dreamdancer

Another Veteran Badly Hurt by Oakland Police/Thugs

Your views are very clear. In your eyes any compliance with the law means that person is a mindless slave to society.
I suppose you don't follow any of the laws we live under?

You would have.... yet again..... supposed and assumed wrong.

The fact that you condone the behavior of bullys in the name of law and order though.. is rather telling about mindless slavery though. Making excuses for abusive police... is just enabling them to continue to victimize Americans civil liberties... you know... that pesky Constitution thing that yall like to blither on and on and on about... but only certain numbers are important to yall rather than the document as a whole.

I'm not making excuses for anyone who breaks the law whether they are a cop or not. You, on the other hand, are making excuses for every protester who breaks the law! You say they have the right to protest...and I agree, they do. But that right is not without limitations. You can not just show up and parade around wherever and whenever you want.
With rare exceptions is NOT ok for cops to beat on people. By the same token it is NOT ok to refuse to comply with lawful orders given by the police to disperse. Refusing to comply never works out in the best interest of the protesters.

YOU VILL COMPLY...... YOU VILL COMPLY

America... Land of the free, home of the brave..

Ever mouthed that tired and quite obviously out dated expression??

You comply with laws every day. So do I. In that respect we are the same. So, when you berate me for complying with the law, you also berate yourself.
But you can always set yourself apart. You can stop driving on the same side of the road as everyone else. You can ignore stop signs, one way street signs, etc. You can just walk into a store and take whatever you want without paying.
Go ahead. See what it gets you.
You VILL COMPLY!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Your views are very clear. In your eyes any compliance with the law means that person is a mindless slave to society.
I suppose you don't follow any of the laws we live under?

You would have.... yet again..... supposed and assumed wrong.

The fact that you condone the behavior of bullys in the name of law and order though.. is rather telling about mindless slavery though. Making excuses for abusive police... is just enabling them to continue to victimize Americans civil liberties... you know... that pesky Constitution thing that yall like to blither on and on and on about... but only certain numbers are important to yall rather than the document as a whole.

I'm not making excuses for anyone who breaks the law whether they are a cop or not. You, on the other hand, are making excuses for every protester who breaks the law! You say they have the right to protest...and I agree, they do. But that right is not without limitations. You can not just show up and parade around wherever and whenever you want.
With rare exceptions is NOT ok for cops to beat on people. By the same token it is NOT ok to refuse to comply with lawful orders given by the police to disperse. Refusing to comply never works out in the best interest of the protesters.

YOU VILL COMPLY...... YOU VILL COMPLY

America... Land of the free, home of the brave..

Ever mouthed that tired and quite obviously out dated expression??

You comply with laws every day. So do I. In that respect we are the same. So, when you berate me for complying with the law, you also berate yourself.
But you can always set yourself apart. You can stop driving on the same side of the road as everyone else. You can ignore stop signs, one way street signs, etc. You can just walk into a store and take whatever you want without paying.
Go ahead. See what it gets you.
You VILL COMPLY!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope you get to meet a thug in blue someday... they are out there.. on thier little power trips... and who know what it takes to set one of the bullys off.... of course if we the people demanded better of our public servants.. that might not happen..... nah that will not happen as so many like you like the idea that the "cops" can kick a little ass whenever they "need too":S:S:S

Slightly closer to anarchy than police state, but pretty damn close to the middle.

Interesting perspective.... as I said... the paranoia of our police.is palpable.

I guess serving in a police state is indeed interesting when you have all the power... yet are afraid of those you are supposed to be serving...

Do you think this leads to so many of your brother officers jumping so far over the line so often??.

Paranoia keeps police alive. Obviously not everyone (read the majority) of people do not intend to harm other people. Unfortunately you can't tell who intends to do harm and who does not before they try to hurt someone, therefore police treat every as if they are a potential threat because it increases the chance that they get to spend the night in bed with their husband/wife instead of in a hospital room or the morgue.

Not sure why you believe that serving society and being afraid of its members are not mutually exclusive. As a whole, people tend to not be violent. However, some individuals are violent, and you don't know who they are until they become violent, at which point it may be too late if you aren't prepared (read: have a plan on how to react should the situation become violent).

Not sure where I ever said I was an officer though, so I don't know where you got that.

On another note, I think you should read this. I think it gives a good idea of what the "normal" cop is and why people are afraid of them.
http://www.mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

EDIT forgot the link

Slightly closer to anarchy than police state, but pretty damn close to the middle.

Interesting perspective.... as I said... the paranoia of our police.is palpable.

I guess serving in a police state is indeed interesting when you have all the power... yet are afraid of those you are supposed to be serving...

Do you think this leads to so many of your brother officers jumping so far over the line so often??.

Paranoia keeps police alive. Obviously not everyone (read the majority) of people do not intend to harm other people. Unfortunately you can't tell who intends to do harm and who does not before they try to hurt someone, therefore police treat every as if they are a potential threat because it increases the chance that they get to spend the night in bed with their husband/wife instead of in a hospital room or the morgue.

Not sure why you believe that serving society and being afraid of its members are not mutually exclusive. As a whole, people tend to not be violent. However, some individuals are violent, and you don't know who they are until they become violent, at which point it may be too late if you aren't prepared (read: have a plan on how to react should the situation become violent).

Not sure where I ever said I was an officer though, so I don't know where you got that.

On another note, I think you should read this. I think it gives a good idea of what the "normal" cop is and why people are afraid of them.
http://www.mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

EDIT forgot the link

Sounds like many herein SC though are good with the wolves being in blue....

I remember when I had far more respect for those who served us... now it is less so when so many of them seem to be serving themselves more than the rest of we the people.

I remember when I had far more respect for those who served us... now it is less so when so many of them seem to be serving themselves more than the rest of we the people.

I'm sorry, but we must not be reading the same forum. I have yet to read a single post where someone said that police who abuse their authority should be protected. If I am wrong, please point them out to me, but I do not believe you will be able to do so.

I'm sorry, but we must not be reading the same forum. I have yet to read a single post where someone said that police who abuse their authority should be protected. If I am wrong, please point them out to me, but I do not believe you will be able to do so.

You are new here...

In thread after thread where police abuse is pointed out.. conservatives flock to support them with tacit approval of their actions time after time... just like they did when the police rioted in Chicago.. and other places back in the 1960's...

Different century.... same thuggery.

I will agree that I am new here, but in this and the few other threads that have been posted in the past month about police (question to AggieDave, this one, and a few others) I have yet to see anyone state that they support police who do abuse their power.

If I am wrong please show me that I am.

Oh I don't know.. but those who admire the men in blue.. to do a bit of "ass kicking" do seem to be supporting those who are abusing their power. Last I heard.. there were laws... and judges were the ones who judged people.. not officers who think someone needs an "ass kicking":S:S:S

We do have laws, and should the officers "ass kicking" as you so describe it, be determined to fall outside the level of force that the officer was justified to use in the situation, the officer's actions will certainly be judged.

Now, if you accept that the term "ass kicking" may have been used to describe actions that officers have legally taken to subdue a person who refused to comply with a lawful order, I hope we are in agreement.

I certainly do not support anyone, police or otherwise, that decides to take matters into their own hands and deliver a "ass kicking." However, the police are in the unique position of being legally allowed to use such force as necessary to effect an arrest or compel another person to obey a lawfully given order. The amount of force that a police officer uses against a citizen is entirely dependent on how much force the citizen makes the police officer use.

We do have laws, and should the officers "ass kicking" as you so describe it, be determined to fall outside the level of force that the officer was justified to use in the situation, the officer's actions will certainly be judged.

Now, if you accept that the term "ass kicking" may have been used to describe actions that officers have legally taken to subdue a person who refused to comply with a lawful order, I hope we are in agreement.

I certainly do not support anyone, police or otherwise, that decides to take matters into their own hands and deliver a "ass kicking." However, the police are in the unique position of being legally allowed to use such force as necessary to effect an arrest or compel another person to obey a lawfully given order. The amount of force that a police officer uses against a citizen is entirely dependent on how much force the citizen makes the police officer use.

Hmm it seems that hunderds of dead Americans... with quite a few caught on video.. belie that assumption:S:S

Can we please stop with the attacking of specific points out of context?

If you read my posts in this thread I have stated numerous times that police abuse certainly does happen, and that people outside of the police abuse their power, and that violence in general is a fact of our lives.

However, you seem to keep ignoring my statement that police abuse is the EXCEPTION[/B] not the rule. Yes, it happens, yes it's unfortunate, yes we should prevent it when possible. No I don't condone it, no I don't support officers who abuse their power, no I don't support officer who abuse the people.

An entirely different argument to make though is many of these cases where it appears that the officers are using unnecessary force, in reality the person did something initially that required force to be used. Video doesn't tell the whole story unless you have the complete and un-edited copy. Witnesses certainly don't tell the story, as eye witnesses are among the LEAST reliable "evidence" that can be presented.

You'll probably ignore this sentence too, but yes, police abuse does happen, officers who attack people unnecessarily should be prosecuted, but police brutality is the EXCEPTION to the rule. The vast majority of police officers do not use unnecessary force.

>and then the honest thing to do is show the whole video when you get you
>ass kicked by the police for being stupid

Also the lucrative thing to do. If you can indeed show a video of the police kicking your ass for being stupid, then you get millions, cops get fired and you become an Internet sensation.

In thread after thread where police abuse is pointed out.. conservatives flock to support them with tacit approval of their actions time after time... just like they did when the police rioted in Chicago.. and other places back in the 1960's...

You're calling Quade a conservative??

No, I will not bitch and whine. Come to me and TRY to take what is mine (that I work for) and distribute it amongst a bunch of vultures. I will kick your ass and if I am not successful I will die trying. Sorry if this comes across as a personal attack. :P

you're not even on the radar as you're not part of the 1%...

(but you do seem a bit paranoid)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I have met thugs in blue. Fortunately, they are the exception.
Thug or non-thug, a lawful order is a lawful order. It's not something that is open for debate at that moment. That's what judges are for.
HAMMER:

again...

Video of a protester getting shot by a rubber bullet from out-of-their-heads Oakland police on Nov. 3 even as the guy is filming them well back from their line and asking "Is this okay? Is this okay?" about where he's standing. Incredible.

http://www.commondreams.org/further/2011/11/07-1
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

http://www.odmp.org/

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlines/article_7219fa10-04aa-11e1-b0d0-001cc4c03286.html

He is #138 killed this year. He had a family. He is dead. He was one of the 53% who paid income taxes, unlike the lazy, self-entitled OWS leeches.

I prefer the life and safety of the "Thugs" who risk their lives for my safety any day over that of the greedy and lazy protestors who simply want life handed to them.

again...

Video of a protester getting shot by a rubber bullet from out-of-their-heads Oakland police on Nov. 3 even as the guy is filming them well back from their line and asking "Is this okay? Is this okay?" about where he's standing. Incredible.

I would really like to see the whole video...

My guess is that they were likely ordered to disperse, he wasn't dispersing, he got his answer as to "is this ok?"

again...

My guess is that they were likely ordered to disperse, he wasn't dispersing, he got his answer as to "is this ok?"

Hmm looked more like one "good" cop.... handing out a bit of his own brand of justice. I mean a guy with a camera.. is such a danger to a huge number of officers in full riot gear.

Do you ever get tired of apologizing for thugs in blue?

again...

Hmm looked more like one "good" cop.... handing out a bit of his own brand of justice. I mean a guy with a camera.. is such a danger to a huge number of officers in full riot gear.

BANG!!

"OW! OW He shot me! OW!" :D:D
That is freakin' hilarious! :D:D
God DAMN I love it when a smartassed punk gets exactly what he asks for!
"OW! OW!" :D:D

There is an awful lot of the story left out of the video. Hmmm...I wonder why? No, I don't wonder. It's pretty obvious why the whole thing wasn't posted.

"OW! OW! ":D:D That's almost as good as "Don't tase me bro!"
HAMMER:

again...

BANG!!

"OW! OW He shot me! OW!" :D:D
That is freakin' hilarious! :D:D
God DAMN I love it when a smartassed punk gets exactly what he asks for!
"OW! OW!" :D:D

There is an awful lot of the story left out of the video. Hmmm...I wonder why? No, I don't wonder. It's pretty obvious why the whole thing wasn't posted.

"OW! OW! ":D:D That's almost as good as "Don't tase me bro!"

Good stuff there... all I got to say is... you seem to be a firm supporter of the police state... with such tacit approval of thuggery in blue. So much for the rights of citizens to peacably assemble.. OOOPS.

Any other "conservatives" who support our constitution want to blither a bit about our constitutional rights???:S:S:S:S

I bet if you would have been at Kent State.. you would have been cheering on the troops that day REALLY showing those dirty hippy students some discipline for daring to show up anywhere near them.:S:S:S:S

Good stuff there... all I got to say is... you seem to be a firm supporter of the police state... with such tacit approval of thuggery in blue. So much for the rights of citizens to peacably assemble.. OOOPS.

Any other "conservatives" who support our constitution want to blither a bit about our constitutional rights???:S:S:S:S

I bet if you would have been at Kent State.. you would have been cheering on the troops that day REALLY showing those dirty hippy students some discipline for daring to show up anywhere near them.:S:S:S:S

Have you seen the entire video including what led up to this? Usually in cases where the police are deployed in full riot gear and are in formation is it no longer a "peaceful" assembly.

Kent state is an entirely different matter, National Guard troops are the wrong choice to contain or disperse riots or potential riots. However, having the pleasure to have a professor last semester who was there, the students were not entirely blameless in what happened. She recalls seeing students throwing rocks and other objects at the soldiers before the soldiers opened fire.

Have you seen the entire video including what led up to this? Usually in cases where the police are deployed in full riot gear and are in formation is it no longer a "peaceful" assembly.

Kent state is an entirely different matter, National Guard troops are the wrong choice to contain or disperse riots or potential riots. However, having the pleasure to have a professor last semester who was there, the students were not entirely blameless in what happened. She recalls seeing students throwing rocks and other objects at the soldiers before the soldiers opened fire.

I would say that these police are the wrong people too:S:S

It takes a REAL man to open fire on unarmed people[:/][:/]... and you guys sound just like those people who apologized for those people back then in the 1960's too.:S:S:S

Eventually police officers like that WILL lose the support of the American people.. when they have had enough of the actions of bullys...trouble is.. it will be ALL of their brother oficers who will reap the repercussions as well.

Just because someone doesn't have a firearm or a knife does not mean that they are "unarmed."

In almost, if not all, jurisdictions, intentionally throwing a rock at another person would be use of deadly force, and police would be justified to return deadly force.

I guess I missed where the guy in the video threw anything at the heavily armored and armed officers who shot him... excuses.. excuses..

New Millenium... same old tired uptight establishment excuses for bad actions by those who are supposed to be protecting and serving the American people.