dreamdancer

Another Veteran Badly Hurt by Oakland Police/Thugs

I had a teacher in high school who was there.
You were not.
I have undiluted first hand accounts of what happened.
You have media-fed propaganda.
NG should NOT have been called in. It only enraged the crowd.
Most students milling around were NOT involved.
The protesters were ordered to disperse. A LAWFUL ORDER to disperse. They chose not to. They had made the decision earlier in the day that they were going to make something happen, good or bad.
Some chose to throw rocks. (How the fuck anybody stupid enough to throw a rock at a man with a gun ever got into college is beyond me.)
The rest is, as they say, history. A relatively small, very vocal group refused to comply with a LAWFUL ORDER and directly led to the deaths of 4 people, a couple of them innocent bystanders.
The protesters got exactly what they wanted...violence. Yet people like you try to portray them as victims of "the man". Guess what, honey. You poke a bear in the ribs and you'll most likely get bit. These stupid punks didn't think the bear would bite.

Like I said before, freedom is not absolute. There are always limits.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

The guy in the video was not shot, he was struck by a less lethal projectile. Unless the officer intentionally aimed at the person's head or neck, it is not considered deadly force.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=killed+with+less+lethal+projectile

RIIIIIIGHT.. how many deaths have occured by "officers" shooting people with LESS LETHAL projectiles...less only means less... not safe... not non lethal... LESS.

You really do believe that shit don't cha... I saw absolutely NO reason for that officer to discharge his weapon... other than " giving the dirty hippie protester... a lesson"

I really do hope your protectors get a chance to teach ALL of you a lesson some day.. when they are a bit more out of control than they already are in our police state.:S:S:S

I had a teacher in high school who was there.
You were not.
I have undiluted first hand accounts of what happened.
You have media-fed propaganda.
NG should NOT have been called in. It only enraged the crowd.
Most students milling around were NOT involved.
The protesters were ordered to disperse. A LAWFUL ORDER to disperse. They chose not to. They had made the decision earlier in the day that they were going to make something happen, good or bad.
Some chose to throw rocks. (How the fuck anybody stupid enough to throw a rock at a man with a gun ever got into college is beyond me.)
The rest is, as they say, history. A relatively small, very vocal group refused to comply with a LAWFUL ORDER and directly led to the deaths of 4 people, a couple of them innocent bystanders.
The protesters got exactly what they wanted...violence. Yet people like you try to portray them as victims of "the man". Guess what, honey. You poke a bear in the ribs and you'll most likely get bit. These stupid punks didn't think the bear would bite.

Like I said before, freedom is not absolute. There are always limits.

There you go again... ASSuming you know.... as a matter of fact.. I know two very good friends that graduated from Kent State... and were there that day and witnessed the carnage up close and personal.

So.. you think a LAWFUL ORDER TO DISPERSE.. is a death sentence for unarmed people.. Sorry but that is severly FUCKED UP.

But it does not surprise me in the least... that there are those here in SC that think the death penalty for protesting is justified... JUDGED by a cop.. or a soldier..and executed for havine the audacity NOT COMPLYING quickly enough to fit your all to narrow world view.

No, i do not think an order to disperse is a death sentence. It is fucked up to even think somebody would agree with that. :S
You, like your hippie friends, think it is ok to do whatever you want without regard to what affect it has on anybody else.
the protesters at KS, just like in Occupy, are a very small minority. Their whole intent is to disrupt everybody elses day until they get what they want. Difference is, these pubks don't know what the hell they want.
Protesting is fine. It is NEEDED. But when everybody else says "enough!" it is time to wrap it up and go home. Those idiots at Kent didn't learn that.
I'll bet your hippie friends didn't tell you about the protesters plans to cause a violent confrontation any way they could, did they? of course not. It makes the punks at Kent look bad.

HAMMER:

RIIIIIIGHT.. how many deaths have occured by "officers" shooting people with LESS LETHAL projectiles...less only means less... not safe... not non lethal... LESS.

You really do believe that shit don't cha... I saw absolutely NO reason for that officer to discharge his weapon... other than " giving the dirty hippie protester... a lesson"

I really do hope your protectors get a chance to teach ALL of you a lesson some day.. when they are a bit more out of control than they already are in our police state.:S:S:S

I'm sorry, I missed where I ever stated that less lethal weapons were incapable of causing death. I merely stated the FACT that the use of a less lethal weapon, when said weapon is used properly, is not considered lethal force.

