DiverMike

Allow Last meal Requests for Condemned

I think it's petty. And compared to the cost of the actual execution it's nothing.

*I support capital punishment if the person is guilty without a doubt.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

They quit serving steak for last meals in Texas almost 20 years ago. They never did serve lobster or anything like that. Brewer just gave a great big finger to the world with his request by not eating it.

That said, there was an interesting article in today's paper saying that the granting of the last meal is almost as much for the people who have to put him to death, as it is for the condemned. The idea being that if they show some humanity, it preserves their humanity.

Something to be said for that. I think we should leave it up to the jailers.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

two chicken fried steaks, a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, fried okra, a pound of barbecue, three fajitas, a meat lover's pizza, a pint of ice cream and a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts.

and

two pounds of bacon, a large four-meat pizza, four fried chicken breasts, two drinks each of Mountain Dew, Pepsi, root beer and sweet tea, two pints of ice cream, five chicken fried steaks, two hamburgers with bacon, fries and a dozen garlic bread sticks with marinara on the side.

That, is just taking the piss.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

They quit serving steak for last meals in Texas almost 20 years ago. They never did serve lobster or anything like that. Brewer just gave a great big finger to the world with his request by not eating it.

That said, there was an interesting article in today's paper saying that the granting of the last meal is almost as much for the people who have to put him to death, as it is for the condemned. The idea being that if they show some humanity, it preserves their humanity.

Something to be said for that. I think we should leave it up to the jailers.

Wendy P.

They are murdering someone... and since most of them purport to be "christians"... I hope their conscience knaws at them to their dying days. Let them stand in the presence of the Lord and try to justify their crime against humanity and the Lord.

Let them stand in the presence of the Lord and try to justify their crime against humanity and the Lord.

Many crimes against humanity have been and continue to be perpetrated in his name.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo