stevebabin

For the intelligent Christians...

Your "feelings" are not proof of god at all.

You STILL off on that "proof" idiocy?
For God's sake, man, WAKE UP!
It's embarrassing!

As long as the "true believers" claim their myth is real I'll continue asking for proof. (Yes, it's understood that there is no proof, or even mere evidence for that matter...the exercise is meant to coax them closer to reality for all our benefit.)
You don't like it...Oh well.:|
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

It's embarrassing!

Asking proof for the existence of God has indeed gotten very old, or to be more precise, claiming that God exists without providing proof for that claim has gotten very old. The fact that the request "Prove to me that God exists" has been repeated ad nauseam & ad infinitum through the centuries, doesn't make the request any less valid. And since you don't strike me as a complete idiot, you know this.

In case I'm mistaken about you, her's a little cartoon to clarify things a bit:

http://godlesspaladin.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/logic.jpg?w=500&h=519

It's embarrassing!

Asking proof for the existence of God has indeed gotten very old, or to be more precise, claiming that God exists without providing proof of that claim has gotten very old. That the request "Prove to me that God exists" has been repeated ad nauseam & ad infinitum through the centuries, doesn't make the request any less valid. And since you don't strike me as a complete idiot, you know this.

In case I'm mistaken, a little cartoon to clarify things a bit:

http://godlesspaladin.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/logic.jpg?w=500&h=519

:D:D
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

It's October 21. Shouldn't you have left already?

All the real physicists left already. Only the arrogant ones were left behind.
:P

Lame. Is that your best smear?

No physicist predicted the world would end Oct 21.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

:D:D:D

Except for asking for physical proof while knowing full well there can be none...and then clapping hands while chanting, "See? See" I told you so!"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Why do you think religion is exempt from needing any supporting evidence to back up their claims?

Holy shit. This has been said God knows how many times.
Take note that the "claim" on which the religiophobes are standing is that God does not exist which is the foundation of their rants.

Asking for physical proof when there is none is pointless.
Basing a religiophobe rant on that is not only pointless, but rather shallow...even mindless.

Surely you anti-religion guys can come up with something more logical and reasonable, eh?

It's October 21. Shouldn't you have left already?

All the real physicists left already. Only the arrogant ones were left behind.
:P

Lame. Is that your best smear?

No physicist predicted the world would end Oct 21.

No plumbers did either that can be shown...or Popes or Presidents or...well, you get the idea.

King of "smears" complaining about "smears" ....

Sorry about the quality....I'll try to do better next time, eh?
;)

You reap what you sow. Don't take things so personal...unless, of course, the "smear" is true, eh?

Do you have any input on the topic at hand in the thread?

As long as the "true believers" claim their myth is real I'll continue asking for proof. (Yes, it's understood that there is no proof, or even mere evidence for that matter

Well, see? THAT'S what is so confusing. You say you understand the "no proof" but you keep asking...kind of pointless, IMO.

Kinda like hounding a girl for a date when she's already told you 202,176 times to fuck off.

...the exercise is meant to coax them closer to reality for all our benefit.)
You don't like it...Oh well.:|

Liking/not liking has nothing to do with it.
Can you kindly explain how it is that anybody's religious beliefs are required to benefit you?

Can you kindly explain how someone's personal beliefs affect YOUR life?

Can you explain why you are so vitriolic in your anti-religion comments?

Can you not accept that religion offers comfort to so many people? You would deny them that comfort whether or not it's based on your idea of reality? I'm sorry, Babin....that's just hateful. Downright hateful.

The one valid, IMO, argument presented by the anti-religious is the point of mixing religion and politics. But even that is misdirected when the rants are directed at the religion instead of the people doing the mixing.

I see your point, but when people make ridiculus claims like this.

When He returns, it will be to judge the world against the standard of His holiness. He will not be coming in peace as a friend for those who don't know him. Whether or not He cares about all the crosses everywhere will be the least of your concern. However, I have no idea why He would be offended by a cross.

I am going to point out how they have no evidence to support their insane claims. If they want to be taken seriously then they need to come up with some evidence. Otherwise their god and religion is no better then the Greek or Roman gods. It is true it's a pointless argument since the religous are way too emotionally invested in their beliefs to see any logic. But that is what arguing over the internet is all about. It's mildly entertaining.

Religious beliefs affect us all in the same way Santa Clause does.

I wish it did. But religion has shaped many of the laws here in the US. Belief in Santa Clause gets us a few days off every year and gets people to buy each other gifts for no other reason but tradition.

Except for asking for physical proof while knowing full well there can be none...

I really don't see why it is impossible to prove the existence of an existing god. For instance, the Christian God didn't keep his existence a secret according to the bible. I should be very easy to prove the existence of Jaweh by recording all the miracles he supposedly performs....

Or in other words, your point is moot, now provide me with proof for the existence of God.

Religious beliefs affect us all in the same way Santa Clause does.

