DesertAttorney

"Occupy Occupy Wall Street"

I don't even know why you waste your time talking to this troll. Not only he is oblivious to his heroes fucking him in the ass, he takes it with pleasure and kisses them goodbye too!

Hey.. it seems lots of people on that particular political spectrum dig that sort of action.

Oh, and the thinly veiled homosexual reference... gee, we *NEVER* see that coming from *you*, Jeanne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2TnodSXoI&feature=fvst

Can't access youtube.

I would have thought a "really" smart "computer guy" like you would be able to get around things like that...

tsk tsk tsk

I would have thought an "IT professional" like yourself would understand the importance of network security.

Face it Mikeee You aint got the skillz:ph34r:

I don't even know why you waste your time talking to this troll. Not only he is oblivious to his heroes fucking him in the ass, he takes it with pleasure and kisses them goodbye too!

Hey.. it seems lots of people on that particular political spectrum dig that sort of action.

Oh, and the thinly veiled homosexual reference... gee, we *NEVER* see that coming from *you*, Jeanne...

Can't access youtube.

I would have thought a "really" smart "computer guy" like you would be able to get around things like that...

tsk tsk tsk

I would have thought an "IT professional" like yourself would understand the importance of network security.

Face it Mikeee You aint got the skillz:ph34r:

Is that why you left MSFT? Got caught bypassing network security?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nope.. it was the HUGE pay raise I got at BOEING...working on the 787 software dev.

Pssst your jealousy is showing yet again :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Oh and no... MS is not that ANAL RETENTIVE that they block things like Youtube.. Security has better things to do.

Hell ............Even Boeing was not that ANAL RETENTIVE....

Upgrade those skills Mikeee.. escape those shackles

Nope.. it was the HUGE pay raise I got at BOEING...working on the 787 software dev.

Funny how YOUR greed is A-ok, but everyone else is supposed to be ashamed of making money.

Oh and no... MS is not that ANAL RETENTIVE that they block things like Youtube.. Security has better things to do.

The military has better things for troops to do than watch youtube - evidently MSFT doesn't.

Why should I become just another IT drone below 100k when I'm well over 100k where I am?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Funny how YOUR greed is A-ok, but everyone else is supposed to be ashamed of making money.

The military has better things for troops to do than watch youtube - evidently MSFT doesn't.

Why should I become just another IT drone below 100k when I'm well over 100k where I am?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Its ok.. if you "settle" for your trickle.. really it is.

I am sure that lets you buy all the "toys" you need :ph34r::ph34r:

Yup...that's right.

It's okay if you settle for the shitty insurance from the temp agencies...really it is.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yup...that's right.

It's okay if you settle for the shitty insurance from the temp agencies...really it is.

That was then miss thang... but what ever delusions it takes to get you thru those long night shifts....go ahead and feed all that hate... I rahter enjoy your misguided missives:ph34r::ph34r:

That was then miss thang...

Funny how you were still bitching about that shoulder thing even a few months back, then.

but what ever delusions it takes to get you thru those long night shifts....go ahead and feed all that hate... I rahter enjoy your misguided missives:ph34r::ph34r:

You provide superlative examples of all three.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That was then miss thang...

Funny how you were still bitching about that shoulder thing even a few months back, then.

but what ever delusions it takes to get you thru those long night shifts....go ahead and feed all that hate... I rahter enjoy your misguided missives:ph34r::ph34r:

You provide superlative examples of all three.

Hey as long as you think I am in pain.. its all good right Mikeee

THAT is the way you roll... feed that hatred Mikee FEED it.

More projection from Zon....what a shocker.

Acutally, no...it's how YOU roll. The first thread you responded to me in SC, you threw out the 'extreme right-winger' bullcrap, and you've only gotten more vitriolic since then.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Acutally, no...it's how YOU roll. The first thread you responded to me in SC, you threw out the 'extreme right-winger' bullcrap, and you've only gotten more vitriolic since then.

AS I said

AS I said

STILL can't get to youtube...if you want to say something, then grab your ovaries and say it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

AS I said

STILL can't get to youtube...if you want to say something, then grab your ovaries and say it.

Gee that seems to be the one that you went to great extremes to protect the honor of the CHICHKENAWKS you WORSHIP including the one who did not show up for his flight physical where he would have had to do that whole goldenflow thing that would have proved how much of nose candy user he was. I guess my idea of serving honorably differs quite a bit from those in the fringe right.

First Post to mnealtx from Amazon in SC

I guess my idea of serving honorably differs quite a bit from those in the fringe right.

Yeah..as I recall, you're a HUGE fan of the guy that skipped off to England.

Remind me again where he was in uniform???

I guess you were jealous of his being a Rhodes Scholar..

