quade

Goodbye Mr. Cain. It was fun while it lasted.

A person doesn't have to sit in the Oval Office to be highly influential.

No arguments here ...

Corporations, Unions, Hollywood and the mainstream media are all examples of entities with huge influence in US politics. You will never stop the media from their influence, but it would be interesting to see if someone would ever try to reduce the influence Corporations and the Unions have on US politics. Up here in Canada (where we are pretty dysfunctional ourselves), we have eliminated the money Corporations and Unions can spend towards our federal politics. In Canada only individuals are allowed to contribute money to the Federal parties and that is capped at $1200 per year per person.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thanks for stopping by Herman but Hollywood and the mainstream media do not like self made successful people like yourself.

Nonsense. Steve Jobs wasn't exactly hated.

Ohhhhhh.... I don't know about that.. I think you can find a significant number of Apple employees past and present who would disagree vehemently with that.... as soon as the adulation phase of mourning such a "great man" ends.. and the real stories start to come out. There are more than just a few families of people who could not live up to Jobs expectations... who wished their loved ones were still alive.

Who exactly, according to you, IS acceptable as an inabitant of this planet?

Oh I don't know...people with ethics and who do not profit from the suffering of others gleefully would be a good start, oh and a desire for a better planet for their fellow human beings would be an even better start.

A person doesn't have to sit in the Oval Office to be highly influential.

No arguments here ...

Corporations, Unions, Hollywood and the mainstream media are all examples of entities with huge influence in US politics. You will never stop the media from their influence, but it would be interesting to see if someone would ever try to reduce the influence Corporations and the Unions have on US politics. Up here in Canada (where we are pretty dysfunctional ourselves), we have eliminated the money Corporations and Unions can spend towards our federal politics. In Canada only individuals are allowed to contribute money to the Federal parties and that is capped at $1200 per year per person.

I think that is the right direction.. but if that was the case here.. no one would ever have heard of Hermain Cain.. since the bulk of his campaign financing is coming from just a couple people who have bought and paid for his "candidacy"

Oh I don't know...people with ethics and who do not profit from the suffering of others gleefully would be a good start, oh and a desire for a better planet for their fellow human beings would be an even better start.

Unfortunately, that pretty much leaves out most of the people in the US. Almost everybody in the US does or enjoys something which takes advantage of somebody else somewhere on the planet.

I'm not saying that's an excuse for anything, but you have to realize it's true.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Unfortunately, that pretty much leaves out most of the people in the US. Almost everybody in the US does or enjoys something which takes advantage of somebody else somewhere on the planet.

I'm not saying that's an excuse for anything, but you have to realize it's true.

There are levels of depravity Paul.. that some here in SC wallow in that never ceases to amaze even me... and I have seen a lot. I hope those people get to a point where they need help.... and get the same level of kindness they are showing all of us here that they completely and utterly lack.

>Just because a liberal paper wants to see him gone doesn't mean he is toast quite yet.

No, but given that conservatives want to see him gone too, he's just about done. Jon Huntsman is the latest conservative to attack him for not releasing any information about his sexual harassment lawsuits.

>Some advise I would think about giving Herman Cain would be let the women come
>out from their confidentiality agreements so the story could be told . . . .

Agreed. That would at least put some of the questions to rest.

Thanks for stopping by Herman but Hollywood and the mainstream media do not like self made successful people like yourself.

uh, maybe you don't see it where you are, but Steve Jobs was and remains one of the most hated people in the technology world, most notably for the hypocrisy of stealing ideas left and right, yet suing its competitors for obvious design. And then there's the making decisions for people (no flash, no batteries, no USB or SD slots, etc).

Brilliant vision, but total asshole.

OTOH, I'd really, really like to know the whole story. I'm perfectly willing to believe that a settlement doesn't mean that there's guilt involved -- settlements can also happen because it's cheaper than going to court, regardless.

Cain is in a no win here. Absolutely no win. This is why it’s so dirty. I have almost no doubt that there’s a secrecy provision involved in the settlement. Hence, while there would be no admission of fault or anything of that sort, the identities of those involved, etc., and the deals reached, factual recitals, etc., would be kept private.

If Cain opens his mouth and talks, he’s in violation of the settlement and that could cause big problems. On this basis, some scumbag lawyer can hide out and launch grenades that he knows cannot be responded to in substance. He keeps the identity of the accuser secret, puts out just enough to be in compliance with the agreement but let imaginations run wild, and laughs at the free publicity.