Without seeing the entire, unedited video, and preferably video from other sources you simply cannot know exactly what the situation was. For all we know the cameraman had a grenade in his other hand...

I'll say it again, my guess is that the police had already issued a lawful order to disperse, some people (including the cameraman) decided that they did not want to disperse, so such force as required was used to encourage them to disperse. It appears it worked by the people moving quite quickly.

No, i do not think an order to disperse is a death sentence. It is fucked up to even think somebody would agree with that. :S
You, like your hippie friends, think it is ok to do whatever you want without regard to what affect it has on anybody else.
the protesters at KS, just like in Occupy, are a very small minority. Their whole intent is to disrupt everybody elses day until they get what they want. Difference is, these pubks don't know what the hell they want.
Protesting is fine. It is NEEDED. But when everybody else says "enough!" it is time to wrap it up and go home. Those idiots at Kent didn't learn that.
I'll bet your hippie friends didn't tell you about the protesters plans to cause a violent confrontation any way they could, did they? of course not. It makes the punks at Kent look bad.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... so just paying lip service to that whole Constitution yet again.... you and yours are good at it... but that is all it is...

America.. Land of the free???????

Freedom.. I would think would include not getting shot because some bully wanted to teach you a lesson.

I'm sorry, I missed where I ever stated that less lethal weapons were incapable of causing death. I merely stated the FACT that the use of a less lethal weapon, when said weapon is used properly, is not considered lethal force.

Without seeing the entire, unedited video, and preferably video from other sources you simply cannot know exactly what the situation was. For all we know the cameraman had a grenade in his other hand...

I'll say it again, my guess is that the police had already issued a lawful order to disperse, some people (including the cameraman) decided that they did not want to disperse, so such force as required was used to encourage them to disperse. It appears it worked by the people moving quite quickly.

OK.. that is the lamest thing I have ever fucking heard here on SC.. and Mike and Belgian can come up with some real doozies:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

OK.. that is the lamest thing I have ever fucking heard here on SC.. and Mike and Belgian can come up with some real doozies:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

It's lame to acknowledge the fact that, based solely on the video you provided, we cannot know the exact situation?

Surely you realize my statement about the grenade was sarcastic? Perhaps, then, we should change grenade to rock, baseball bat, broken bottle, or maybe the police couldn't recognize his camera for what it was in the darkness.

In the context of this video, yes it is hard to believe that he had a grenade. However, if one were to take a similar situation in say, Syria, Isreal, Yemen, Chechnya, Serbia, or any other place that is currently experiencing extreme unrest, would it still be so hard to believe?

It's lame to acknowledge the fact that, based solely on the video you provided, we cannot know the exact situation?

Surely you realize my statement about the grenade was sarcastic? Perhaps, then, we should change grenade to rock, baseball bat, broken bottle, or maybe the police couldn't recognize his camera for what it was in the darkness.

In the context of this video, yes it is hard to believe that he had a grenade. However, if one were to take a similar situation in say, Syria, Isreal, Yemen, Chechnya, Serbia, or any other place that is currently experiencing extreme unrest, would it still be so hard to believe?

Face it man... some people get off on the power...this is America... not the third world shitholes you seem to want to turn this country into.

It does seem that some of our police learned some bad behavior in our latest excellent adventures into the sand box... just like some of my generation learned some bad lessons in the Nam.. and did crap like this all of thier professional LEO careers.[:/]

Face it man... some people get off on the power...this is America... not the third world shitholes you seem to want to turn this country into.

It does seem that some of our police learned some bad behavior in our latest excellent adventures into the sand box... just like some of my generation learned some bad lessons in the Nam.. and did crap like this all of thier professional LEO careers.[:/]

Is there any behavior in your world that justifies an arrest that uses anything more than harsh language?

A Police Officer risks DEATH daily. His guard, dropped even momentarily, could KILL him.

Yet apparently they all should walk around like pussies so you don't get your feeeewingz hurt...:S

What color is the sky in YOUR world?

Please show me where I have denied this.

You won't be able to, because numerous times in this thread I have said that it certainly does happen, but it is the exception to the rule.

