ChileRelleno

How Much Ammo Must One Have to Qualify As An Arsenal?

Well -- you'd only need ONE weapon to make an arsenal, if it was a B-53. Of which the last one was supposed to be dismantled at Pantex today.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Whats up Dad :) Long time no talk good to see you.

Here is what is in my office (not inlcuding what is in the shop office, or in my desk or truck or home or my wifes purse or on my side;):ph34r:)

We just added a re-loading station down in our shop. As shooting the .50 and 7.62x51 are expensive. Not to mention the 220 Swift :o Holy shit is that round $$$$$ I bought a sweet 220 swift varmint rifle from my Police office friend because it is just wicked accurate but had no idea that the only economical way to shoot it was to re-load. Damn things are half the price of a .50

Do I qualify? :ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Whats up Dad :) Long time no talk good to see you.

Here is what is in my office (not inlcuding what is in the shop office, or in my desk or truck or home or my wifes purse or on my side;):ph34r:)

We just added a re-loading station down in our shop. As shooting the .50 and 7.62x51 are expensive. Not to mention the 220 Swift :o Holy shit is that round $$$$$ I bought a sweet 220 swift varmint rifle from my Police office friend because it is just wicked accurate but had no idea that the only economical way to shoot it was to re-load. Damn things are half the price of a .50

Do I qualify? :ph34r:

My son, illegitimate, ungrateful bastard that you are, I'll overlook all your shortcomings simply because you've a Saiga12 in your pic :D

Dude, I was thinking of you just the other day.
I was day dreaming about some of my favorite jumps, and was thinking about that wicked little dog fight we had, almost canopy to canopy spiraling down, burnt some altitude mighty fucking fast.

Don't know about the 220 swift, but I do know what ya mean with the .308/x51nato, and when I run through 500rds of 5.56 in one day of games with some friends... It ain't exactly cheap either.
Going to add a Saiga 5.45x39 to my Saiga family (see pic below), it is currently THE cheap milsurp.

Saigas... 12g .308 7.62x39

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Hav you gotten a chance to shoot the new shorter Barrett? They took off the monster brake. The new smaller brake works with a suppressor. Makes life much nicer for the spotter. Not so much for the triggerman.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I haven't. The 99 is the only one I have ever shot. I can't imagine shooting it with the monster brake on it.:o As it is it kicks less then my bolt action mossberg .308

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

You know the last one was close!
I would say quality not quantity but if you are planing on WWIII I would say enough ammo boxes to build a solid wall, 10ft wide and 10ft high.
Anything less.....please! You call your self a man!
Anything more.....well now ou are just showing off!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

How Much Ammo Must One Have to Qualify As An Arsenal?

Or

How Much Ammo to Make a Liberal Croak?

I always laugh when I hear of some schmuck getting his home raided/searched for whatever reason(s).
And the LEos and/or Liberal Media have a conniption fit and call his motley collection of a few rifles, shotguns and handguns, with a mere 2-3K of asst'd calibers in ammo an Arsenal, Armory or Arms Cache.
And I love how every semi-auto is an Automatic Weapon.
If my house was ever subject to such, they'd have a grand mal over just my firearms alone.

But I digress...

So, how much ammo is too much, or how much more do I need to acquire, to make the Liberals have heart attacks? :P

Is this a good start?
Just a few thousand rounds of each caliber that I own. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------
My father is a deputy sherrif and a gunsmith. Your arsenal would comprise about a fourth of his gunroom. He has two large gun safes full of pistols, rifles, shotguns and an assortment of assault rifles (fully auto)...guess it pays to have a FFL. If you like ammo so much, you should try getting into reloading. From what my pops says, its like shooting ammo at 1/3rd the cost.

From what my pops says, its like shooting ammo at 1/3rd the cost.

As long as you don't shoot any more than when you were buying pre-made ammo, 1/3 to 1/2 the cost is probably pretty close depending on the load.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My father is a deputy sherrif and a gunsmith. Your arsenal would comprise about a fourth of his gunroom. He has two large gun safes full of pistols, rifles, shotguns and an assortment of assault rifles (fully auto)...guess it pays to have a FFL. If you like ammo so much, you should try getting into reloading. From what my pops says, its like shooting ammo at 1/3rd the cost.

Nice, my father too was a Sheriffs Deputy (RIP)... Love ya Dad!
A gunsmith he wasn't, but I did inherit his safe and it's contents, add that to mine (not just three Saigas by far) and its not too shabby a collection.
Now if my FiL leaves me his collection and not to my worthless BiL, I may have a collection worth bragging about a little bit.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868