Cain may very well be a predator. Cain may very well be innocent. But regardless, right now he is fundamentally stripped of any ability to defend himself. Welcome to politics, Mr. Cain. The court of public opinion and the court of law are really separate things.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ohhhhhh.... I don't know about that.. I think you can find a significant number of Apple employees past and present who would disagree vehemently with that.... as soon as the adulation phase of mourning such a "great man" ends.. and the real stories start to come out. There are more than just a few families of people who could not live up to Jobs expectations... who wished their loved ones were still alive.

Who exactly, according to you, IS acceptable as an inabitant of this planet?

YOU are gonna be the Arbiter as to who fits that definition?!? Riiiight...

Let me know how that works out...

You want to spread around the misery... Cannot stand anyone else's success, can you?

YOU are gonna be the Arbiter as to who fits that definition?!? Riiiight...

Let me know how that works out...

You want to spread around the misery... Cannot stand anyone else's success, can you?

Hey I know some people slept thru their ethics classes....

Personally.. I would prefer to spread around the learning and skills for more people to succeed... I do it all the time... and its working out REALLLLLY well for me:D:D:D

I am always elated when someone I have trained... manages to prosper.

It seems it's YOU who can't stand anyone else to prosper:|:|

So.. no need to project all of your own issues.. off onto others

Gloria Allred is now involved.

Welcome to the circus...

Circus indeed counselor... I would think you would wish Gloria well.. being a fellow......:ph34r::ph34r:

Remember the sexual harassment allegations against Ahrnold during his run for the gubernator?

Now we know the REST of the story of what Arnold is really like and those allegations against him .... how you likin things now :D:D:D

The rePUBIClowns here were frothing at the mouth in denial regarding those charges against Arnold at the time.

Seems to be the same story all over again.

You just can't make this shit up.. the Party of Family Values.. strikes yet again

Welcome to the circus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6z0nz03JI

Help me out here . . . which President was that written in response to? Hmmm, some Dick no doubt.

At this point i'm no longer party preferential...i'll take a ride with pretty much ANYBODY that goin' in the right direction! ;):)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You just can't make this shit up.. the Party of Family Values.. strikes yet again

Lemme get that stain for ya...such a nice 'blew' dress.:ph34r:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/herman-cain-sexual-harassment-accuser-sharon-bialek-breaks-silence-gloria-allred-press-conference-article-1.973669

I guess you think that sort of "interview" is acceptable huh???

After reading the article... if the sleaze bag tried that with me.. he would have been in need of some quality time in a hospital

Welcome to the circus...

Help me out here . . . which President was that written in response to? Hmmm, some Dick no doubt.

At this point i'm no longer party preferential...i'll take a ride with pretty much ANYBODY that goin' in the right direction! ;):)

Just don't confuse right with correct.;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You biggotry is getting the best of you

I'm not the bigot - i am actually suggesting that there are enough of them in the right wing that Cain would not get elected.

raising funds is great, but that does not make an election - it just helps. Bachmann was on top of that heap for a while, but no more right?

And yes it is less and less as generations pass, but somewhere out there right now is some guy sitting on his couch, polishing his rifle, mumbling to himself (about Obama), "I'm gonna be the one...."

And I am suggesting that when it comes down to it, i doubt the right is ready for Black Pres. I still hear 'nigger' almost every day in Florida.

just sayin'. Maybe the 'lynching' of Cain is also being fed by some of those people.

Of course I wish Gloria well. She’s an attorney and she’s from my alma mater, and she’s representin’!

I do remember recommending a suicide watch for Super Glo in the Scott Peterson trial when the Judge placed the gag order. She’s actually not a royal bitch in person. At least she was warm and nice to me. She is the sort of person that would give you the red dress off her back. Mind you, not without cameras covering the transaction.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Lemme get that stain for ya...such a nice 'blew' dress.:ph34r:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/herman-cain-sexual-harassment-accuser-sharon-bialek-breaks-silence-gloria-allred-press-conference-article-1.973669

I guess you think that sort of "interview" is acceptable huh???

After reading the article... if the sleaze bag tried that with me.. he would have been in need of some quality time in a hospital

Slow down thar Nellie...:D...you 'guessed' wrong, I'd guess!

Where and when did I say anything about being alright with any kind of interview?

I was merely pointing out there are sleazebags in both parties, some make to President before being outed, some don't.

Welcome to the circus...

Just don't confuse right with correct.;)

:D:D:D ~Point taken!

Yes. There are still racists in both parties, and there tend to be more in republican circles

This would only be true if there were not blacks that are racist against whites.

bud didn't you know? black on white racism isn't racism... It's deserved for generations of judgement based only on the color of one's skin... oh wait... my bad.
--
Rob