Officers recover...

Just like the police riots of 1968... THAT will finally make the people of this country realize that a police state is NOT something they want to live in...then the wost of the abusive bully types will finally be removed by the good cops around them that do not want to be stigmatized.

"Hostile?" Tell that to the business owners (read: productive citizens) who have had human waste strewn around on sidewalks near their stores and have had their windows smashed or had to endure other acts of vandalism.

Whiny OWS Pussies.

here was the most interesting quote in the SF Chronicle coverage. Again points out the problems in a vaguely collected movement with no leadership:

Ronald "Rasta" Jones abandoned his tent this morning before the police arrived. "We're going to make the job easy for them. I can't go to jail," Jones said.

He added, however, that "if they take over the camp, we're going to reoccupy. Our objective is for them to keep spending money. We are not going to stop."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/14/BAD91LUQMM.DTL&ao=2#ixzz1dirYjpbl

So the solution to the problem of corporate greed is to incur millions of dollars in costs for a struggling Oakland city government? Once again, the underpants gnomes reign supreme over this bunch of idiots.

Mid last week, the University of California decisively prevented a camp from forming at all, no doubt remembering the Oak tree debacle. As is stands, one of the tree sitters from that fight is still in a tree in Oakland - the great joke Zachary Running Wolf.

Assaults on Cops=Lots of dead protestors...

no doubt - we'll get there in a year or two. meanwhile the occupation builds up as the economy goes down. the 1% will of course try to keep hold of their wealth so expect an attempt to start a war or two to distract us...

Assaults on Cops=Lots of dead protestors...

no doubt - we'll get there in a year or two. meanwhile the occupation builds up as the economy goes down. the 1% will of course try to keep hold of their wealth so expect an attempt to start a war or two to distract us...

You really ought to write Sci-Fi novels.

i thought you were looking forward to a good bloodbath? now you're wimping out...

I didn't say I was wimping out. Just think you sound like a teenager quoting Rage Against the Machine...

the bodies will start piling up soon enough. the trigger happy police will do their bit for the revolution...

i thought you were looking forward to a good bloodbath? now you're wimping out...

I didn't say I was wimping out. Just think you sound like a teenager quoting Rage Against the Machine...

the bodies will start piling up soon enough. the trigger happy police will do their bit for the revolution...

You really need to start cutting royalty checks to Zack De La Rocha by now...

so you think that the protesters are going to quietly go home. boy, are you going to be surprised...

You're in Thailand, 5000+ miles away from anything resembling OWS... How the hell do you claim to be privy to anything resembling inside info?

Thailand (before he got there, I think) has been the scene of some pretty hard core Occupy X events. A couple years back they shut down the airport at Bangkok, did quite a number of the economy.

I've written several replies that would ban me, several replies that wouldn't. I've wasted 20min on this and realize: why am I letting some Schizo Dude in another country manipulate my emotions?? I'm getting laid and the cops watch my neighborhood. Life is good :)

Dreamdancer for president!

so you think that the protesters are going to quietly go home. boy, are you going to be surprised...

You're in Thailand, 5000+ miles away from anything resembling OWS... How the hell do you claim to be privy to anything resembling inside info?

A: twitter

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

A: twitter

Matt

I personally think he's lying when he claims to be privy to any real intelligence from the FleaBaggers.