CanuckInUSA

Fatality at Occupy Vancouver event

However, Lauren Gill, an organizer at the camp, said that was apparently the case. She said the death highlights the need for more addiction services because drugs are such a big issue in the city.

What planet is this lady from? We need to provide a service to assist consenting adults in NOT doing a completely VOLUNTARY act?

Fuck me sideways, how far from the natural order of things can we push before the rubber band breaks?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

However, Lauren Gill, an organizer at the camp, said that was apparently the case. She said the death highlights the need for more addiction services because drugs are such a big issue in the city.

No, we need a big wood chipper to put thru the corpses of these useless drains on society.

The Lower East Side of Vancouver is a pretty fucked up place. It is where the real world "Dawn of the Dead" zombies congregate to do their drugs. But this deceased girl was not from the Lower East Side. Turns out she came over on the ferry from Victoria BC to join in at the local "Occupy" protest. To my knowledge no official word has been given as to the cause of her death, but people are certain it was an drug overdose. Here is a picture of her taken from her facebook page. Hardly the picture of one of the Lower East Side zombies. News at eleven. :|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Lower East Side of Vancouver is a pretty fucked up place. It is where the real world "Dawn of the Dead" zombies congregate to do their drugs. But this deceased girl was not from the Lower East Side. Turns out she came over on the ferry from Victoria BC to join in at the local "Occupy" protest. To my knowledge no official word has been given as to the cause of her death, but people are certain it was an drug overdose. Here is a picture of her taken from her facebook page. Hardly the picture of one of the Lower East Side zombies. News at eleven. :|

Somehow I think the world is not going to suffer any great losses for want of a useless druggie. There are plenty more where she came from...

Don't get me confused here as a supporter. She did this to herself (assuming of course that the autopsy confirms that she did indeed die from a drug overdose) and yes there are thousands more ready to follow in her footsteps.

Don't get me confused here as a supporter. She did this to herself (assuming of course that the autopsy confirms that she did indeed die from a drug overdose) and yes there are thousands more ready to follow in her footsteps.

I'm just glad she was Canadian, as she didn't pose a burden on American resources, even moreso had she survived until the next overdose, which she'd expect the public to subsidize. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'm just glad she was Canadian, as she didn't pose a burden on American resources, even moreso had she survived until the next overdose, which she'd expect the public to subsidize. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Have you ever had someone you love die of an overdose?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Have you ever had someone you love die of an overdose?

Yes. She was a loser. That I loved her does not change that fact.

I would hope that she was smart enough to remove said piercings before a job interview...

In your private life, do whatever the hell you want, but when it comes to work, your employer has every right to demand that you look professional, and society has determined that body modifications, especially facial modifications are not professional.

I would hope that she was smart enough to remove said piercings before a job interview...

In your private life, do whatever the hell you want, but when it comes to work, your employer has every right to demand that you look professional, and society has determined that body modifications, especially facial modifications are not professional.

So... your both saying that American... or Canadian freedom of expression and individualism is just lip service paid in homilies in support of your masters wants and desires.... got it.

Really, I suggest you go re-read the Constitution.

Hell, I'll quote the relevant part for you here.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I even bolded the important bit for you, and I'll put it here again in caps "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW..."

Is that clear enough for you? [B]CONGRESS[/B] shall make no law forbidding the freedom of expression. As an employee you represent your employer, and he or she has the right to determine (to an extent, protected classes are excluded) what image they want to present to the public.

For some reason, correct or otherwise, society has deemed that those who have extensive body modifications, especially modifications of the public areas of the body such as the face, neck, and hands, are "different" and some may even be afraid of them. Whether or not these concerns or fears are based on fact is not relevant to the situation, the fact remains that an employer can certainly deny you employment because you have a tattoo on your neck, or a lip ring that you cannot or will not remove.

The Constitution in general, and the Bill of Rights in particular, governs what conduct the government may or may not regulate, it does not concern itself with private matters.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I even bolded the important bit for you, and I'll put it here again in caps "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW..."

Is that clear enough for you? [B]CONGRESS[/B] shall make no law forbidding the freedom of expression. As an employee you represent your employer, and he or she has the right to determine (to an extent, protected classes are excluded) what image they want to present to the public.

For some reason, correct or otherwise, society has deemed that those who have extensive body modifications, especially modifications of the public areas of the body such as the face, neck, and hands, are "different" and some may even be afraid of them. Whether or not these concerns or fears are based on fact is not relevant to the situation, the fact remains that an employer can certainly deny you employment because you have a tattoo on your neck, or a lip ring that you cannot or will not remove.

The Constitution in general, and the Bill of Rights in particular, governs what conduct the government may or may not regulate, it does not concern itself with private matters.

So as I said.. lets quit pretending that American individualism.. is anything more than a farce.. MMMkkk

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... now be a good little herd animal and run along... scared of the big bad wolves of your masters of corporate America pulling those wittle strings.

I would hope that she was smart enough to remove said piercings before a job interview.

She no longer needs to worry about those pesky job interviews after she decided to inject heroin (or whatever fish paralyzer it was) into her blood stream which caused her heart to stop. :o

I would hope that she was smart enough to remove said piercings before a job interview.

She no longer needs to worry about those pesky job interviews after she decided to inject heroin (or whatever fish paralyzer it was) into her blood stream which caused her heart to stop. :o

Note I used the past tense. :P

>I am guessing it is that going through life like you face-planted into a
>fisherman's tackle box is not a way to impress at a job interview.

Depends. If you want to be an accountant? Probably not. If you want to work for Starbuck's in Portland? It probably helps. If you want to be a freeflying coach? It's pretty much a requirement.

Man lots of people are really ripping this girl a new one. Fact is, nobody knows her, or what exactly happened. She could have been completely functional in society, so saying she is useless is your own opinion.
She may have OD'd on methadone, trying to get off of other stuff. You just don't know. So how about showing just a little bit of respect, huh?

Even zombies don't go around with three fishhooks stuck in their face.

John, besides intolerance. What's your point?

Here we go

The PC card has now been thrown[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Man lots of people are really ripping this girl a new one. Fact is, nobody knows her, or what exactly happened. She could have been completely functional in society, so saying she is useless is your own opinion.
She may have OD'd on methadone, trying to get off of other stuff. You just don't know. So how about showing just a little bit of respect, huh?

No. In this case, respect is to be earned. Your intro to me is "I'm dead due to drug overdose," you start off with no respect, and have to earn it from there.

So as I said.. lets quit pretending that American individualism.. is anything more than a farce.. MMMkkk

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... now be a good little herd animal and run along... scared of the big bad wolves of your masters of corporate America pulling those wittle strings.

If I'm a business owner, and you, my employee, want to have so many holes in your head you whistle twelve different notes in freefall, that's fine. You want to work for me, you will look as professional as I direct you to. "Express yourself" on your time. So take that crap out of your face or find another job.

And stow the faux East German accent. You don't actually know what fascism is, nor will you ever. Be glad for that fact.

Your posts lately sound like a first-semester, trust-funded College freshman who has outsourced his thinking to a Professor who has never really worked in the real world.