quade

Schizophrenic gun owner goes on killing spree

There has to be a reason, and I'd like to hear it.

I don't like conversing to people that misrepresent my words. I understand that's your profession and hobby but it's a shitty way to hold a conversation.

You want to have a conversation, fine, let's do that, but knock off the bullshit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't like conversing to people that misrepresent my words. I understand that's your profession and hobby but it's a shitty way to hold a conversation.

Your words: " Further and sadly, he 100% proved how a system should be in place to remove guns from people like himself."

There IS a system in place. You focused on how he bought the guns legally. Which he did. Then he was committed. The guns became illegal to him at that point. The system should had taken the guns but failed in its ministerial duty. He then illegally used the legally purchased but illegally possessed weapons that the legal system failed to take.

So tell me again about what I misrepresented?

Did I misrepresent that you said a psychiatric board should be taking people's rights? No. You said it. I pointed out problems and asked questions.

You haven't responded to my questions. My comments. My suggestions. How about the research that says that mentally ill are no more likely than the general population to commit acts of violence?

But despite the evidence, despite the point that there is a system in place, despite the efforts to educate you on mental illness and Due Process and the Constitution, you ignore them. You don't mention ANYTHING about how your suggestions are consistent with Due Process. Or the 4th Amendment.

You don't state any rejoinders to these points. Just the suggestion that a system should be in place when there already is one. It's emotional to you. I'm trying to bring reason into it and you are ignoring it. For goodness sakes, have you ever even acknowledged the Constitutional issues?

It's a shitty way to hold a conversation that you make points and don't respond to those of others. When someone points out problems you ignore those problems and act as if they are nonexistent.

That's a problem.

Your words: " Further and sadly, he 100% proved how a system should be in place to remove guns from people like himself."

There IS a system in place.

Yes, there is. Why don't you go after the people that are advocating dismantling it?
quade -

Really? REALLY?
Got credentials, do you?

It's common knowledge in areas where the word "drugs" doesn't cause hysteria. Or in other words. Areas that aren't like the US of A.

Man you got off easy. I thought DFWAJG was going to ream your ass for that...er....less-then-knowledgeable statement.

"Common knowledge" is the fall-back most used by those who have no earthly clue as to what they are talking about.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Okay. Now we are getting somewhere.

I'm having a hard time finding those who want to "dismantle" the system except on the side that is calling for more restrictionsm I view a board of psychiatrists as an effort to dismantle the system.

But I'm not seeing anybody arguing that known threats should have guns. I see nobody defending what the shooter did. I see nobody saying that even though he was committed that his rights should be unfettered. After all, committment is removing liberty.

Here's how I see it - a person's right to a gun is equal to a right of liberty. A person gets committed that person should similarly lose the gun. It's already shown he's irresponsible. And that can and IS adjudicated.

But a person who is committed can have rights restored. Same with guns. If a person is a danger then the process is there - committ him. Not a danger then let him out.

Nobody has argued against it. What they and I argue against is the stripping of a right. Like it or not, a gun is a right. And all rights are treating as coequal.

The problem is that many think that guns should NOT be a coequal right. This is a valid thought. But when "should not be" is adopted as "is not" we run into these problems. It's what this discussion is about.

I'm not twisting words, Paul. A skillful attorney doesn't need to. We just use what people say and see if they really mean it.if they do then swell. If not, just as good. But the air is cleared and we can get to facts. Note - lawyers are also not like television. Maybe 5% are shysters. The rest of us are just regular people who are stigmatized, too. But we DO have a fundamental apprexiation for the Constituion - what it does and why.

It's why you find we attorneys agree on so much when it comes to the issues of the Constitution, due process and fundamental rights.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Man you got off easy. I thought DFWAJG was going to ream your ass for that...er....less-then-knowledgeable statement.

This sounds awfully like "My big brother will kick your a$$, because I can't" And I think I mostly got off easy because my statement was right to begin with.

"Common knowledge" is the fall-back most used by those who have no earthly clue as to what they are talking about.

The phrase "common knowledge" is also used in case something is common knowledge.

So ,well, the contents of your post are less then impressive, actually there are no real relevant contents to be found.

1. It is "common knowledge" that Richard Gere had a gerbil medically removed from his ass.

2. It is common knowledge that you can get syphilis from a toilet seat.

3. It is common knowledge that Magellan circumnavigated the earth.

4. It is common knowledge that Disney is cryogenically frozen.

Common knowledge is often common lore. And untrue. It's also common knowledge that schizophrenics are violent and will kill you.

Every time you say that others here are in favor of the mentally ill having access to guns, YOU ARE A LIAR.

