ChileRelleno

How Much Ammo Must One Have to Qualify As An Arsenal?

Or

How Much Ammo to Make a Liberal Croak?

I always laugh when I hear of some schmuck getting his home raided/searched for whatever reason(s).
And the LEos and/or Liberal Media have a conniption fit and call his motley collection of a few rifles, shotguns and handguns, with a mere 2-3K of asst'd calibers in ammo an Arsenal, Armory or Arms Cache.
And I love how every semi-auto is an Automatic Weapon.
If my house was ever subject to such, they'd have a grand mal over just my firearms alone.

But I digress...

So, how much ammo is too much, or how much more do I need to acquire, to make the Liberals have heart attacks? :P

Is this a good start?
Just a few thousand rounds of each caliber that I own. ;)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

LOL...

I was shooting trap with a bunch of guys several years back. We were having a hard time finding steady supplies of ammo. Went out and ordered 15 cases of low brass #7. UPS guy delivered it to the house, and didn't say anything.

LOL...

I thought I was bad for ordering four cases at a time of 5.56 & 762x39.
Buster Brown was grunting even with his dolly, wife convinced him to stack it inside our foyer... Cause it was way too heavy for her to move. :D

I have had suspicious thoughts that DHS has access to this and other Dropzone.com forums. I wonder if we should openly discuss such matters.

"In one hand I've got the Bible,
In the other I got a gun.
Don't you know me?
I'm the man that won." ~from the Eagles
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Another question I'll bet you know the answer to.

Why can't a 5.56 round be chambered in a .223 rifle while the reverse is not a problem?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I have had suspicious thoughts that DHS has access to this and other Dropzone.com forums. I wonder if we should openly discuss such matters.

I'm well known to the ATF/DHS.
I've numerous interactions with the Alphabet boys-n-girls, and I've a Class 3 Curios & Relics FFL.

Another question I'll bet you know the answer to.

Why can't a 5.56 round be chambered in a .223 rifle while the reverse is not a problem?

556 can used in a 223 chamber, but it isn't advised ;)
In a nutshell...
The chamber leade is shorter in the 223 chamber and longer in the 556 chamber.
The 556 is a higher velocity & chamber pressure load.
Firing the 556 in a 223 chamber will result in higher chamber pressures, this higher pressure could result in primer pocket gas leaks, blown cartridge case heads and gun functioning issues.
Firing the 223 in a 556 chamber with it's longer leade, can result in loss of velocity and accuracy... Though these losses would only be noticed by those with a Chrony and used to shooting ragged one hole groups.

Seriously though, that little pile is only good for a few months of regular range time spent, plinking for fun, serious target shooting, tac training and hunting.
If I attend any courses or comps, it gets ate up twice as fast.

I really need to invest in reloading equipment. :$

Looks on with an envious glint in his eye.
I'm only allowed 1000 rounds a year
so I have to work out which calibres I'm going to shoot the most of.

Their is no word in Spanish for plinking and the silly fuckers can't
get their collective heads round the notion of shooting for fun.

I'm thinking more and more of buying a large calibre PCP
as of yet the silly government hasen't cottoned on to the fact that
thay are nearly as powerful as a fire arm.

Preserve wild life... Pickle a politician.

Gone fishing

Hi Chile,
Ans. to Q1 depends on what State yer in. Ans. to Q2 probably anything more than one round!!!!!:ph34r::D:D;) 'remember in the NRA rag a few yrs. ago, 'had an article on Charlie Hestons' hse and photos of his "Gun Room!!" Nice!! Lotsa' guns 'and' AMMO! I'm sure those photos' caused a few heart attacks in a few libs!:D:D

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Dude, in California your "arsenal" would make the National Guard shake in their boots!

I don't think so. I have seen personal arsenals that would make the OP's look like a beginners (no disrespect meant). I'm talking several large gun safes full.

Of course, that was a long time ago and I can't remember where I saw them or who they belonged to. :ph34r:

So, how much ammo is too much, or how much more do I need to acquire, to make the Liberals have heart attacks? :PTongue[/:P]

Some here in SCland might consider me to be a "liberal" (whatever that means), and personally I could not care less how much ammo you care to accumulate. So no heart attack here I'm afraid.

On the other hand, should your house/trailer/bunker ever catch fire, you might want to let the firefighters know what you've got stored in there. And then you might be prepared to stand back and watch them let it burn, unless you've got it all in a fireproof safe or some such container. This happened a few years ago when a house down the block from me caught fire; firefighters were quick on the scene and might have been able to keep the fire confined, but when rounds started exploding the firefighters pulled out and bye-bye house.

Don

The really impressive piles I don't remember seeing were in hardened rooms and walk-in underground caches. I'm not talking Terminator2, but not far off either. The hardened walk-in closet was most impressive. Metal lined walls, vault quality door, concealed entrance, padded racks, etc.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

So, how much ammo is too much, or how much more do I need to acquire, to make the Liberals have heart attacks? :PTongue[/:P]

Some here in SCland might consider me to be a "liberal" (whatever that means), and personally I could not care less how much ammo you care to accumulate. So no heart attack here I'm afraid.

On the other hand, should your house/trailer/bunker ever catch fire, you might want to let the firefighters know what you've got stored in there. And then you might be prepared to stand back and watch them let it burn, unless you've got it all in a fireproof safe or some such container. This happened a few years ago when a house down the block from me caught fire; firefighters were quick on the scene and might have been able to keep the fire confined, but when rounds started exploding the firefighters pulled out and bye-bye house.

Don

Not a fire pro or gun guy, are you? If you want to scare a firefighter, tell them you have scuba gear or TNT inside. Other than that, they don't have to worry. (A) modern rounds don't explode; (B) firefighters don't have to pull out due to popping rounds - they pulled out for another reason or a poorly informed policy or command decision; or (C) it was black powder, not modern cases rounds.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Or

How Much Ammo to Make a Liberal Croak?

I always laugh when I hear of some schmuck getting his home raided/searched for whatever reason(s).
And the LEos and/or Liberal Media have a conniption fit and call his motley collection of a few rifles, shotguns and handguns, with a mere 2-3K of asst'd calibers in ammo an Arsenal, Armory or Arms Cache.
And I love how every semi-auto is an Automatic Weapon.
If my house was ever subject to such, they'd have a grand mal over just my firearms alone.

But I digress...

So, how much ammo is too much, or how much more do I need to acquire, to make the Liberals have heart attacks? :P

Is this a good start?
Just a few thousand rounds of each caliber that I own. ;)

Whats up ChileB|
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Looks like a good weekend there Chile! One of the smartest things I didn't really do on purpose was to buy 8 500 round cases of .223 that was ridiculously cheap...about four months before the bottom fell out a couple years ago. Hopefully ammo prices will come down some more before I run out again!

I really need to invest in reloading equipment. :$

There you go. With the price of ammo these days, reloading makes even more sense than ever before. And instead of having all that high-priced ammo laying around, you just need to save your brass when you shoot, and have some primers, powder and bullets in stock.

I shoot certain calibers quite frequently, but never have more than a couple of hundred rounds ready to shoot at any one time. When I get home from a match, the brass goes into the tumbler for cleaning, and then the reloading process starts to ready that brass for next month's match. So the supply is in components, which are made ready for shooting as needed.

And I love how every semi-auto is an Automatic Weapon

Forgive my ignorance, but Isn't a weapon that mechanically loads itself after being fired an automatic weapon?

The important difference is semi-auto versus full-auto. A lot of folks who want to increase restrictions on guns (or ban them outright) like to prey on public ignorance and intentionally confuse the two.
witty subliminal message
1*

And I love how every semi-auto is an Automatic Weapon

Forgive my ignorance, but Isn't a weapon that mechanically loads itself after being fired an automatic weapon?

With semi-auto, each round fired requires a separate and distinct trigger pull. With full auto only one trigger pull is required.