I bring up the other situations because, unlike you, I make an effort to see how anyone I run into throughout my day could cause me harm, not because I believe that any particular individual wishes to do so, but because I accept the fact that there are people who want to cause me harm.

If I did not have this world view it is very likely we would not be having this conversation, as I would likely have been killed or seriously wounded about 14 months ago.

Ok we get it... you give them a pass to do what every they want... I get it.. I really do... until it catches up with YOU.. Apologize away for all the bad actions...Things like that have changed this country to somethign I no longer recognize.

I bet some people are still alive that recognize it from the 1930's though.

Please show me where I have denied this.

You won't be able to, because numerous times in this thread I have said that it certainly does happen, but it is the exception to the rule.

I bring up the other situations because, unlike you, I make an effort to see how anyone I run into throughout my day could cause me harm, not because I believe that any particular individual wishes to do so, but because I accept the fact that there are people who want to cause me harm.

If I did not have this world view it is very likely we would not be having this conversation, as I would likely have been killed or seriously wounded about 14 months ago.

Yeah.. you gotta watch out for those deadly unarmed cameramen:S:S:S

Regardless of whether or not he was unarmed, the force used by the police officer was most likely justified.

Since you bring this up again though, prove to me he is unarmed.

Assuming someone does not wish to or cannot do you harm is a good way to die. I have first-hand experience with this. In September 2010 I was the victim of an attempted robbery. Had I not been paying as close attention to my surroundings, I may have received far more than the minor cut to my forearm.

Regardless of whether or not he was unarmed, the force used by the police officer was most likely justified.

Since you bring this up again though, prove to me he is unarmed.

Assuming someone does not wish to or cannot do you harm is a good way to die. I have first-hand experience with this. In September 2010 I was the victim of an attempted robbery. Had I not been paying as close attention to my surroundings, I may have received far more than the minor cut to my forearm.

Can't.. and you would STILL give the officer the pass no matter what.

Perhaps you need to get a concealed permit there bubba.. you seem mighty afeared.... and those you THINK will protect you... are not really doing that.. in case you havent noticed.

Can't.. and you would STILL give the officer the pass no matter what.

Perhaps you need to get a concealed permit there bubba.. you seem mighty afeared.... and those you THINK will protect you... are not really doing that.. in case you havent noticed.

The reason I would give the officer the pass in this instance is because the force that he used is appropriate in the context of compelling people to comply with a lawful order.

And yes, I really would like a CCW, sadly I live in NJ where the government thinks guns are evil and doesn't issue CCW unless you have a really really good reason. This is part of the reason that as soon as I graduate and get a job in my field, I am leaving NJ (the other part is we pay out the ass for taxes to a corrupt government, but that is an entirely different topic).

And I do not want a CCW because I am "afeerd." I want a CCW because I accept the fact that there are people in this world that wish to do me harm, and I would like the tools necessary to prevent them from doing so.

No, i do not think an order to disperse is a death sentence. It is fucked up to even think somebody would agree with that.

apart from day after day, time after time - you do agree with that. you even have a laugh about it...

(you are such a good - look the other way - citizen)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

A Police Officer risks DEATH daily. His guard, dropped even momentarily, could KILL him.

they choose their jobs - they get paid well and even then they've got to whine about how tough it is. what a bunch of pussies. perhaps they should try skydiving - make real men of them...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Tsk Tsk Tsk... so just paying lip service to that whole Constitution yet again.... you and yours are good at it... but that is all it is...

America.. Land of the free???????

Freedom.. I would think would include not getting shot because some bully wanted to teach you a lesson.

The Constitution gives us no warranty against injury because of stupidity.
I believe you have misinterpreted the document in more ways than one. :S
HAMMER:

And I do not want a CCW because I am "afeerd." I want a CCW because I accept the fact that there are people in this world that wish to do me harm, and I would like the tools necessary to prevent them from doing so.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a CCW. One day a friend asked me what I was afraid of..........I said "Not a single thing!"

At a social gathering the CCW topic came up and I was asked why I carried a gun. My answer, "Because a cop is just too damn heavy". A Cop friend of mine almost bust a gut laughing at that one.

No person has the right to tell me how I may choose to protect my family, period!

And for the record, you will never know when I am carrying or not......as it should be.

Just throwing gas on the fire :-)