Skyrad

Why is Texas so different?

>Luke 22:36: He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a
>bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

?? Are you trying to prove that Jesus taught his followers to kill thieves? Good luck! Lots of people have tried to use the Bible to justify killing. Fortunately, nowadays most of them fail.

>On the way to hell the Texans who eat cheeseburgers get put on hold for bigoted
>dumbasses who dont like Texans 'just because' they come from Texas, without
>knowing anything about the person they are.

I take it you now understand how these threads get off track so quickly!

On the way to hell the Texans who eat cheeseburgers get put on hold for bigoted dumbasses who dont like Texans 'just because' they come from Texas, without knowing anything about the person they are. Let me know when you need some help getting off your high horse.

Yeah. High horse about texans. Thats me. All you texans are belong to us.:P
Remster

I dont recall getting on any of these forums talking shit about anyone elses state (of confusion). So I'm just supposed to sit idly by while a bunch of pussies sitting on their computers run their mouths about something to which they have no idea of? Yeah thats not gonna happen. How about talking about an aspect of texas Texans actually have control over....like being fat or too conservative. Lumping all texans into a single category because of something like the death penalty not only makes these people look like spineless douchbags...it reiterates it.

I wasnt replying to Billvon specifically...he was just the last on the list.

>On the way to hell the Texans who eat cheeseburgers get put on hold for bigoted
>dumbasses who dont like Texans 'just because' they come from Texas, without
>knowing anything about the person they are.

I take it you now understand how these threads get off track so quickly!

No-one forces him to read them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So is it about deterrence or is it about justice?

Yes.

Then I guess this part was just a lie:

It's not about deterrence, in my opinion, it's about justice.

Nice try dude, but surely you know you're missing the really obvious reason why 'yes' doesn't mean 'yes'.:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>So I'm just supposed to sit idly by while a bunch of pussies sitting on their
>computers run their mouths about something to which they have no idea of?

No, feel free to bitch; that's sort of what this forum is for.

But to answer your question before - posts like yours are why threads get off track. Everyone wants to add their two cents, and the thread drifts away from whatever the original subject was.

I realize that you may not know that cheese is a dairy product

not a lot of the cheese served up lately......:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Lumping all ....... into a single category because of something like the ........... not only makes these people look like spineless douchbags.....

geez, with that criteria, we wouldn't have Speaker's Corner

then all people could write about is skydiving and boobies

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

On the way to hell the Texans who eat cheeseburgers get put on hold for bigoted dumbasses who dont like Texans 'just because' they come from Texas, without knowing anything about the person they are. Let me know when you need some help getting off your high horse.

Um, I think the reformed Canuckian was kidding.

I like Texas, but there's just too many damn Texans there.

And chill...I'm kidding...really...:)

Do you know that in Huntsville, Texas, there is a "prison museum" with one of the original electric chairs known as "Old Sparky." http://www.txprisonmuseum.org/

I recall that even in the town square, they have a statue of an electric chair.

And it's the whole last meal thing is most likely going to be overturned at the next meeting of the legislature.

The biggest growth industry in Texas during the 1990s was not oil, but in private prisons. Dick Cheney had a significant hand in this... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3485581/Dick-Cheney-charged-over-abuse-in-private-prisons.html

Unfortunately, prisons have become big profit and has perhaps consciously or subconsciously resulted in an expansion of penalties in Texas.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Do you know that in Huntsville, Texas, there is a "prison museum" with one of the original electric chairs known as "Old Sparky."

The biggest growth industry in Texas during the 1990s was not oil, but in private prisons. Unfortunately, prisons have become big profit and has perhaps consciously or subconsciously resulted in an expansion of penalties in Texas.

Yuma, AZ has an old west prison museum, but I don't think they still put a ball and chain on prisoners in AZ and make them live in caves dug into the earth. And those barbarians in California actually give tours to Alcatraz so people can visit like it's some kind of amusement park. Can you believe that? How insensitive!

Oh my gosh, Texas also has a holocaust museum: http://www.hmh.org! Texans are rounding up Jews in concentration camps and massacreing them! Someone's got to do something!

And Texan's kill people for profit too! Woohoo! If you'll just pay us even more to save the life of the death row prisoners, then that will be more profitable than executing them, and we'd be happy to accomodate you. How much money is a murderer's life worth to you? Let's put them up for auction! Bidding starts at $5,000. Winning bidders get their name on a brass plaque.

Texans also roast hispanic babies on a spit, but that's supposed to be a big secret, so don't go spreading it around, okay?

If you are a christian, you are against the death penalty. Right?

Wrong:

Exodus 22:2: "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Does that mean Christians also support selling their daughters into slavery and the death penalty for eating shrimp or a cheeseburger?

I know that the 'ham' part of 'hamburger' confuses you, but hamburger is beef and not pork.

Mixing dairy (cheese) and meat is not allowed. I realize that you may not know that cheese is a dairy product and that you are therefore confused.

No... you don't mix seafood and dairy!

:)

Chuck

Wrong:

Exodus 22:2: "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Does that mean Christians also support selling their daughters into slavery and the death penalty for eating shrimp or a cheeseburger?

I know that the 'ham' part of 'hamburger' confuses you, but hamburger is beef and not pork.

Mixing dairy (cheese) and meat is not allowed. I realize that you may not know that cheese is a dairy product and that you are therefore confused.

Chuck

Tell that to the lox and cream cheese brigade! ;)
Remster

>Luke 22:36: He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a
>bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

?? Are you trying to prove that Jesus taught his followers to kill thieves? Good luck! Lots of people have tried to use the Bible to justify killing. Fortunately, nowadays most of them fail.

Some folks use The Bible to justify just about everything! [:/]

Chuck

Wrong:

Chuck

Tell that to the lox and cream cheese brigade! ;)

Forgot about them. :$

Chuck

Every place is different than every other place - and every place is special. Some people just don't deal well with places different than their own. I call it placism.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Wrong:

Instead of snipes at someone confusion, you should re-read yourself: he said cheeseburger. You know, the dairy/meat combo. Evil devil stuff.

He just picks and chooses which biblical verses to quote and which to ignore, based on his personal biases.

Surely not? (Sorry I won't call you Shirley again).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I dont recall getting on any of these forums talking shit about anyone elses state (of confusion). So I'm just supposed to sit idly by while a bunch of pussies sitting on their computers run their mouths about something to which they have no idea of? Yeah thats not gonna happen. How about talking about an aspect of texas Texans actually have control over....like being fat or too conservative. Lumping all texans into a single category because of something like the death penalty not only makes these people look like spineless douchbags...it reiterates it.

I wasnt replying to Billvon specifically...he was just the last on the list.

So are Texans generally very fat? (I've never net a Texan before).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca