stevebabin

Religion and Politics...

...in one thread!

Any thoughts on what this guys has to say about us Americans?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c59_1315409677

I think there are those right here in SC that would be giddy at the melding of our government with the religious sect of their choice!!!

The American version of the Taliban is just a couple elections away if these goat fuck stupid fuckers have their way.:S:S:S

This guy is a hate filled ignorant, attention seeking piece of shit. His views are abhorrant and based on nothing but blind hate for anyone who believes in God regardless of any other criteria. If he doesn't like America or the way you do politics then don't go there, maybe he'd prefer Godless China or the old Soviet system.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This guy is a hate filled ignorant, attention seeking piece of shit. His views are abhorrant and based on nothing but blind hate for anyone who believes in God regardless of any other criteria.

(are you sure you're not talking about me? ;))
You called him ignorant...Ignorant of what, exactly?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Ignorant as in lacking respect for others views and beliefs. He talks rubbish about Christianity and spouts nonsense like comparing Obama to Jesus or the Devil. Starting an argument with 'Its well known' and following it up with a generalization of 260 million people is ignorant.
Stating that Jesus is getting the Republican nomination is ignorant. He claims that Obama is a European by instinct, that is ignorant on so many levels is laughable. Ignorant of European culture and the political make up of the continent, not to mention an assumed political cohesiveness that simply does not exist regardless of a European parliment.
He assumes that the rest of Europe follows the same system as the UK, yet another example of his ignorance. He throws statistics around like bird feed but cites no sources for them, one can only conclude that either he made them up or the source of his 'facts' are so unreliable as not to be cited. Or mor likely he is just ignorant of the fact that stats are worthless without intellectual provenance.
His ignorance of statistical analysis leads him to believe that 83% of Americans believe that the Bible is the word or God, rather than 83% of respondents to whatever survey he is supposedly quoting from. Further to this his ignorance of the processes of critical thinking mean that he apparently has not asked any questions of the study sample or its potential bias not the data collection methodology. He simple starts his hate filled diatribe with a claim that attempts to manipulate the audiance into blind agreement with his emotive and irrational claims which he attempts to give validity to by ample use of unsupported statistical figures as 'evidence' for his shonky predjudices.
he is the Atheist equivilent of the TV evanglical extremists that he hates so much. Seeing as he hates America and Europe maybe he will do us all a favour and bugger off to Afghanistan and tell the Taliban what he thinks of them in person, his final video would be his best.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ignorant as in lacking respect for others views and beliefs. He talks rubbish about Christianity and spouts nonsense like comparing Obama to Jesus or the Devil. Starting an argument with 'Its well known' and following it up with a generalization of 260 million people is ignorant.
Stating that Jesus is getting the Republican nomination is ignorant. He claims that Obama is a European by instinct, that is ignorant on so many levels is laughable. Ignorant of European culture and the political make up of the continent, not to mention an assumed political cohesiveness that simply does not exist regardless of a European parliment.
He assumes that the rest of Europe follows the same system as the UK, yet another example of his ignorance. He throws statistics around like bird feed but cites no sources for them, one can only conclude that either he made them up or the source of his 'facts' are so unreliable as not to be cited. Or mor likely he is just ignorant of the fact that stats are worthless without intellectual provenance.
His ignorance of statistical analysis leads him to believe that 83% of Americans believe that the Bible is the word or God, rather than 83% of respondents to whatever survey he is supposedly quoting from. Further to this his ignorance of the processes of critical thinking mean that he apparently has not asked any questions of the study sample or its potential bias not the data collection methodology. He simple starts his hate filled diatribe with a claim that attempts to manipulate the audiance into blind agreement with his emotive and irrational claims which he attempts to give validity to by ample use of unsupported statistical figures as 'evidence' for his shonky predjudices.
he is the Atheist equivilent of the TV evanglical extremists that he hates so much. Seeing as he hates America and Europe maybe he will do us all a favour and bugger off to Afghanistan and tell the Taliban what he thinks of them in person, his final video would be his best.

BRAVO! :)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ignorant as in lacking respect for others views and beliefs. He talks rubbish about Christianity and spouts nonsense........

Bingo!

Kinda like several dZ.commers....one in particular.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Thanks for your thoughtful input.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Ignorant as in lacking respect for others views and beliefs.

He should respect other views and beliefs the same way you respect his?

