skinnay

Republicans Boo Gay Soldier

So how many years have you served in the military?

What does that have to with his opinion?

let me take a stab. Regulator is/was in the military, and disagrees that gays should be allowed to serve openly. he thinks that if you haven't served, you have no way of forming a valid opinion about this issue in his eyes.

am I close?

How about this. I WAS in the military for 6 years (10 if you count the air force academy). Does this make my opinion more valid? good. My opinion is that DADT was discriminatory, placed people in "setup" situations, and ran many good and honorable soldiers out of the armed forces. I'm glad it's gone and i have no idea why anyone would want to deny ANY person his right to defend our country if that's what they want to do.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Wow I thought skydivers werent the type to speculate. But here you are putting words in my mouth. Its completely fascinating how you want to put my face in the dirt can call me a dirty bastard (like how I put words in your mouth?) Of all the years you served in the Air Farce how many of those were spent manning a M-16 in a combat zone? I'm telling you right now sex WONT matter in a situation like that. Furthermore, you want your entire team to come back alive NO MATTER WHAT their sexual disposition is. You depend on them just as much as they depend on you. Personally with you flaunting your status from on top of your pedistal forming everyone elses opinions before they can speak of them only makes you just as guilty of being a tool as the people booing. The reason why I asked about if he served in the military was to see if the OP had ever been apart of something greater than themselves. But who needs to find stuff out like that when you have followers like you. I dont need your input to display what my morals are. THANK YOU COME AGAIN.

Once again another follower jumping on my back. Thats ok I can take it. See, I personally dont have a problem with gays in general, much less the military. Its not what you do back in garrison, its what you do when you see your friend step on an IED. Its about how someone handles the pressures of being in combat. I dont have a problem with anyones sexual orientation, but some in the government speculate (just like you did of me) whether gays will be able to handle the stresses like straight soldiers. You wanna know why not that many women are in combat zones? Because, yet again more government officials think that if you see a woman blasted to bits in front of you that you will suddenly become a pussy and lose your will to fight. I think that there will be a time when EVERYONE will have to be fighting for their lives and we ALL will have to band together to survive. But don't worry I wont hate on you then, because I'll have more important issues to deal with.

Once again another follower jumping on my back.

No, I asked what someone's military status has to do with their opinon on the subject? Does it lend their opinion any credibility? I did not "jump" on your back.

I dont have a problem with anyones sexual orientation, but some in the government speculate (just like you did of me) whether gays will be able to handle the stresses like straight soldiers.

Gay dudes handle it just like us straight folks.

You wanna know why not that many women are in combat zones? Because, yet again more government officials think that if you see a woman blasted to bits in front of you that you will suddenly become a pussy and lose your will to fight.

True, but I think it has more to do with the physical make-up of men and women. Men can go from 0 to 60 much faster than women and are better suited for the physical demans of combat. Do a little research on SNS and PNS levels. But we're talking about gays here, not women in combat.

If it lends any credibility, after 8 years in the Marines, 30+ countries, and a few deployments, I've fought along with gay Marines and soldiers who stood their ground with the best.

>Of all the years you served in the Air Farce how many of those were spent manning
>a M-16 in a combat zone?

Careful with the "I'm real military and you're not" thing. Take that attitude and you might find someone who has seen real combat (and come back in more than one piece) schooling _you_ on what it means to be in the military.

Funny, I heard more people clapping than I heard booing.

Correct. I saw this on TV. There were only a few people booing, and the people that were clapping were doing so in support of the gay soldiers, and to drown out the boo'ers. So the idea that there were a large number of republicans doing this booing is a lie. The thread title is a mischaracterization.

But once again, why let the truth get in the way of a good 'ol conservative bashing.

There were only a few people booing, and the people that were clapping were doing so in support of the gay soldiers, and to drown out the boo'ers.

That is a lie. A few people boo when the soldier's video finishes - and no one applauds to drown them out.

The applause only starts when Santorum states his opposition to removing DADT, saying it would give "special priviledges" to gay soldiers. Which is also a lie and a mischaracterisation.

But once again, why let the truth get in the way of a good 'ol conservative bashing.

Because it is the truth.

something you are entirely unencumbered with in your good ol' conservative defence.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In my opinion the people that booed were disgraceful and Un-American. .

Expressing your disdain for homosexuality makes one disgraceful and un-American?????

Kinda like religious people are to be seen and not heard???

Kinda like if you don't agree with me then STFU????

Hmmmmmmm
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

In my opinion the people that booed were disgraceful and Un-American. .

Expressing your disdain for homosexuality makes one disgraceful and un-American?????

Kinda like religious people are to be seen and not heard???

Kinda like if you don't agree with me then STFU????

Hmmmmmmm

The bottom line is that if you're gonna boo a soldier who is fighting for your freedom, then you're more of a fag than he is...and ya, you have that right.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Booing the soldier is what is wrong regardless if he was gay or straight or if he was religious or not or whatever. I served during Vietnam. Some of the returning troops were booed and spat upon in airports when they returned home by those who opposed the war. Equally as wrong and Un-American.

To boo him was wrong... To prop up homosexuality is equally wrong ...
You cannot perpetuate the species doing this.

Considering that the existence of homosexuality is reflected in the earliest recorded history, I really don't think the human race is at any risk of extinction.

and, i would not want to shower with a gay. (i might drop the soap ) ;)

Have you ever showered in a public locker room in your life? Then I can pretty much guarantee that you've showered with "a gay" plenty of times, without even realizing it. So the problem is not with the reality, it's with what's inside your own head. BTW, were you harmed? Accosted? How's Uranus?

To boo him was wrong... To prop up homosexuality is equally wrong ...
You cannot perpetuate the species doing this.

Considering that the existence of homosexuality is reflected in the earliest recorded history, I really don't think the human race is at any risk of extinction.

and, i would not want to shower with a gay. (i might drop the soap ) ;)

Have you ever showered in a public locker room in your life? Then I can pretty much guarantee that you've showered with "a gay" plenty of times, without even realizing it. So the problem is not with the reality, it's with what's inside your own head. BTW, were you harmed? Accosted? How's Uranus?

I didn't ask and the didn't tell....hmmm.;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What does that have to with his opinion and observation?

Santorum said "any type of sexual activity has no place in the military"

....so a troop can't bang his spouse or bf/gf?

Pretty sad indeed that the soldier got booed and Santorum got claps.

Whoooooshhhhh.........

You have completely missed all the problems this is going to create.

First of all, troops don't need to be bangin' each other on the battle field. You obviously don't know all the extra drama that creates. While in Iraq, a male and a female in my security detachment were "bangin". The female starts talking to one of the guys they are supposed to be protecting, and now threats start going back and forth. The guys that are supposed to be protecting me are now threatening me in a jealous rage. Do you see anything wrong with this picture? It would be funny if it didn't really happen.

Second of all, now boyfriends can sleep together in the same room, girlfriends can sleep together in the same room, but boyfriend/girlfriend can't. Do you think that won't create any animosity? We might as well co-ed the barracks rooms/ showers at this point. But they shouldn't be sleeping together anyway. See above.

Good order and discipline are a must in the military. Without it, people get hurt or worse. If you don't understand that bare necessity, you don't understand the issue.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

First of all, troops don't need to be bangin' each other on the battle field. You obviously don't know all the extra drama that creates. While in Iraq, a male and a female in my security detachment were "bangin". The female starts talking to one of the guys they are supposed to be protecting, and now threats start going back and forth. The guys that are supposed to be protecting me are now threatening me in a jealous rage. Do you see anything wrong with this picture? It would be funny if it didn't really happen.

That's nice. Now do you have anything to say about DADT?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What does that have to with his opinion and observation?

Santorum said "any type of sexual activity has no place in the military"

....so a troop can't bang his spouse or bf/gf?

Pretty sad indeed that the soldier got booed and Santorum got claps.

Whoooooshhhhh.........

You have completely missed all the problems this is going to create.

Second of all, now boyfriends can sleep together in the same room, girlfriends can sleep together in the same room, but boyfriend/girlfriend can't. Do you think that won't create any animosity? We might as well co-ed the barracks rooms/ showers at this point. But they shouldn't be sleeping together anyway. See above.

Good order and discipline are a must in the military. Without it, people get hurt or worse. If you don't understand that bare necessity, you don't understand the issue.

Wow, I wonder how the following countries have managed to deal with the issues he doesn't understand.

Countries allowing gays in the military:

1.1 Albania
1.2 Argentina
1.3 Australia
1.4 Austria
1.5 Bahamas
1.6 Belgium
1.7 Bermuda
1.8 Canada
1.9 Republic of China
1.10 Colombia
1.11 Croatia
1.12 Czech Republic
1.13 Denmark
1.14 Estonia
1.15 Finland
1.16 France
1.17 Germany
1.18 Greece
1.19 Republic of Ireland
1.20 Israel
1.21 Italy
1.22 Japan
1.23 Lithuania
1.24 Luxembourg
1.25 Malta
1.26 The Netherlands
1.27 New Zealand
1.28 Norway
1.29 Peru
1.30 Philippines
1.31 Poland
1.32 Romania
1.33 Russia
1.34 Serbia
1.35 Slovenia
1.36 South Africa
1.37 Spain
1.38 Sweden
1.39 Switzerland
1.40 Thailand
1.41 United Kingdom

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.