RonD1120

Gov. Brown vetoes bill to restrict military funeral pickets.

In fact, Jerry Brown is far more of a hero than the schmuck soldiers schlepping around Afghanistan (who're doing nothing for American Freedom, but are keeping profits up for defense contractors).

Making statements like that is not wise.

Sounded like sarcasm from here.

James

Making statements like that is not wise.

It may not be wise, but no matter how douchey someone's opinion is, and this one is certainly douchey, they still have the right to say it. I love that about our country, no matter how assholish I think some people who exercise their rights may be.

BTW, nice veiled threat. Kinda douchey, though.

No threat from me. My point is, some of those vets from Afghanistan are sport parachutists. I doubt they would take kindly to being considered as "schmucks schlepping around Afghanistan."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No threat from me. My point is, some of those vets from Afghanistan are sport parachutists. I doubt they would take kindly to being considered as "schmucks schlepping around Afghanistan."

Guess what? Some of the posters here are vets from Afghanistan. I can assure you at least one of them doesn't like being called a schmuck. However, that same poster does like the fact that his service, in some very small and perhaps imperceptible way, helped preserve an asshole's right to say what he thinks.

- Dan G

Guess what? Some of the posters here are vets from Afghanistan. I can assure you at least one of them doesn't like being called a schmuck. However, that same poster does like the fact that his service, in some very small and perhaps imperceptible way, helped preserve an asshole's right to say what he thinks.

No argument there.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No, I do not. And, BTW, women who suffer the misfortune of a miscarriage are not likely to see such misguided protesters. Also, those ladies know the loss of their child was not the result of their ungodly decision.

If they're Christian, isn't it a given that God was behind it, and punishing them for sin?

>>And yet I bet you support the rights of abortion protesters to post pictures of
>>dismembered fetuses outside health care centers. How do you think that makes
>>people who have miscarriages feel?

>No, I do not.

Cool. So you'd support a law that would restrict anti-abortion protests near healthcare centers?

>And, BTW, women who suffer the misfortune of a miscarriage are not likely to see
>such misguided protesters.

Hard to avoid when they do it on streets that parents and children use regularly:

===========================
Signs at Kitsap Anti-Abortion Protests Offend Some Passers-By

By Chris Henry
Posted April 3, 2009 at 12:01 a.m.

BREMERTON — Jessica Bothwell of East Bremerton has taken to covering her 7-year-old's eyes when they drive along Riddell Road on their way to his school. She doesn't want her son to see graphic images of human fetuses carried by Kitsap County members of the international 40 Days for Life movement.

The anti-abortion group holds an annual 40-day Lenten demonstration in front of the Bremerton Planned Parenthood clinic. The demonstration is expected to end Sunday.

This year, organizers agreed protesters could chose to carry pictures of bloody fetuses obtained from the Center for Bioethical Reform, a national anti-abortion organization. The signs have also been used in protests in Silverdale, Poulsbo and South Kitsap.

"I've always been one to say 'To each his own. Do what you've got to do.' But this one particular thing is very upsetting," said Bothwell, who is worried children riding buses to nearby schools may be troubled by the images.

"Frankly a few times driving by it's moved me to tears. ... This particular sign is not going to bring them the attention they want."

. . .

Some members of 40 Days for Life are also part of another local anti-abortion group, the Kitsap Anti-Choice Project. This group routinely uses graphic images to make its point. The purpose, according to its Web site, is to decrease public tolerance for abortion by presenting unsettling images.

"People get very upset," said Michael Ferman, a member of both groups. "They should be upset that it's going on."
=========================

I fail to see the relationship of Prop 8 and this thread.

To use a term coined by President Nixon - "The Silent Majority"!

No matter how offensive the actions of the WBC are the fact of the matter is that their cause is a popular one. A majority of voters in California passed Prop 8 because they believe in the same thing that the WBC does. Without the "conservative base" the WBC would just be a group of fringe lunatics, but they're not, they're just a symptom of a "silent majority" who while not supporting the method, do support the cause. The OP being a perfect example.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

In fact, Jerry Brown is far more of a hero than the schmuck soldiers schlepping around Afghanistan (who're doing nothing for American Freedom, but are keeping profits up for defense contractors).

