stevebabin

For the intelligent Christians...

Or it could be that God is more concerned with our righteousness and where we will spend eternity than all of the other trivial things we come up with.

don't be self-contradictory - if your diety is omni(potent/scient), it would have no need or desire to prioritize

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>don't be self-contradictory - if your diety is omni(potent/scient), it would
>have no need or desire to prioritize

If God is really omnipotent and omniscient, can't he create an issue so trivial that he can overlook it?

I suspect that only It can answer that question.

Edit: I also toyed with response "Is that a rhetorical question?" but I thought it would only play with about 10% of the readers.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Fables and fairy tales. Max. There's no truth in Genisis. You taking meaning from it is about you(and your indoctrination) and not about how "special" the bible is.

Maybe so , but I for one never argue with success. The answers found in the Bible have enabled millions of people to live fulfilled and successful lives over the millennia that would have other wise wasted their existence.

If anyone wants to know how to heal, listen to all 16 hours of what this guy has to say.

http://www.divinerevelations.info/Documents/Healing/JGL/JGL_Ministries.htm

Apply it to your life, and start seeing results

even if you aren't a Christian you can surely find some answers or atleast something to debate about
I am ALIVE!

>The answers found in the Bible have enabled millions of people to live
>fulfilled and successful lives over the millennia that would have other wise
>wasted their existence.

Agreed. The Koran has enjoyed a similar level of success.

Well we're not talking about the Koran, are we? You always do that...:D

...got passive aggression?

btw, there are many immigrant muslim american women in detroit/dearborn where this is not the case...many have expressed disdain for the hostility, hate and anger displayed in their mosques and the oppression against their women.

Many muslim women have been seen sneaking christian literature underneath their garbs at fesivals and social events unbeknownst to their husbands...They are seeking a God of peace, love and hope...It is time for Christians to quit all the bullshit and finally deliver for once.

There is hardly any vocal evangelism because of pressure/requests from authorities to keep quiet so as to keep the peace...so you see...we really don't have to do much. God has brought these women to us, and we don't even have to talk to them...all we need is to show the patience and love God has given us.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Fables and fairy tales. Max. There's no truth in Genisis. You taking meaning from it is about you(and your indoctrination) and not about how "special" the bible is.

Maybe so , but I for one never argue with success. The answers found in the Bible have enabled millions of people to live fulfilled and successful lives over the millennia that would have other wise wasted their existence.

My life isn't any worse without the Bible or God. You will need evidence to back up this claim that with out the Bible their life would have somehow been worse.

My life isn't any worse without the Bible or God. You will need evidence to back up this claim that with out the Bible their life would have somehow been worse.

You will never know how nice it is inside until you come in, and then once there you will never want to leave.

You will never know how nice it is inside until you come in, and then once there you will never want to leave.

Sorry, Max, but that sounds like all the other weak ineffective arguments put forth by people who can't back up their claims with anything real. You seem to be among the more reasonable on the religious side of things, but even you must know that your arguments won't stand up to the most basic scrutiny. Your "feelings" are not proof of god at all.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Sorry, Max, but that sounds like all the other weak ineffective arguments put forth by people who can't back up their claims with anything real. You seem to be among the more reasonable on the religious side of things, but even you must know that your arguments won't stand up to the most basic scrutiny. Your "feelings" are not proof of god at all.

We don't need proof to believe in God.

To us, it's as obvious as the man standing outside your window right now...

You're right anyone can believe anything regardless of evidence or proof. Doesn't mean anything they believe in actually exists no matter how many people believe. To really confirm your belief you need evidence that can be tested and reproduced by anyone. There is no proof or evidence of any god anywhere. There is no evidence that believing or disbelieving has any effect on the quality of life.

Just because you believe something to be real doesn't mean it is. The human mind often sees things that aren't really there. Illusionists take advantage of this all of the time. That is why humans came up with science. Science is used to really examine the world around us and filter out those things that are just old wives tales and bring to light what the world is really like. It's much better then just relying on an ancient text.

Science is used to really examine the world around us

Yes, science is a great way to expole the physical world around us...and eventhough we have only scratched the surface, I find it rather intriguing.

This of course has nothing to do with exploring spirituality and God if you feel so inclined to do so, regardless of what people might think of you.

Why does spirituality or god get a pass on this?

How do you know the Muslims don't have it right and Christianity has it wrong? Or maybe the Hindus have it right? Or the Shinto?

Why would spiritualism and deitys get a pass from scientific analysis? Is it just because you are emotionally invested in Christianity?

Why does spirituality or god get a pass on this?

How do you know the Muslims don't have it right and Christianity has it wrong? Or maybe the Hindus have it right? Or the Shinto?

I have explored the wisdom of many religions my son...my journey has yet to culminate...

Why would spiritualism and deitys get a pass from scientific analysis?

Hey, if you want to study spirituality from a scientific stnadpoint as best you can, then knock yourself out...you might learn something.

From a scientific stand point there is no evidence of spiritualism or any deity.

Why should there be? Doesn't science deal with the physical.

All they can know is that Billions of people have this inate desire to know God, and science still has yet to prove that desire is the result of some type of evolutionary benefit...

So your belief is that because humans came up with this idea of god that there must be a god? That spirituality exists because lots of people believe it? The number of people that believe in something doesn't make it any more real.

I think you have it a bit skewed. I think it's fairly clear that humans came up with the idea of gods to explain what they didn't understand. It's pretty evident in the number of natural occurances like lightning that were once attributed to gods. I see gods and spiritualism as mans struggle to explain the unexplained with out having to think very hard about it. Science on the other hand requires much more thinking and intelligence. So science is not nearly as popular as religion.