No, sir. It is you who are not telling the truth in this matter. There are, indeed, people in this thread who advocate the mentally ill should be allowed access to guns.

Who?
Prove it .
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes, there is. Why don't you go after the people that are advocating dismantling it?

Shit quade

Now who is this?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

1. It is "common knowledge" that Richard Gere had a gerbil medically removed from his ass.

2. It is common knowledge that you can get syphilis from a toilet seat.

3. It is common knowledge that Magellan circumnavigated the earth.

4. It is common knowledge that Disney is cryogenically frozen.

Common knowledge is often common lore. And untrue. It's also common knowledge that schizophrenics are violent and will kill you.

Nice diversion, now try to dodge this:

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&Template=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=54&ContentID=23049

Well yes. Roughly fifty percent of all individuals with severe mental disorders have substance abuse issues. That is proof positive that mental illness and substance abuse go hand in hand.

Of course, that's like saying that you must have a vagina because roughly 50% of the human population has one.

Did you notice that I readuly ADMITTED the substance abuse thing? I guess you missed that part.

Another thing you should do is check out the DSM-IV. Schizophrenia is an Axis I disorder, just like anorexia and bulimia. Gee, you think someone with anorexia might also have a substance abuse issue? And we all know that anorexics are dangers to everyone and should NOT have access to a weapon.

One thing I must credit - you are looking into these things and learning. But please don't tell me that I'm avoiding things that I put out there. I'm the one who MENTIONED that substance abuse is the kicker.

But I'm not seeing anybody arguing that known threats should have guns.

Then I think you should reread this thread.

I used to think that a panel of mental professionals would be a good way to determine if the mentally disturbed should be put into our legal system and judged competent and allowed their full rights as Americans... but after seeing how some of those supposed "professionals" act..I have to ask, who gets to make sure those selected for the panel are not megalomaniacal nutters.

Too many of them are all too small minded people with their own personal agendas and on self-serving power trips.

I used to think that a panel of mental professionals would be a good way to determine if the mentally disturbed should be put into our legal system and judged competent and allowed their full rights as Americans... but after seeing how some of those supposed "professionals" act..I have to ask, who gets to make sure those selected for the panel are not megalomaniacal nutters.

Too many of them are all too small minded people with their own personal agendas and on self-serving power trips.

So what is your solution? To whom would you grant the power to adjudicate someone incompetent to have full rights?

So what is your solution? To whom would you grant the power to adjudicate someone incompetent to have full rights?

Lets go with all those here blithering about rights.... the REAL solution.. a Constitutional solution...

GUNS FOR EVERYONE

Lets go with all those here blithering about rights.... the REAL solution.. a Constitutional solution...

GUNS FOR EVERYONE

*facepalm*

And which people would those be, Paul? Show us the bills in Congress getting rid of any/all background checks, etc.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This sounds awfully like "My big brother will kick your a$$, because I can't" .

:D:D:D
Nice! Well, there you go! You just made an ass out of yourself. Got anything pertinent?
:D

So ,well, the contents of your post are less then impressive, actually there are no real relevant contents to be found.

:D:D:D
*whoosh*
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You want to have a conversation, fine, let's do that, but knock off the bullshit.

Wow....this is some great horseshit. What did the first draft look like?

So do lawyers or screenwriters spend more time distorting reality? But based on our population here, it appears that lawyers provide evidence, and screenwriters just ask for it, and then hide when they don't like what they see.

Wow....this is some great horseshit. What did the first draft look like?

So do lawyers or screenwriters spend more time distorting reality? But based on our population here, it appears that lawyers provide evidence, and screenwriters just ask for it, and then hide when they don't like what they see.

For reply, please see what you've just quoted.
quade -

He was a known schizophrenic, yet still had access to guns. He says saw "demons" and voices in his head told him to kill.

This is exactly the scenario I've been talking about in other threads. I'm curious how some people are going to defend this.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/carson-city-ihop-gunman-saw-demons.html

The victims should have had their weapons with them.

There are crazy people out there, known fact. Some of them carry guns, known fact. That is why I have a CWP and carry.

Take care and be aware. Remember the rule of 3's. If the bad guy appears as a threat, he will be within 3 yards. You have 3 seconds to fire 3 rounds.

I recommend the Hornady Critical Defense FTX bullet. It produces maximum internal damage with a very low potential for external damage.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I recommend the Hornady Critical Defense FTX bullet. It produces maximum internal damage with a very low potential for external damage.

Because we at Hornady believe everyone deserves an open casket...;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

For reply, please see what you've just quoted.

and there begins Paul's retreat until the next time. It's like Shah and Rhys.

Over/under on using the same "you people want the mentally ill to have guns" even *after* talking about cutting the bullshit?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706