DesertAttorney

"Occupy Occupy Wall Street"

Birds of a feather

http://biggovernment.com/jpollak/2011/10/25/barack-obama-led-occupychicago-circa-1988/

In fact, Obama personally helped plan one of UNO’s most confrontational actions of the eighties [in 1988]: a break-in meant to intimidate a coalition of local business and neighborhood leaders into dropping a landfill expansion deal.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Oh, I don't know. They aren't asking taxpayers to pay them personal $multi-million bonuses like the AIG execs did.

ok, let's talk scale though.

OK, $550 thousand vs $200+ MILLION. And the AIG execs bankrupted their company and bled the taxpayers. On the greedy scale there's just no comparison. Leeches!

AIG....isn't that the company whose top exec took a $1 salary and no bonus in 08/09?

Why, yes...yes it is.

Funny thing about those bonuses you rail about....

For example, Obama’s “pay czar,” Kenneth Feinberg, on Wednesday approved a $4 million raise for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche.

Then, of course, there's Freddy/Fannie...

The federal regulator of bailed-out mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac defended plans Friday to give $210 million in retention bonuses to employees he said had lost years of savings when the companies’ stock collapsed in 2008.

So you agree that corporate goverment department execs are greedier than the protesters. Cool.

Fixed it for you.

And the gov dept heads are using these usful idiots to help them:)

AIG and F-M are PUBLICLY traded companies, not government departments.

Not that facts ever bothered you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

They might be publicly traded, but F-F were created by government charter. As such, there is an 'implicit guarantee' that the gov't would not all them to fail or default...as seen by their bailout in 08.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

They might be publicly traded, but F-F were created by government charter. As such, there is an 'implicit guarantee' that the gov't would not all them to fail or default...as seen by their bailout in 08.

They STILL aren't government departments, contrary to rush's implication. AIG is most definitely not a govt. department.

Not that weasel wording ever bothered you.

I really don't care much, Professor. Your pontifications on DZ.com are about as effectual as the millions of other opinions on the Net. That is to say they are not of any importance, and they change NOTHING. Your expansive Ego and concurrent lack of expertise are apparently (thankfully) constrained to this website.

I really don't care much, Professor. Your pontifications on DZ.com are about as effectual as the millions of other opinions on the Net. That is to say they are not of any importance, and they change NOTHING. Your expansive Ego and concurrent lack of expertise are apparently (thankfully) constrained to this website.

Oooh I'm really impressed by your opinion on the Net, Mr. Anonymous Poster.

You get a 10/10 irony score for that.

More about these goofy dufus's

And who is controling this fad and organized joke

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/

ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"In fact, Obama personally helped plan one of UNO’s most confrontational actions of the eighties [in 1988]: a break-in meant to intimidate a coalition of local business and neighborhood leaders into dropping a landfill expansion deal."

The birth certificate thing was a much better libel.

All of my grandparents, born about 1905, went from dirt poor literally, do decent jobs, college (or tradeschool ) for their kids, and the same for us grandkids, who have had nice lives. Nicer than 100 years ago raising chickens, watermelons, and corn in MO and OK. I think it really does work, at least it used to. Now, if your folks are druggies or winos.............. not much I can do about that.

"In fact, Obama personally helped plan one of UNO’s most confrontational actions of the eighties [in 1988]: a break-in meant to intimidate a coalition of local business and neighborhood leaders into dropping a landfill expansion deal."

The birth certificate thing was a much better libel.

I'm sure that Obama's just been too busy to get around to sueing Kurtz - maybe you should turn it in to attackwatch, that should do the trick.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

All of my grandparents, born about 1905, went from dirt poor literally, do decent jobs, college (or tradeschool ) for their kids, and the same for us grandkids, who have had nice lives. Nicer than 100 years ago raising in MO and OK. I think it really does work, at least it used to. Now, if your folks are druggies or winos.............. not much I can do about that.

Want to bet where your grandkids will be???

Probably wishing they had chickens, watermelons, and corn but cant afford luxuries like that.

>>OWS appears to have more support than the Tea Party.

>What's your point?

I gotta say it's fun watching the right wing try to backpedal on the awesomeness of grassroots, popular political protest.

"Thank God for the Tea Party, a popular uprising that proves that the people of the United States are not just going to roll over and take it! That's how democracy is supposed to work - no big business, no contributions, just honest Americans trying to take back their country from the special interests that have taken control! Take that, stupid liberals! The people are too smart to fall for your tricks."

"OWS has even more popular support."

"Well, that doesn't mean anything. Popular groups prove nothing. They have no message. People are idiots anyway."

>>OWS appears to have more support than the Tea Party.

>What's your point?

I gotta say it's fun watching the right wing try to backpedal on the awesomeness of grassroots, popular political protest.

"Thank God for the Tea Party, a popular uprising that proves that the people of the United States are not just going to roll over and take it! That's how democracy is supposed to work - no big business, no contributions, just honest Americans trying to take back their country from the special interests that have taken control! Take that, stupid liberals! The people are too smart to fall for your tricks."

"OWS has even more popular support."

"Well, that doesn't mean anything. Popular groups prove nothing. They have no message. People are idiots anyway."

Did I ever express support of the Tea Party?

It's funny how many people take this seriously

"We're going to take back what's rightfully ours"

"What is rightfully yours?"

"Pretty much all the money in the United States of America"

That dialogue pretty much proves that this is purely satirical. Anybody who uses this material to support their views are ridiculously blind to a good joke.

These guys are probably 99 per centers, just fed up with the protests.

>Grassroots? OWS? Friggin HILAROUS.

A more careful reading will reveal that I was referring to the Tea Party - the most awesomest "grassroots" popular protest the right wing has ever come across. You yourself defended their grassrootiness a while back. And yes, it is indeed amusing to watch.

But I have a strange feeling that as soon as you realize that I was referring to the Tea Party, you will think "well, gee, now that's not funny at all. In fact I feel compelled to defend them again!"