DesertAttorney

Congratulations, Illinois!

I live in Maryland, we basically don't allow it either. :(

Many are in the same boat.

There are states that can issue permits but don't unless you can prove you need it. They are Rhode Island, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii, Delaware, Connecticut, California, Alabama. From what I've heard, Alabama is usually pretty easy to obtain. I New York, California and New Jersey, Hawaii, and Maryland its extremely remote that you would ever get a permit. A guy I know was a licensed Private Investigator in New Jersey and it took 6 Months for him to get approved.

I live in NJ and looked into getting a CCW. They pretty much don't issue unless you are an armed gaurd, a PI, retired LEO, or you can prove you "need" it. I also don't understand why I can buy a shotgun or hunting rifle at 18 with a Firearms ID, but I need to be 21 and have a Handgun Permit to buy a handgun. Both make you equally dead if I go crazy and shoot you...

I live in Maryland, we basically don't allow it either. :(

Many are in the same boat.

While the great state of Alabama is a "May Issue" state, in practice they are a "Shall Issue" state. Most people should have no problem getting a CCW in Alabama.

Don't you just love the SouthB|