OOOPS sorry I forgot.. the fringe right does not value silly things like education.... the dumb as dirt and proud of it crowd RULZ the right

Remind me again where he was in uniform???

ROTC commitment and/or draft commitment.

Situational ethics at it's finest, that's you.

Another Mikee fail

Or is your name really Douglas Niedermeir

Face it you guys on the fringe right sound an AWFULlot like the Omega Theta Pi.So which of you is really Dean Wormer huh??

You guys were on the wrong side of history back then.... and you are on the wrong side of it again.

We are seeing the beginning of police riots just like we saw back then... same fascist thinking brought to us all by the right wing.

not exactly a surprise, is it?

Supporting the Tea Party generally means picking them over an existing choice (Democratic, Republic, RINO, Libertarian, Nader/Green...) And yet, the Tea Party has elected people to Congress, and has a couple also rans for the GOP nomination.

Supporting OWS is like supporting the children (literally). But it doesn't mean anything concrete - with no leaders, there's no consensus beyond Wall Street 1% bad. So what are you supporting or disapproving of?

Some support their right to assemble camps, even if they don't believe in the message(s). And some do believe, but think these are punk kids who just want to smoke weed in public, and therefore disapprove.

That the group has no goal or articulated purpose is a mighty fine indication of the issues with our society. I could perhaps have an easier time with OWS IF they could articulate their reasons.

OWS is like the Iraq War - pissed at Hussein. Now what?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You are the most hate filled person I have ever seen on the internet. You cannot even allow a person to disagree with your opinion without personally attacking their character. You are a complete waste of time and air.

It's ok, relax...those two go at it all the time. I don't think I've ever seen two people bicker back n' forth for almost 2 pages with hardly any interuption...I find it rather cute and entertaining. You have to remember that this is not real life...it's a stage on which to perform...go break a leg.:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

All of my grandparents, born about 1905, went from dirt poor literally, do decent jobs, college (or tradeschool ) for their kids, and the same for us grandkids, who have had nice lives. Nicer than 100 years ago raising chickens, watermelons, and corn in MO and OK. I think it really does work, at least it used to. Now, if your folks are druggies or winos.............. not much I can do about that.

In 1920'a the tax rate on the wealthiest Americans was more than 90%. The playing field was more level, not only in this way. Access to resources, lack of privatization, tighter communities, are just a few reasons why our grandparents were able to come from a foreign land with pennies and make it.

**disclaimer** I do not agree with 90% taxes on the wealthy, I do believe they should be required to declare all earnings and held accountable for the actions of their corporations and for environmental and human rights above those of shareholders.
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Naivety.
Middle class student, attached to parents $100,000 income can enjoy a debt of $16,000 per year in debt, just for tuition. For the opportunity of giving the child an education in a "public" institution. 16% of an income. For a person making $1,000,000 per year the tuition accounts for a mere 1.6% of income.

Fair?

A private institution, my Sister and Brother-in-law, raised their sons to know they would be attending college and took the necessary steps to afford this. They paid off their house in 10 years, saving an enormous sum of money. Held their personal debt down. He was accepted into a private university in the Northwest. After his grants and financial aid, they get to pay over $25,000 per year. Family of 4.

Equal Opportunity?

Another sister, family of 6, she has been a stay at home mom, living within their means so she could do so. First daughter off to college, accepted at a great university - in state - over $10,000 per year in addition to her financial aid. Had to send her to a community college where she is thriving, but non-the-less, almost 20% of salary. Now, my sister has taken on a part-time job, and it is working against them.

Fair?

Another niece, on her own, no support from parent, in order to attend the university of her dreams, she will be in debt $50,000 by the time she completes her bachelor's which is not worth that much in the marketplace. She live very frugally, she works in work study.

Level Playing Field?

I know many university students working to pay for school on their own, rent, food, supplies, the works, they are all in serious debt. For a mere BA / BS

What does this debt accomplish? It takes a huge pool of people that may have begun college with a desire to go into service not making money their #1 priority, are now 'forced' to search for a job that pays enough to pay down loans. TO take themselves out of the charity market, that in these times is needed more than ever. One of the repercussions of the Bayh-Dole Act, among others.

Is this the image of the American Dream? To dream of a career but be unable to enter into it because of enormous debt?

Privatization in Public Institutions only invites the wealthy to afford a quality education. Fair?
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

This is about "Liberal Democracy" ; not about pitting Democrats against Republicans, they are different sides of the same rusty old f***ing coin! One pushes agendas with a sword, the other a smile (with a sword hidden behind the back in case the smile does not work!).

Matt Taibblog from Rolling Stone put it better than I ever could. At the bottom find the link.
"When you take into consideration all the theft and fraud and market manipulation and other evil shit Wall Street bankers have been guilty of in the last ten-fifteen years, you have to have balls like church bells to trot out a propaganda line that says the protesters are just jealous of their hard-earned money."