That's already the case. People tend to give what they get, and I doubt the people he criticizes have much respect for his "views and beliefs".

The American version of the Taliban is just a couple elections away if these goat fuck stupid fuckers have their way.

Oh boy, Amazon is back! I look forward to more of your high-quality and informative posts.

I am sure you are John

How does that go... oh yeah..... SIUCC:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That's already the case. People tend to give what they get, and I doubt the people he criticizes have much respect for his "views and beliefs".

When people demand respect for the views and beliefs of others, they usually really mean they want respect for their own views and beliefs. The people who demand respect the loudest usually tend to be rather disrespectful towards the views and beliefs of others. Apparently they also fail to understand that the very demand for respect for views and beliefs is generally disrespectful towards the views and beliefs of those the demand is made at.The whole "respect the views and beliefs of others" is getting old real quickly. Respect has to be earned, not demanded.

I don't really mind if people are religious, hell my best friend is a Christian, but respect? Puh-lease, we ignore each others views and beliefs and/or joke about it, but we sure as hell understand there's no mutual respect in that department. And ironically that's the most respectful it can get, me thinks.

When people demand respect for the views and beliefs of others, they usually really mean they want respect for their own views and beliefs. The people who demand respect the loudest usually tend to be rather disrespectful towards the views and beliefs of others. Apparently they also fail to understand that the very demand for respect for views and beliefs is generally disrespectful towards the views and beliefs of those the demand is made at.The whole "respect the views and beliefs of others" is getting old real quickly. Respect has to be earned, not demanded.

I don't really mind if people are religious, hell my best friend is a Christian, but respect? Puh-lease, we ignore each others views and beliefs and/or joke about it, but we sure as hell understand there's no mutual respect in that department. And ironically that's the most respectful it can get, me thinks.

boy, are your wrong :P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The American version of the Taliban is just a couple elections away if these goat fuck stupid fuckers have their way.

Oh boy, Amazon is back! I look forward to more of your high-quality and informative posts.

Me too ;)

Anyhow, that'll be a great variety to your usual No/Yes polls.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

boy, are your wrong

Care to explain yourself?

actually
I was just being a pest by telling you, you are wrong. Hense the :P.

Most of your post, not all, I agree with
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hes an Atheist he has no belief, unless you consider atheism to be a belief system in which case that would be a religion in its own right. I respect his right to believe in nothing at all but I maintain the right to an opinion of my own. The difference is that I have not set up a series of angry hateful videos all over the internet decrying and denigrating those who chose to believe in no God.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hes an Atheist he has no belief, unless you consider atheism to be a belief system in which case that would be a religion in its own right. I respect his right to believe in nothing at all but I maintain the right to an opinion of my own. The difference is that I have not set up a series of angry hateful videos all over the internet decrying and denigrating those who chose to believe in no God.

Aw, you're just jealous of the fact that he's kind of witty.

I don't get the impression that Pat is trying to convert anyone, he just takes the opportunity to make fun of the weak-minded. Not very politically correct, I'll grant you, but entertaining to those not afflicted with superstition.

BSBD,

Winsor

Hes an Atheist he has no belief, unless you consider atheism to be a belief system in which case that would be a religion in its own right. I respect his right to believe in nothing at all but I maintain the right to an opinion of my own.

Strictly spoken atheists can have beliefs, the only criterium to be an atheist is that you don't believe in god(s). An atheist can still believe in souls or an afterlife for instance. However, Pat C. seems to be one of those atheists that lack believe in anything. But he does have views, and if you respect his views that must mean your definition of "respect" is quite different from mine.

The difference is that I have not set up a series of angry hateful videos all over the internet decrying and denigrating those who chose to believe in no God.

Oh, I'm sure you don't, but if you really managed to miss the tons of religious manure other believers dump over the heads of non-believer on YouTube (or the rest of the Internet for that matter) I'm not shocked to see a riled up atheist making similar vids. I also keep in mind that Pat C. is in fact a comedian that uses hyperboles and such to get his message true. I'm not agreeing with him on many points, but he doesn't make it all up, and he's quite witty too.

People should really stop being butt-hurt all the time when they see something offensive. In an open society everyone is offended all the time, and if one actually chooses to be offended it's the problem of the one offended, not the one who offended. If Christians or Muslims want to be respectful to others, the might consider to start with removing all the offensive material from their holy books. Why should I respect a religion that claims that I'm a fool for not believing in God, and that I'm only able to do evil?