I wish it did. But religion has shaped many of the laws here in the US. Belief in Santa Clause gets us a few days off every year and gets people to buy each other gifts for no other reason but tradition.

But not all religious people believe that it is healthy for politics and religion to be mixed the way it is in the USA.

Fundamentalism is different to religion and it hurts us all. I see a difference between questioning people on their beliefs, and trying to change their beliefs. In all honesty people who try and change others beliefs come across as condescending and arrogant.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Those religous people are in the minority. Just try to run for a major office as an atheist.

I have no interest in trying to change anyones belief nor do I have any illusion of that working at all. I just point out their illogical conclusions and ask questions so that maybe someone reading it will realize how sensless religion is

Well, see? THAT'S what is so confusing. You say you understand the "no proof" but you keep asking...kind of pointless, IMO

Answered in the very next line, which you quoted:
"...the exercise is meant to coax them closer to reality for all our benefit"

Can you kindly explain how someone's personal beliefs affect YOUR life?

I've done this many times. Belief in imaginary gods hurts us all. There are several examples in the attachment I'll include for your benefit. We'd be farther along as a society if we would ditch the fantasy of religion.

Can you explain why you are so vitriolic in your anti-religion comments?

See above. It's important to me.

Can you not accept that religion offers comfort to so many people? You would deny them that comfort whether or not it's based on your idea of reality?

The analogy is heroin and heroin addicts. Would you deny them recreatiional use of something that brings them so much comfort? That's how hateful it is.

The one valid, IMO, argument presented by the anti-religious is the point of mixing religion and politics.

I'm glad we found something we can agree on!!:)
Hope this wasn't too vitriolic for your taste. I'll try to be nicer in the future when I try to explain why religion is better left in the past. I'll remember to include things like religious wars,(past and present), the retardation of scientific advancement, denial of women's rights, women's clinic bombings, Doctor killing, suicide bombing, honor killings, and the like so that you can understand my position more clearly...

Can you not accept that religion offers comfort to so many people? You would deny them that comfort whether or not it's based on your idea of reality? I'm sorry, Babin....that's just hateful. Downright hateful.

Just as other people say that coming to terms with not believing in god brought them great peace of mind: so all those preachers and proselytisers out there are equally 'hateful'. Why don't you go tell Jay how hateful he is?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'll try to be nicer in the future when I try to explain why religion is better left in the past. I'll remember to include things like religious wars,(past and present), the retardation of scientific advancement, denial of women's rights, women's clinic bombings, Doctor killing, suicide bombing, honor killings, and the like so that you can understand my position more clearly...

Ya, because when all the religious people are all gone, God knows that all the Stalins, and all the Jim Joneses, and all the Mussolinies, and all Ze Dongs and all the Alfred Kinseys and all the Tamil Tigers of the world will just live happily ever after....

Give it a rest Babin.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Why do you think religion is exempt from needing any supporting evidence to back up their claims?

Holy shit. This has been said God knows how many times.
Take note that the "claim" on which the religiophobes are standing is that God does not exist which is the foundation of their rants.

Nope. That is a totally bogus statement which has been debunked countless times.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

...but when people make ridiculus claims like this.

When He returns,.....

I am going to point out how they have no evidence to support their insane claims.

Well, one could look at it as a person stating his opinion and beliefs and let it go at that.

One could also get upset thinking that someone is trying to convince you of something you don't believe in.

Well, one could point out that "ridiculus " to you may not be "ridiculus" to others. It's a shame that one would expect me to shape my life depending on how others shape theirs.
(copy/paste on the word)

There is no need for anyone to show proof of any kind to justify their belief in anything.

The non-believers here are really not concerned with the proof at all. They are only concerned with, "You are wrong and I am right."

Well, the problem with that is that when it comes to physical evidence, nobody right now knows a damned thing for sure one way or the other. Yet the non-believers sure believe that they are right, don't they? It may well be that it turns out, "Ooooops. There IS God and he's pissed. I'm fucked."

It is true it's a pointless argument since the religous are way too emotionally invested in their beliefs to see any logic.

I don't see nearly, not even closed to, the level of emotional investment from the religious as I do the naysayers.....here or anywhere....such hate spewing.

Some of the people in here make Jerry Falwell and company appear as mere babes in the woods when it comes to pushing their beliefs. Ironic? You betchya.

For some reason, it seems to be a life-threatening event for some to have beliefs of any sort other than NON-belief.

But that is what arguing over the internet is all about. It's mildly entertaining.

Entertaining, sad, sometimes scary...it's scary what some of these haters come up with...I'd be afraid to be near them if they had a weapon in their hands...no telling what they would do.

Ahhhh but, whatever. Religion bashing has become the rage nowadays. It's the next big thing. So, let's all follow the crowd and baaaaa along with the music.

Except for asking for physical proof while knowing full well there can be none...

I really don't see why it is impossible to prove the existence of an existing god. /reply]

Well Good! Show us how!
Show us something that would satisfy anyone whomsoever!

(is whomsoever really a valid word?:D)