stevebabin

For the intelligent Christians...

I just point out their illogical conclusions and ask questions so that maybe someone reading it will realize how sensless religion is....

Oh, just pushing your non-beliefs off on others. Keep hammering away and maybe they'll come around to your way of thinking.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Can you kindly explain how someone's personal beliefs affect YOUR life?

I've done this many times. Belief in imaginary gods hurts us all. There are several examples in the attachment I'll include for your benefit. We'd be farther along as a society if we would ditch the fantasy of religion.

You didn't say how any of this affects YOUR life.

Some good points in there for general consumption that appear to support your point. But they seem to all be about man's deeds not the religion itself.

Men interpret. Interpretations change over time. Ideas evolve. It's a natural process as far as I know. It goes for science and politics as well as religion. Politics have done much more long-term damage to the world than religion has, IMO.

There's nothing in your example that says that religion didn't evolve along with the science. A more reserved and thought-out response to scientific advancements? Yes. A complete hold-up like your example would have us believe? No.

Can you not accept that religion offers comfort to so many people? You would deny them that comfort whether or not it's based on your idea of reality?

The analogy is heroin and heroin addicts.

Very poor analogy, Steve.

The one valid, IMO, argument presented by the anti-religious is the point of mixing religion and politics.

I'm glad we found something we can agree on!!:)

We've always agreed on that.

Hope this wasn't too vitriolic for your taste. I'll try to be nicer in the future when I try to explain why religion is better left in the past.

Now we're getting into discussion as opposed to blind argument. Much more preferable.

I'll remember to include things like religious wars,(past and present), the retardation of scientific advancement, denial of women's rights, women's clinic bombings, Doctor killing, suicide bombing, honor killings, and the like so that you can understand my position more clearly...

Better not go there to those things, eh? They are all, IMO, acts of stupid-assed people...not any one religion itself. If it was the religion, then one would have to question why is it that not ALL religious people conduct themselves in that manner.

And yes, I do agree that ALL those bozos often times use their "religion" as a excuse to do all those bizarre things....much like politicos use their party agendas to betray us on a regular basis. I can't bring myself the blame the religion. I blame the stupid-assed bozos themselves. I can't blame "space research" when an ex-astronaut goes bonkers over a broken relationship.

It's not hard to understand that there are good people and bad people throughout all walks of life...all having their own agendas...and there are innumerable agendas.

(well, here's where the door gets opened for JK to pipe in about the word "innumerable" and the validity of its application here.
:D:D)

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. There's a lot of crap going on in the world that I would rather not see, too.

I just don't agree with your methodology nor that your push is in a direction that is going to get positive results.
- asking for proof of the unprovable
- blaming religion for the acts of bozo people
- trying to push anti-religion down the throats of others
- doing what you are accusing others of doing
- assuming that any one way is the only "right" way

Ahhh, maybe I'm just a fucking nut-job and missed the last comet out of town. My luck it was probably a dinner flight, too.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'll try to be nicer in the future when I try to explain why religion is better left in the past. I'll remember to include things like religious wars,(past and present), the retardation of scientific advancement, denial of women's rights, women's clinic bombings, Doctor killing, suicide bombing, honor killings, and the like so that you can understand my position more clearly...

Ya, because when all the religious people are all gone, God knows that all the Stalins, and all the Jim Joneses, and all the Mussolinies, and all Ze Dongs and all the Alfred Kinseys and all the Tamil Tigers of the world will just live happily ever after....

Give it a rest Babin.

I thought it was your turn to take a rest...
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

I'll try to be nicer in the future when I try to explain why religion is better left in the past. I'll remember to include things like religious wars,(past and present), the retardation of scientific advancement, denial of women's rights, women's clinic bombings, Doctor killing, suicide bombing, honor killings, and the like so that you can understand my position more clearly...

Ya, because when all the religious people are all gone, God knows that all the Stalins, and all the Jim Joneses, and all the Mussolinies, and all Ze Dongs and all the Alfred Kinseys and all the Tamil Tigers of the world will just live happily ever after....

Give it a rest Babin.

I thought it was your turn to take a rest...

...and let you stink up this place without me? I dunno, I'll try.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Give it a rest Babin.

Eh?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Give it a rest Babin.

Eh?

Sex is very very bad>:(>:( Did nobody tell you? Sex is the cause of all of humanities problems, I can pretty much guarantee that without it, within a generation all our problems would disappearB|
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Give it a rest Babin.

Eh?

Freudian slip.:P
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."