"If we hate the rich, why are there 250 millionaire elected officials in Washington""People aren't jealous and they don’t want privileges. They just want a level playing field, and they want Wall Street to give up its cheat codes, things like:

FREE MONEY. Ordinary people have to borrow their money at market rates. Lloyd Blankfein and Jamie Dimon get billions of dollars for free, from the Federal Reserve. They borrow at zero and lend the same money back to the government at two or three percent, a valuable public service otherwise known as "standing in the middle and taking a gigantic cut when the government decides to lend money to itself."

Or the banks borrow billions at zero and lend mortgages to us at four percent, or credit cards at twenty or twenty-five percent. This is essentially an official government license to be rich, handed out at the expense of prudent ordinary citizens, who now no longer receive much interest on their CDs or other saved income. It is virtually impossible to not make money in banking when you have unlimited access to free money, especially when the government keeps buying its own cash back from you at market rates.

Your average chimpanzee couldn't fuck up that business plan, which makes it all the more incredible that most of the too-big-to-fail banks are nonetheless still functionally insolvent, and dependent upon bailouts and phony accounting to stay above water. Where do the protesters go to sign up for their interest-free billion-dollar loans?

CREDIT AMNESTY. If you or I miss a $7 payment on a Gap card or, heaven forbid, a mortgage payment, you can forget about the great computer in the sky ever overlooking your mistake. But serial financial fuckups like Citigroup and Bank of America overextended themselves by the hundreds of billions and pumped trillions of dollars of deadly leverage into the system -- and got rewarded with things like the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, an FDIC plan that allowed irresponsible banks to borrow against the government's credit rating.

This is equivalent to a trust fund teenager who trashes six consecutive off-campus apartments and gets rewarded by having Daddy co-sign his next lease. The banks needed programs like TLGP because without them, the market rightly would have started charging more to lend to these idiots. Apparently, though, we can’t trust the free market when it comes to Bank of America, Goldman, Sachs, Citigroup, etc.

In a larger sense, the TBTF banks all have the implicit guarantee of the federal government, so investors know it's relatively safe to lend to them -- which means it's now cheaper for them to borrow money than it is for, say, a responsible regional bank that didn't jack its debt-to-equity levels above 35-1 before the crash and didn't dabble in toxic mortgages. In other words, the TBTF banks got better credit for being less responsible. Click on freecreditscore.com to see if you got the same deal.

STUPIDITY INSURANCE. Defenders of the banks like to talk a lot about how we shouldn't feel sorry for people who've been foreclosed upon, because it's they're own fault for borrowing more than they can pay back, buying more house than they can afford, etc. And critics of OWS have assailed protesters for complaining about things like foreclosure by claiming these folks want “something for nothing.”

This is ironic because, as one of the Rolling Stone editors put it last week, “something for nothing is Wall Street’s official policy." In fact, getting bailed out for bad investment decisions has been de rigeur on Wall Street not just since 2008, but for decades.

Time after time, when big banks screw up and make irresponsible bets that blow up in their faces, they've scored bailouts. It doesn't matter whether it was the Mexican currency bailout of 1994 (when the state bailed out speculators who gambled on the peso) or the IMF/World Bank bailout of Russia in 1998 (a bailout of speculators in the "emerging markets") or the Long-Term Capital Management Bailout of the same year (in which the rescue of investors in a harebrained hedge-fund trading scheme was deemed a matter of international urgency by the Federal Reserve), Wall Street has long grown accustomed to getting bailed out for its mistakes.

The 2008 crash, of course, birthed a whole generation of new bailout schemes. Banks placed billions in bets with AIG and should have lost their shirts when the firm went under -- AIG went under, after all, in large part because of all the huge mortgage bets the banks laid with the firm -- but instead got the state to pony up $180 billion or so to rescue the banks from their own bad decisions.

This sort of thing seems to happen every time the banks do something dumb with their money. Just recently, the French and Belgian authorities cooked up a massive bailout of the French bank Dexia, whose biggest trading partners included, surprise, surprise, Goldman, Sachs and Morgan Stanley. Here's how the New York Times explained the bailout:

To limit damage from Dexia’s collapse, the bailout fashioned by the French and Belgian governments may make these banks and other creditors whole — that is, paid in full for potentially tens of billions of euros they are owed. This would enable Dexia’s creditors and trading partners to avoid losses they might otherwise suffer...

When was the last time the government stepped into help you "avoid losses you might otherwise suffer?" But that's the reality we live in. When Joe Homeowner bought too much house, essentially betting that home prices would go up, and losing his bet when they dropped, he was an irresponsible putz who shouldn’t whine about being put on the street.

But when banks bet billions on a firm like AIG that was heavily invested in mortgages, they were making the same bet that Joe Homeowner made, leaving themselves hugely exposed to a sudden drop in home prices. But instead of being asked to "suck it in and cope" when that bet failed, the banks instead went straight to Washington for a bailout -- and got it.

UNGRADUATED TAXES. I've already gone off on this more than once, but it bears repeating. Bankers on Wall Street pay lower tax rates than most car mechanics. When Warren Buffet released his tax information, we learned that with taxable income of $39 million, he paid $6.9 million in taxes last year, a tax rate of about 17.4%.

Most of Buffet’s income, it seems, was taxed as either "carried interest" (i.e. hedge-fund income) or long-term capital gains, both of which carry 15% tax rates, half of what many of the Zucotti park protesters will pay.

As for the banks, as companies, we've all heard the stories. Goldman, Sachs in 2008 – this was the same year the bank reported $2.9 billion in profits, and paid out over $10 billion in compensation -- paid just $14 million in taxes, a 1% tax rate.

Bank of America last year paid not a single dollar in taxes -- in fact, it received a "tax credit" of $1 billion. There are a slew of troubled companies that will not be paying taxes for years, including Citigroup and CIT.

When GM bought the finance company AmeriCredit, it was able to marry its long-term losses to AmeriCredit's revenue stream, creating a tax windfall worth as much as $5 billion. So even though AmeriCredit is expected to post earnings of $8-$12 billion in the next decade or so, it likely won't pay any taxes during that time, because its revenue will be offset by GM's losses.

Thank God our government decided to pledge $50 billion of your tax dollars to a rescue of General Motors! You just paid for one of the world's biggest tax breaks.

And last but not least, there is:

GET OUT OF JAIL FREE. One thing we can still be proud of is that America hasn't yet managed to achieve the highest incarceration rate in history -- that honor still goes to the Soviets in the Stalin/Gulag era. But we do still have about 2.3 million people in jail in America.

Virtually all 2.3 million of those prisoners come from "the 99%." Here is the number of bankers who have gone to jail for crimes related to the financial crisis: 0.

Millions of people have been foreclosed upon in the last three years. In most all of those foreclosures, a regional law enforcement office -- typically a sheriff's office -- was awarded fees by the court as part of the foreclosure settlement, settlements which of course were often rubber-stamped by a judge despite mountains of perjurious robosigned evidence.

That means that every single time a bank kicked someone out of his home, a local police department got a cut. Local sheriff's offices also get cuts of almost all credit card judgments, and other bank settlements. If you're wondering how it is that so many regional police departments have the money for fancy new vehicles and SWAT teams and other accoutrements, this is one of your answers.

What this amounts to is the banks having, as allies, a massive armed police force who are always on call, ready to help them evict homeowners and safeguard the repossession of property. But just see what happens when you try to call the police to prevent an improper foreclosure. Then, suddenly, the police will not get involved. It will be a "civil matter" and they won't intervene.

The point being: if you miss a few home payments, you have a very high likelihood of colliding with a police officer in the near future. But if you defraud a pair of European banks out of a billion dollars -- that's a billion, with a b -- you will never be arrested, never see a policeman, never see the inside of a jail cell.

Your settlement will be worked out not with armed police, but with regulators in suits who used to work for your company or one like it. And you'll have, defending you, a former head of that regulator's agency. In the end, a fine will be paid to the government, but it won't come out of your pocket personally; it will be paid by your company's shareholders. And there will be no admission of criminal wrongdoing.

The Abacus case, in which Goldman helped a hedge fund guy named John Paulson beat a pair of European banks for a billion dollars, tells you everything you need to know about the difference between our two criminal justice systems. The settlement was $550 million -- just over half of the damage.

Can anyone imagine a common thief being caught by police and sentenced to pay back half of what he took? Just one low-ranking individual in that case was charged (case pending), and no individual had to reach into his pocket to help cover the fine. The settlement Goldman paid to to the government was about 1/24th of what Goldman received from the government just in the AIG bailout. And that was the toughest "punishment" the government dished out to a bank in the wake of 2008.

The point being: we have a massive police force in America that outside of lower Manhattan prosecutes crime and imprisons citizens with record-setting, factory-level efficiency, eclipsing the incarceration rates of most of history's more notorious police states and communist countries.

But the bankers on Wall Street don't live in that heavily-policed country. There are maybe 1000 SEC agents policing that sector of the economy, plus a handful of FBI agents. There are nearly that many police officers stationed around the polite crowd at Zucotti park.

These inequities are what drive the OWS protests. People don't want handouts. It's not a class uprising and they don't want civil war -- they want just the opposite. They want everyone to live in the same country, and live by the same rules. It's amazing that some people think that that's asking a lot."

Fair?

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/owss-beef-wall-street-isnt-winning-its-cheating-20111025#ixzz1c3QAemg4