DesertAttorney

Luxury Homes of the 99%

Wow, really? Seriously, the occupy movement simply enjoys diminishing it's credibility with just about every word a supporter of it says.

Thanks for your contribution to the effort Paul.:P

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

anybody that has a nice house as an address is part of the 1%?

Yeah.

A lot of live-in maids, nannies, grounds keepers, students and entourage are going to be surprised by that.

Live-in maids aren't protesting. They're working.

Nannies aren't protesting. They're working.

Groundskeepers aren't protesting. They're working

Entourage aren't protesting. Well, maybe because their employer is protesting.

Students. Yes, they may be out protesting because they are living with mom and dad in nice houses. They've got the resources to protest and kick out the disadvantaged.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

No it doesn't. Because the people who have the time and resources to bitch are inherently well off. Who can take an extended leave to protest? People that can afford it. So you're going to find a bunch of young white males whose parents are well off.

I have little doubt that these protestors, by and large, do not own these houses. Their parents do. I have little doubt that these protestors have never worked for much excpet their liberal arts degrees. I have little doubt that many of them could wallpaper their bedrooms with the rejections letters they've gotten from prospective employers. I have little doubt that I am stereotyping.

But seriously - who the hell canafford to sit out someplace and not leave? And bitch about the professional homeless. Only those with significant resources. And few with resources they themselves earned.

Gyess why Warren Buffet isn't occupying Omaha. Yep. He has work to do...

But seriously - who the hell can afford to sit out someplace and not leave? And bitch about the professional homeless. Only those with significant resources. And few with resources they themselves earned.

unemployed people can.

Lots of expensive stuff (iPads, Macs, Smartphones, designer clothing) for those "unemployed" folk...

A lot of rich kids slumming with a scant few bona fide poor folk. Rich kids who think it's cool to bite the hand that feeds them foie gras and beluga caviar.

These people seem to fail to realize that Apple started in a Garage, and Google and Facebook started in dorm rooms. Hilton started as a single hotel...

Stop whining about what you don't have, and go out and DO SOMETHING TO EARN IT.

you have no idea how many of these people have iPhones, macs or whatever. Name someone today that DOES NOT have a cell phone.

You have no idea how many of these people eat caviar either. Much like lawrocket - you are simply stereotyping.

And yes, there is a problem, otherwise the movement would not have actually spread to the hundred or so cities already.

Just because you are incapable of seeing the issue does not mean there is not one.

And if everyone started "Apple" in their garage, there would be no one to buy their products except themselves.

Your assumption is that all of them are not trying. I expect if you took the time to go to one of these events and ask 5 people their story, they would be more than happy to give it to you.

And I expect that you would rather stay at home and be an internet-critic.

And I expect that you would rather stay at home and be an internet-critic.

another irony meter explodes.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am actually going to one of the local events tomorrow-

EXPLOSION!!!!

Tea Party ?

You got a point

That other thing??

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am actually going to one of the local events tomorrow-

EXPLOSION!!!!

So you can protest businesses that underpay their workers and don't provide insurance?

Yup, that's a pretty big irony explosion, all right.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But seriously - who the hell can afford to sit out someplace and not leave? And bitch about the professional homeless. Only those with significant resources. And few with resources they themselves earned.

unemployed people can.

Lots of expensive stuff (iPads, Macs, Smartphones, designer clothing) for those "unemployed" folk...

A lot of rich kids slumming with a scant few bona fide poor folk. Rich kids who think it's cool to bite the hand that feeds them foie gras and beluga caviar.

These people seem to fail to realize that Apple started in a Garage, and Google and Facebook started in dorm rooms. Hilton started as a single hotel...

Stop whining about what you don't have, and go out and DO SOMETHING TO EARN IT.

They're not going to do it because for one thing, it would mean work and they expect everything to be handed to them. They want the paycheck... just not the work.
Now, where do you suppose they got that idea?

Chuck

They want jobs.

Not handouts.

I don't care about the TP or the OWS. I am a highly experienced, yet unemployed molecular biologist. I am working minimum wage gigs and busting my ass to find a real job (that pays a living wage).

Therefor, I do not have time to protest. Nevertheless, there is something very wrong when highly educated and experienced professionals cannot find work, except for McJobs that don't pay a living wage.

I am busting my ass here, and if something doesn't happen soon I will lose my house.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yes. The unemployed can protest. Of course, explaining a gap in unemployment by saying, "I was camped out for six weeks at the OWS rally" isn't usually looked highly upon. I also figure that they aren't looking for work. Maybe they've given up. Possible, if not probable.

Still, occupying wall street, I don't think, is on anybody's agenda for finding work. I especially don't think that anybody with a big mortgage to pay is out there protesting. The kids of these homeowners? Yes. I can see that plenty of professionally unemployed are there.

I was referring to kids, just out of high school. I know, college graduates who have been working minnimum wage jobs just to pay the rent and un-able to find jobs in their degrees. Folks such as yourself, who worked hard to get their degree and can't find work in their field is just wrong. As for the OPW's, they need their fannies spanked.

Chuck

In the Bay Area we refer to them as "trustafarians." This came out of the dozen or so people who opposed the expansion and disparately needed earthquake renovations to Cal's Memorial Stadium because it would involve chopping down a few oak trees. So they occupied the trees for nearly 2 years. They were actually the pawns of the neighbor's association and the city of Berkeley, but no matter. But yes, they could do this because they didn't have to work, and this region seems to encourage people to stick their nose in everyone's business, be it this, or the sale of live chickens, or pick your pet cause.

How many were arrested in NY at the beginning of October? It's obvious these 10 or so homes were the high end, but I don't know what the denominator is.

Out here the arrests have ballooned as the anti cop and anti establishment violent types have taken over in Oakland, and there are now scores of arrests. It's amazing that in the space of 8 days, the movement squandered away ALL of the sympathy it got from the prior week's police raid. We're now at the point where property owners are holding up shotguns to deter attacks from the thug element of the crowd. The usual looting is happening, along with the breaking of windows and defacing of walls.