kallend

Those wonderful bankers

It isnt about being a banker, its about being a dishonest and unethical person. It happens in every profession. These people acted unethically, were caught and will be punished. Hopefully banned from ever making markets again.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

I'm sorry -- they are rich, and can afford good lawyers. Some of them will be punished, but many more skirted the edges of the law (that's the law that government has to make because people aren't inherently honest), or just crossed right over, and trust to their money to protect them.

In America, that trust is generally not misplaced. Not always, but generally.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It isnt about being a banker, its about being a dishonest and unethical person. It happens in every profession. These people acted unethically, were caught and will be punished. Hopefully banned from ever making markets again.

More likely they will get bonuses.

JPM also settled with the SEC over similar charges.

See a pattern?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

actually i dont see a pattern. unlike you i am saddled with the burden of knowledge of how the industry works.

They and their principles will be banned for a time and possibly for life. The SEC and Finra do not play games and do not work for the banks. people have lost their license for far less than this. you bring the regulators onto your desk and you lose your job. you get sanctioned and fined and you get suspended and possibly banned for life. that is how the industry works.

I know you wont believe me because you do not care too. your angry and jealous of 28 year olds who make more in a year than you do in 2 decades. that might make you bitter but it does not make them criminals.
John Frusciante

See a pattern?

That they *still* aren't going after Fannie/Freddie? Yeah, saw that.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

See a pattern?

WSJ reports that Samir H. Bhatt, the portfolio manager at Credit Suisse mostly responsible, agreed to a six-month suspension as an investment adviser and a $50,000 fine.

the only bonus he will be collecting is his unemployment insurance.
John Frusciante

actually i dont see a pattern. unlike you i am saddled with the burden of knowledge of how the industry works.

If you guys are so smart how come you tanked the economy? Oh, maybe it was deliberate, to enrich yourselves and your buddies.

I know you wont believe me because you do not care too. your angry and jealous of 28 year olds who make more in a year than you do in 2 decades. that might make you bitter but it does not make them criminals.

I'm angry at assholes who crashed the world's economy by feeding their own greed.

See a pattern?

WSJ reports that Samir H. Bhatt, the portfolio manager at Credit Suisse mostly responsible, agreed to a six-month suspension as an investment adviser and a $50,000 fine.

the only bonus he will be collecting is his unemployment insurance.

Slap on the wrist. How much did he make in 2007-2010?

>Slap on the wrist. How much did he make in 2007-2010?

actually he wont pay it. your firm pays your fines. they also pay all your legal fee's unless its a criminal charge, which this was not.

I do not know this guy but as a PM in that group id venture to say he made about 10mill a year for many years.

he is laughing at this fine and you. but you knew that.
John Frusciante

If you guys are so smart how come you tanked the economy? Oh, maybe it was deliberate, to enrich yourselves and your buddies.

I'm angry at assholes who crashed the world's economy by feeding their own greed.

you guys? im a plumbing fixture salesmen.
John Frusciante

It's exactly about being bankers. When large banks have the ability to tank the country, it's a problem.

its hard for me to understand the thought process of grown men and women who think something as complex as our economy could be "tanked" by one group.

I just cannot relate to anyone who thinks it was one factor or group who caused the problems we face. Whether they think it was barney frank or the evil bankers.

People like that must find the world a very frustrating place. of course, maybe im wrong. maybe i would be happier if i could just single out someone and hate them for all of the problems. i doubt it though.
John Frusciante

>People like that must find the world a very frustrating place.

I think they find it a very simple place. It's all Obama's fault. (Or Barney Frank's, or Al Gore's.) Simple and no tiring thought required.

You mean this simple?

"It is the bankers fault?"

Hmmm

guess you are right

No thought required
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think they find it a very simple place. It's all Obama's fault. (Or Barney Frank's, or Al Gore's.) Simple and no tiring thought required.

That must be why we've been hearing "It's Bush's fault" for the last 2.5 years.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That must be why we've been hearing "It's Bush's fault" for the last 2.5 years.

He really does have a simple world, no thought required point, it seems
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Then one must look to the world. It wasn't just here. It was everywhere.

And like it or not, the governments LOVED it. Nobody loved the property bubble more than local governments, who saw increases in property tax revenues. Or the federal government that brought in massive revenues.

There are plenty of assholes to go around. Check out the assholes in Greece who play General Ripper to ensure that a Mutually Assured Destruction scenario occurs with the economy of Greece and the word. Check out the protesters - going on strikes and rioting because they don't want the gravy train to stop. Check out the bankers who won't lend because greece is such a massive risk of default. check out the EU, who want to see increased taxes AND austerity, which creates a double whammy of bad news.

Of course, the protesters blame the bankers for not bailing them out. And they blame the government for not having enough money. But strangely don't blame themselves....

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And like it or not, the governments LOVED it. Nobody loved the property bubble more than local governments, who saw increases in property tax revenues. Or the federal government that brought in massive revenues.

There are plenty of assholes to go around. Check out the assholes in Greece who play General Ripper to ensure that a Mutually Assured Destruction scenario occurs with the economy of Greece and the word. Check out the protesters - going on strikes and rioting because they don't want the gravy train to stop. Check out the bankers who won't lend because greece is such a massive risk of default. check out the EU, who want to see increased taxes AND austerity, which creates a double whammy of bad news.

Of course, the protesters blame the bankers for not bailing them out. And they blame the government for not having enough money. But strangely don't blame themselves....

Greece had less to do with tanking the world economy than AIG, or for that matter Moody's and S&P did. Then after losing $61B in one quarter the AIG execs awarded themselves bonuses totaling $218 million.

Even Charles Krauthammer said "I would deny them the bonuses if possible. I would be for an exemplary hanging or two. Have it in Times Square, invite Madame Defarge. You borrow a guillotine from the French and we could have a party."

Greece had less to do with tanking the world economy than AIG, or for that matter Moody's and S&P did. Then after losing $61B in one quarter the AIG execs awarded themselves bonuses totaling $218 million.

Even Charles Krauthammer said "I would deny them the bonuses if possible. I would be for an exemplary hanging or two. Have it in Times Square, invite Madame Defarge. You borrow a guillotine from the French and we could have a party."

I think the bankers could learn something from French history late 18th cnetury version.... No cake.... no head. The 99% need to eat and not only cake... American Aristocracy should take note of history.

I think the bankers could learn something from French history late 18th cnetury version.... No cake.... no head. The 99% need to eat and not only cake... American Aristocracy should take note of history.

And so the woman who blamed Republicans and Tea Partiers for shooting of Democrats because you thought that what they said on Talk Radio and campaign issues was incendiary (which turned out to be as baseless as it was vile) is now calling for beheadings.

There's a psychological term called "transference."

More good news!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/world/europe/markets-tumble-as-greece-plans-referendum-on-latest-europe-aid-deal.html

Yeah. The People of Greece will vote down plans by the bankers to seize more control of the Greek economy. It looks to me like Papandreou's intent in this is to let the government fall while he gains popularity with the Greek people. Let them kill Greece!

Greece has been circling the drain. Now there's a chance to put a rag in the drain to at least slow the loss, and the PM plays politics. He'll be fired if he just approves it. The people will riot. So put it to them! The legislature KNOWS a vote will be certain death because it's the equivalent of putting a vote to ban heroin to the junkies.

Greece will default, pull out of the EU, and print their own money to pay off the debts.

Good show, Greece! Congrats on sticking it to Wall Street and those bankers and the right-wing capitalists!

And so the woman who blamed Republicans and Tea Partiers for shooting of Democrats because you thought that what they said on Talk Radio and campaign issues was incendiary (which turned out to be as baseless as it was vile) is now calling for beheadings.

There's a psychological term called "transference."

I seem to recall that the French also rid themselves of the lawyers too...

Its called complicity.. perhaps you should look that one up