mardigrasbob

Why do some people feel the need to post hurtful statements?

I'm sorry about your loss, Bob.
I suppose it happens in every forum to some extent, but it's most prevalent in Speaker's Corner. A lot of people in here deal with it by simply staying away from the SC forum, and sticking with the other forums. What you don't read, won't upset you. Maybe that approach would work for you.

i dont wonder when a poster disagrees with you, they'll start searching the net if you had any dirty laundry.. and post it.

what i dont understand in that instance, how or why that certain poster wasnt banned alltogether, and the posts in question to be removed.. epic mod fail!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I suppose it happens in every forum to some extent, but it's most prevalent in Speaker's Corner. A lot of people in here deal with it by simply staying away from the SC forum, and sticking with the other forums. What you don't read, won't upset you. Maybe that approach would work for you.

was there a problem in SC on this matter? I saw the complaint, but not the source. I had presumed this was related to something in Incidents.

was there a problem in SC on this matter? I saw the complaint, but not the source. I had presumed this was related to something in Incidents.

I was just presuming/speculating that it was SC because he referred to hurtful comments. But yes; subject to other info from Bob, I suppose it could have been any forum.

To clarify: Yes it was Incidents, and the anger came from Catfishhunter's post, but meanness and callousness seems to be the 'order of the day' everyday. Sorry for being a whiney-ass but my emotions were raw. That said; realizing that people are not machines and that your statements are going to be read by many should be considered. Blue ones

SC has gone down hill from when I first came across it. Lots of people no longer post. It's a loss.

Ya...the biggest loss was nerdgirl.

I can't say I make the forum better, but it's fun.

I think this should be for entertainment purposes only...if you really have the need to come here and have a meaningful conversation and feel you're gonna change the world by posting here...you got problems.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

SC has gone down hill from when I first came across it. Lots of people no longer post. It's a loss.

Ya...the biggest loss was nerdgirl.

I can't say I make the forum better, but it's fun.

I think this should be for entertainment purposes only...if you really have the need to come here and have a meaningful conversation and feel you're gonna change the world by posting here...you got problems.

you - you mean you DONT!?!?!? :o

:(
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda