DesertAttorney

"Occupy Occupy Wall Street"

I think the issue is the "knowing" that something is seriously wrong. Many folk just don't know the workings of the system in order to articulate it.
I would like to see an 'educate the masses' wing of OWS that does just that. Shows the laws and relationships in the upper echelons of society that make the machine a corrupt one.

There are fantastic articles by many educated, knowledgeable people outlining these points. It would be prudent of the organizers to use these as talking points.

I have been to a few events and do not agree with the polarizing language of some "enemy", "hate the rich" etc. Unfortunately, this is all that is shown in the media, as well as the poorly groomed. I have heard countless articulate arguments and seen droves of educated and well-dressed people in business suits that are not shown.

That the group has no goal or articulated purpose is a mighty fine indication of the issues with our society. I could perhaps have an easier time with OWS IF they could articulate their reasons.

OWS is like the Iraq War - pissed at Hussein. Now what?

~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

You are the most hate filled person I have ever seen on the internet. You cannot even allow a person to disagree with your opinion without personally attacking their character. You are a complete waste of time and air.

You are in DIRE need of several things.. but first you need some cheese... to go with that severe case of whine.
You can get some from Mikeee... be sure to get some of his SPECIAL cheese

Just like i thought. Immature references to anal sex toys in a nasty pm and then blocking any reply. You really do need psychiatric help

Wah wah wah.....

Just as I thought.. all whine... and a need for LOTS and LOTS of cheese

Now run along and play.. with whatever you wish to play with.

Just like i thought. Immature references to anal sex toys in a nasty pm and then blocking any reply. You really do need psychiatric help

Just like a 3rd grader on Jolt!

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In 1920'a the tax rate on the wealthiest Americans was more than 90%. The playing field was more level, not only in this way. Access to resources, lack of privatization, tighter communities, are just a few reasons why our grandparents were able to come from a foreign land with pennies and make it.

Really? The 1930's hit and FDR blamed the banks and the wealthy for causing the Depression and the New Deal was a policy to shift the wealth to the general population.

How does your explanation of the Twenties correspond to what happened in the 1930's?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think the issue is the "knowing" that something is seriously wrong. Many folk just don't know the workings of the system in order to articulate it.

Correct. Which by its nature means that they are arbitrary in their assignment of blame. This is the problem I have. They're mad at the banks. Why? They really don't know, but they want to see change. What kind of change? They don't know. Why not? Because they don't know.

This is how to get nothing positive accomplished EXCEPT for villification. Trust me - it's easier to get a population mad at something than to get a population to find something it likes.

Opulent homes of 'the 99 percent'

I'm sure these are mommy/daddy houses...

Representatives of “the 99 percent” have been camping out in lower Manhattan to protest economic inequality since late September, but the riches on display at some of their home addresses clearly came from “1 percent” families.

We searched Google Maps and the real estate Multiple Listing Service for the home addresses police collected during the arrests of less-than-law-abiding New York City “occupiers,” and found dream homes aplenty. These opulent houses include in-ground swimming pools, manicured lawns, and golf course access.

Frustrated with the rich? Tell a protester. Isn’t life rough?

We are all engines of karma

Yes. Who would have thunk that a large number of the protestors are simply kids with enough resources from mommy and daddy to do nothing but complain? I recall the gal who complained that her $5k Apple laptop was stolen and figured, “We know with whom we are dealing.”

We already know how they feel about the rabble in the streets. Homeless can eat at soup kitchens. We know how they feel about paying living wages to the kitchen help, and about 8 hour workdays. We know about their lack of respect for private property, and about the fact that women are fleeing because it’s dangerous for them. Note also that young white boys seem to be the dominant socioeconomic status.

We also know how they feel about criminals, except the ones that get arrested for noble reasons. I note that the arrest statistics are likely skewed toward the lit-glitz-nouveau-riche end. The folks that can afford to have mommy and daddy pay for an attorney, bail them out, maintain their allowance are more likely to get themselves arrested. For someone like me, an arrest can prove to be a tough thing.

So the fact that those being arrested are generally those who are living a good life is no surprise. They have nothing better to do.

And here is (as Paul Harvey used to say) The Rest of The Story

ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/acorn-officials-scramble-firing-workers-and-shredding-documents-after-exposed/

“It was pretty funny. Jonathan told staff they don’t pay for protesters, but the people in the meeting who work there objected and said, ‘Wait, you pay us to go to the protests every day?’ Then Jonathan said ‘No, but that’s your job,’ and staffers were like, ‘Yeah, our job is to protest,’ and Westin said, ‘No your job is to fight for economic and social justice. We just send you to protest.’

“Staff said, ‘Yes, you pay us to carry signs.’ Then Jonathan says, ‘That’s your job.’ It went on like that back and forth for a while.”

During the meetings, NYCC Deputy Director Greg Basta provided Westin with the copied photos of Fox News reporters to hand out to staff members, the source said. Basta told staffers they might be asked about the article when out in communities working on campaigns or when calling people by phone, the source said.

“They told us if people bring up the article, we’re supposed to say the source and all the stuff in there came from a disgruntled ex-employee who’s not working with us anymore.”

NYCC is also monitoring its staff’s behavior, cracking down on phone use and socialization. Officials have ordered all papers -- even scraps -- to be shredded every night, the source said.

“And all the supplies—everything around the office that said ‘ACORN’ -- is now all in storage until this blows over,” the source said. “People literally have to cover up the cameras on the back of their cellphones in the office.”

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln