airdvr

Goodbye Occupiers. It was fun while it lasted.

Shootings in Oakland, Portland has had enough, Vermont bans camping, Berkley arrests.

Death, rape, drug OD's. Enough already.

There have been three heroin overdoses in Canada (one of them was fatal) and now a fellow in Vermont decided to blow his brains out while attending his local "Occupy" squatting event.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/11/11/vermont-occupy-protester-dies-from-self-inflicted-gunshot

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Shootings in Oakland, Portland has had enough, Vermont bans camping, Berkley arrests.

There have been three heroin overdoses in Canada (one of them was fatal) and now a fellow in Vermont decided to blow his brains out while attending his local "Occupy" squatting event.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/11/11/vermont-occupy-protester-dies-from-self-inflicted-gunshot

Oh come on.. I thought you would revel in that... you being a" only the strongest ( read that as conservatives) deserve to survive" kinda guy

the occupation has only just begun :)

Unfortunately you're probably right.

Fortunately there will be more hardship and death among them.

It's an odd trade off but I enjoy watching these idiots suffer.

like looking in a mirror...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

as idiotic and naive as many of these protesters can sound, there are a few points they (well, the ones that aren't out there to look cool) have right that are hard to disagree with.

-- corporations are not people, they shouldn't be treated like they are
-- lobbyists shouldn't be writing legislation and handing it to congresscritters
-- donations from non-voters (corporations) can really only serve to create influence and shouldn't be allowed.

I don't agree with much of what they say. Many of them are lazy, self-entitled whiners. Many are trust-funders who are close to being the 1% they complain about. BUT, I'm glad they're out there speaking their minds.

The only way we keep our rights is by exercising them. Watching first amendment rights being limited will only highlight how important they are.
--
Rob

SHAVIES: I’m a police officer. I’m part of the 99 percent. [...] In the ’60s when people would protest, would gather in order to bring about change, right? Those protests were nonviolent they were peaceful assemblies. They were broken up with dogs, hoses, sticks. [...] It looks like there was a square, and police shot tear gas. That could be the photograph or the video for our generation. That’s our Birmingham. So, twenty years from now this movement could be the turning point, the tipping point, right. It’s about time your generation stood up for something. It’s about time young people are in the streets. [...] Ya’ll don’t need to throw gas canisters into a group of people occupying an intersection.

Watch it:

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/729686/man_outed_as_undercover_cop_at_occupy_oakland_condemns_police_brutality%2C_supports_the_movement/#paragraph3

I thought you would revel in that

Wherever did you get the idea that I enjoyed when people died? You really need to stop thinking in black and white stereotypes. However don't you see the stupidity at least as far as the heroin overdoses are concerned? :S

Other people died while skydiving, while having sex, and even while on the toilet.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Other people died while skydiving, while having sex, and even while on the toilet.

Blues,
Dave

I will remember this line in the next gun bad thread
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wherever did you get the idea that I enjoyed when people died? You really need to stop thinking in black and white stereotypes. However don't you see the stupidity at least as far as the heroin overdoses are concerned? :S

Go back and reread your posts conserning them I think you have referred to them with several of pet names like zombies..etc.... yeah.. that is right where I got that idea from.. Your compassion for your fellow countrymen who do not march to your rather limiting drum... is there in black and white unfortunately.

Go back and reread your posts conserning them I think you have referred to them with several of pet names like zombies..etc.... yeah.. that is right where I got that idea from.. Your compassion for your fellow countrymen who do not march to your rather limiting drum... is there in black and white unfortunately.

So's yours...like wishing someone in rushmc's family would get cancer, for example.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good grief ... when people died skydiving, were they protesting and demanding radical changes to how society operated? Got any more apples-and-oranges analogies you want to bring to the table? Just be warned that orange you brought to the table wasn't actually an orange. It was a rather sour lemon. Maybe we should make some lemonade with it. Wait a second we are here with a bunch of whiner "Occupiers" (some of whom have track marks on their arms). The concept of making lemonade with their lemons is foreign to them. :P

Heroin addicts are zombies. But just because they are zombies does not mean I want to see them die.

You just can't help yourself can you. Your partisan bullshit just continues to tick in that hateful head of yours 24 hours a day doesn't it. You don't know jack about me, you don't know jack about my background and you don't know jack about why I view heroin addicts as zombies. But that doesn't stop you from spewing your partisan bullshit. :P

On Friday, fellow former service members plan to march in Oakland to denounce police brutality that they say was the cause of Sabeghi's ruptured spleen and the injury suffered by another Iraq War veteran and Occupy Oakland protester, Scott Olsen, who witnesseses said was hit by a police projectile on Oct. 25.

"No one should be treated like that whether they're a veteran or not," said Michael Thurman, who helped spearhead Friday's march, which leaves from Frank Ogawa Plaza at 4 p.m.

The veterans' injuries and their engagement with the Occupy movement have an infamous precedent that resonates with events continuing to unfold in the center of downtown Oakland.

In May 1932, about 15,000 veterans, many unemployed and destitute, descended on Washington, D.C. They demanded immediate payment of future bonuses promised them by the government. Many of the men, as well as their wives and children, set up camps around the Capitol when President Herbert Hoover refused their demands. The occupation ended in bloodshed after police descended on the Bonus Army, as they came to be called. Cavalry and tanks sent in to rout the camp were followed by soldiers with bayonets who hurled tear gas at the men and their families. The camp was left in flames, and thousands were wounded.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/11/11-0

Good grief ... when people died skydiving, were they protesting and demanding radical changes to how society operated? Got any more apples-and-oranges analogies you want to bring to the table? Just be warned that orange you brought to the table wasn't actually an orange. It was a rather sour lemon. Maybe we should make some lemonade with it. Wait a second we are here with a bunch of whiner "Occupiers" (some of whom have track marks on their arms). The concept of making lemonade with their lemons is foreign to them. :P

My point was that people die every day, doing all manner of things. The person who dies at the site of a protest is no more or less significant than the person who dies at a family gathering, or on the way to work. They were doing whatever they do, and they died...it doesn't make the activity responsible for the death.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

a fellow in Vermont decided to blow his brains out while attending his local "Occupy" squatting event

I read about this. A 35 year old veteran killed himself in a tent. The article I read stated:

In a statement issued late Thursday, Occupy Burlington said, "We mourn the loss of a great friend tonight, while discovering an ever-deeper resolve to stand with our most vulnerable citizens."
Protesters at the Occupy encampment say the man was a victim of inadequate mental health services being offered to veterans.
"This person has clearly needed more help than we were capable of giving him here at this park," said Emily Reynolds, a University of Vermont student and a leader in the local Occupy movement.
If government provided better mental health services, she said, "this probably wouldn't have happened."

I note that these four sentences show several things that are wrong with the OWS movement and with society in general.

First, “stand with our most vulnerable citizens.” Yeah – that’s why the OWS movement has been kicking out homeless people. A nice try but…

Second “victim of inadequate mental health services.” Maybe. There are several issues with adequacy. No. 1 – veterans get care if they qualify. No. 2 – if they don’t, they have access to things like the Vermont Department of Mental Health. Here’s the phone number: (802) 488-6400. The services ARE available. There was choice involved to not use them.

Third, “needed more help than we were capable of giving him here.” Uh – yeah. What the fuck is ANYBODY doing trying to help him out in a goddamned park. It took me thirty seconds to get the number for the Chittenden County mental health line and not a SINGLE ONE of the fellow occupiers thought to themselves, “Maybe this guy needs help.” But no. They DIDN’T help this guy. They decided to take on treating him and were WAY the hell out of their leagues. Note – THIS veteran is the face of mental illness. Taking himself out while others just don’t do what is necessary.

Well done, Occupy Burlington. An excellent job of looking out for the most vulnerable.

Fourth: “If government provided better mental health services.” Actually, you don’t KNOW whether government provides better mental health services because you all decided to do it yourself instead of USING the government mental health services. The services are THERE and the vet did not use them and you all did not help him. Not one bit.

This isn’t blame on the government. If there’s a finger to point how about thumbs pointing back at you ? No, I do NOT think it is their responsibility to help him. But to blame the government for a guy killing himself when he “clearly needed more help than we were capable of giving him here at this park” is reprehensible.

Fifth – here’s a guy that they are saying had mental health problems. This guy had a gun. Did anybody know about this gun? I can’t imagine it being that easy to hide the fact that he was packing heat. Did anybody say, “Um. This guy’s mentally ill and he has a gun. Maybe we should get the police out here.” Or did they decide to simply handle this “internally?”

My wife is hotter than your wife.

-- lobbyists shouldn't be writing legislation and handing it to congresscritters
-- donations from non-voters (corporations) can really only serve to create influence and shouldn't be allowed.

Sounds like they should be occupying DC, not Wall St.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Okay. So are you saying that they shouldn't be taxed like people? How about being charged with criminal acts like people? How about suing a corporation - let's leave corporations free from suit.

I call bullshit. You and the OWS protesters want them treated like people in some respects but not in other respects. This is the hypocrisy.

lobbyists shouldn't be writing legislation and handing it to congresscritters

Yeah. Congress should be writing the legislation. Why are people blaming lobbyists for doing a job instead of blaming congress for not doing theirs? Isn't this the same thing as blaming the lawn for a dog shitting on it?

donations from non-voters (corporations) can really only serve to create influence and shouldn't be allowed.

Yeah. They cannot vote, so all they have is monetary influence. They AREN'T treated like people because they can't vote. It turns out that a pretty significant thing.

The only way we keep our rights is by exercising them.

No. The only way we keep our rights is by ensuring that others keep theirs. By eliminating rights for one, it affects the rights of all of us.

My wife is hotter than your wife.