How do you know they are schmucks? They don't choose where they are sent to fight. They signed up to defend a country where you and your "hero" can run your mouths off.

Hard to avoid when they do it on streets that parents and children use regularly:

Well, now that you've forced me to consider a broader issue, I'd have to say that it is good for children to learn what murdered fetuses look like. Maybe it will help them to be more careful later in life.

This is an issue of preserving life. The other, that is the WBC, is an act of disrespect to a grieving family.

If the WBC wanted to hold their protests at a recruitment depot, no problem. I would still be pissed off at them but, hey free speech and all that.

My final answer, Gov Moonbeam is a wuss and the Patriot Guard Riders ride with respect and honor.

There are over 250K PGR members nationwide. The WBC is losing regardless of any other factor.

>I'd have to say that it is good for children to learn what murdered fetuses look like.

Then I'd have to say it's good for family members to see what hateful Christians look like. Even if it upsets them.

>This is an issue of preserving life.

Whose life was preserved here?

==================
Husband confronts abortion protesters

After activists yell at his wife outside a clinic, he gives them a piece of his mind and videotapes the whole thing Video
By Tracy Clark-Flory
Monday, Oct 25, 2010

We're used to seeing videos of anti-abortion activists spewing venom in front of women's clinics, but rarely do we get to see the tables turned. Thanks to Aaron Gouveia, now we do.

He and his 16-weeks-pregnant wife went to a women's clinic in Brookline, Mass. for an abortion after discovering that their baby had a congenital deformity with no chance for survival. On their way in, they were confronted by images of dismembered fetuses and two women yelling, "You're killing your unborn baby!" Enraged, Gouveia decided to confront the protesters while his wife was in surgery, and he caught the whole interaction on his cellphone. In an essay for The Good Men Project, he admits to feeling a bit "foolish for getting so heated" in the moment, but who can blame him? Not to mention, any foolishness on his part is overshadowed by the Christian protesters' decidedly un-Christ-like behavior.
==================

>The other, that is the WBC, is an act of disrespect to a grieving family.

And the above is a good example of a truly disgusting display of disrespect to a family who had just lost their child.

>My final answer, Gov Moonbeam is a wuss and the Patriot Guard Riders ride with respect and honor.

I think the Patriot Guard riders are great.

But decide whether you are OK with upsetting others for your political stands. If you are, then those abortion protesters can show those children pictures of dismembered babies, and the Westboro Baptists can say that "Thank God for dead soldiers" at funerals - and you'd best support people like "Gov Moonbeam" who protect our rights to do such things.

If not, if you want such protesters silenced, then your anger at people who support free speech is defensible.

There are over 250K PGR members nationwide. The WBC is losing regardless of any other factor.

the answer to bad speech is more speech. And per you, that's exactly what's happening.

So why does Brown need to trample on first amendment rights when you've already solved the problem?

How do you know they are schmucks? They don't choose where they are sent to fight.

Exactly.

They sign up to go wherever the politicians send them (instead of signing up for a job where they know the sort of work they'll be doing, who their co-workers are, and the office location).

Sixty years ago that meant to fight Axis forces which had actually attacked America. Until the Soviets went bankrupt trying to keep up with us 20 years ago it may have been to protect us from a rather large military.

Since then they've gone where directed as projections of politicians' personal power and/or quid pro quo to the PACs and 0.4% of American individuals paying for election campaigns.

They signed up to defend a country where you and your "hero" can run your mouths off.

They signed up to follow orders which hasn't been the same thing for decades.

In WWII one of my grandfathers signed up. The military was defending America against countries who attacked us on our home soil so he ended up protecting us flying around in a PBY Catalina looking for submarines that might attack us.

Today one of my cousins signed up. Apart from the Coast Guard which rescues boaters who are in trouble, today's military is playing in middle eastern sandboxes instead of doing useful work. He's schlepping around Afghanistan where he's not defending us against credible threats (I'm assuming the Afghanis haven't built a secret camel carrier that they're about to launch for an attack on the United States).

While I hope he doesn't get his ass shot off and will consider him a victim of our own government if he does, he's still a schmuck for falling for the advertising campaigns and other propaganda that keep the American military/industrial complex converting tax dollars into corporate profits.

>I'd have to say that it is good for children to learn what murdered fetuses look like.

Then I'd have to say it's good for family members to see what hateful Christians look like. Even if it upsets them.

>This is an issue of preserving life.

Whose life was preserved here?

The lives of unborn innocent children.

==================
Husband confronts abortion protesters

After activists yell at his wife outside a clinic, he gives them a piece of his mind and videotapes the whole thing Video
By Tracy Clark-Flory
Monday, Oct 25, 2010

We're used to seeing videos of anti-abortion activists spewing venom in front of women's clinics, but rarely do we get to see the tables turned. Thanks to Aaron Gouveia, now we do.

He and his 16-weeks-pregnant wife went to a women's clinic in Brookline, Mass. for an abortion after discovering that their baby had a congenital deformity with no chance for survival. On their way in, they were confronted by images of dismembered fetuses and two women yelling, "You're killing your unborn baby!" Enraged, Gouveia decided to confront the protesters while his wife was in surgery, and he caught the whole interaction on his cellphone. In an essay for The Good Men Project, he admits to feeling a bit "foolish for getting so heated" in the moment, but who can blame him? Not to mention, any foolishness on his part is overshadowed by the Christian protesters' decidedly un-Christ-like behavior.
==================

>The other, that is the WBC, is an act of disrespect to a grieving family.

And the above is a good example of a truly disgusting display of disrespect to a family who had just lost their child.

>My final answer, Gov Moonbeam is a wuss and the Patriot Guard Riders ride with respect and honor.

I think the Patriot Guard riders are great.

But decide whether you are OK with upsetting others for your political stands. If you are, then those abortion protesters can show those children pictures of dismembered babies, and the Westboro Baptists can say that "Thank God for dead soldiers" at funerals - and you'd best support people like "Gov Moonbeam" who protect our rights to do such things.

If not, if you want such protesters silenced, then your anger at people who support free speech is defensible.

I love how you attempt to compare apples and oranges to prove your point.

Goodnight billvon.

How do you know they are schmucks? They don't choose where they are sent to fight.

Exactly.

They sign up to go wherever the politicians send them (instead of signing up for a job where they know the sort of work they'll be doing, who their co-workers are, and the office location).

Sixty years ago that meant to fight Axis forces which had actually attacked America. Until the Soviets went bankrupt trying to keep up with us 20 years ago it may have been to protect us from a rather large military.

Since then they've gone where directed as projections of politicians' personal power and/or quid pro quo to the PACs and 0.4% of American individuals paying for election campaigns.

They signed up to defend a country where you and your "hero" can run your mouths off.

They signed up to follow orders which hasn't been the same thing for decades.

In WWII one of my grandfathers signed up. The military was defending America against countries who attacked us on our home soil so he ended up protecting us flying around in a PBY Catalina looking for submarines that might attack us.

Today one of my cousins signed up. Apart from the Coast Guard which rescues boaters who are in trouble, today's military is playing in middle eastern sandboxes instead of doing useful work. He's schlepping around Afghanistan where he's not defending us against credible threats (I'm assuming the Afghanis haven't built a secret camel carrier that they're about to launch for an attack on the United States).

While I hope he doesn't get his ass shot off and will consider him a victim of our own government if he does, he's still a schmuck for falling for the advertising campaigns and other propaganda that keep the American military/industrial complex converting tax dollars into corporate profits.

I stand corrected and hope that some of these so called schmucks get a chance to discuss it with you face to face. My guess is that you don't have the balls to call it like that with a couple Marines looking you in the eye.

James

[/quoteI stand corrected and hope that some of these so called schmucks get a chance to discuss it with you face to face. My guess is that you don't have the balls to call it like that with a couple Marines looking you in the eye*** I was never one for hard core inter service rivalry but please don't forget us Army folk.

[/quoteI stand corrected and hope that some of these so called schmucks get a chance to discuss it with you face to face. My guess is that you don't have the balls to call it like that with a couple Marines looking you in the eye*** I was never one for hard core inter service rivalry but please don't forget us Army folk.

No slight intended. I wonder if he considers Scott Campos a schmuck?

James

I think all militaries are ran that way, even the U.S. military during WWII.

So during WWII the Marines and Navy were not schmucks because they fought the Japs who attacked us, but the Army and whoever fought in Europe were schmucks because the Nazis didn't attack the U.S?

Is that right?

Only since WWII, eh? It's been that way for much longer than 60 years.

Was he fighting the Japs or the natzees? Schmuck or not.

Today one of my cousins signed up. Apart from the Coast Guard which rescues boaters who are in trouble, today's military is playing in middle eastern sandboxes instead of doing useful work. He's schlepping around Afghanistan where he's not defending us against credible threats

He signed up today and is already in country? Wow, that must be the new online boot camp.

Are all people in the military schmucks? Or just those who have deployed to the middle east?

You, fossg and lost_and_confused do my heart good. These wussy skydivers in the sport make me sick. No sense of nationalistic pride, no sense of responsibility, no cojones.

Thank you gentlemen, have a great weekend and enjoy the blessings of God.

You, fossg and lost_and_confused do my heart good. These wussy skydivers in the sport make me sick. No sense of nationalistic pride, no sense of responsibility, no cojones..

Right back atcha, Ron. An obvious troll for angry responses; but whatever.

Please stop posting your claims to love Jesus Christ and his Gospel, for that is clearly a lie.
The stuff you post is chronically hateful, mean-spirited and divisive. You clearly either enjoy or can't help yourself from reaching out publicly to make enemies.

Right back atcha, Ron. An obvious troll for angry responses; but whatever.

Please stop posting your claims to love Jesus Christ and his Gospel, for that is clearly a lie.
The stuff you post is chronically hateful, mean-spirited and divisive. You clearly either enjoy or can't help yourself from reaching out publicly to make enemies.

I respect you and your opinion. And, there is some truth in your statement. However, I could post that the sky is orange at sunrise and several posters here would jump my ass. So, I reciprocate from time to time.

I read your posts and see you jab in the same manner as me. In fact, you jab me often and have done so for over two years. So it goes.

Our main differences, as far as I can tell, is that you live in a world of conflict where winners are determined by the examination of facts. The guiding concepts or rules are federal and state statutes.

I live in a world of mental health where the socially acceptable expression of emotions are the goal. My guiding concepts are found in the Word of God.

Both the statutes and the Bible are constantly being studied for exact interpretation and application.

You play the ball and I am more interested in the player.

So far, the powers that be have allowed me to remain in the SC arena. If I get kicked out it is not my loss, just time for a change of venue.

I truly believe that in today's f****d up society everyone is just about to blow a fuse. If I can provide a ground for the charge before we experience a massive blackout I have done my job.

Yeah, I guess it is trolling but I believe in my motivation.

Without a doubt there are some truly fine people here in SC. However, there are several that really p*** me off.

You are one of the good guys. We just stand on opposite sides of the fence.

how did this thread manage to make it to 47 posts?

The Supreme court already ruled. And we have this funny thing called free speech.

Hate those fuckers if you want, but it does not do any good. As fucked up as they are, they can believe anything they want - like so many other people I know.

And they can stand on a street corner and say it. sucks but it is the way that it is.

You are making a large assumption for those who serve in todays or even yesterdays Armed Forces. This is unfair to us when we know for a fact that supporting and defending the Constitution is one of several mission statements of our jobs. Many posting here actually believe that defending Freedom is our only job and responsibility.:S And these idiots hold that against us and our mission when we perform jobs that aren't directly defensive in nature. Or sometimes consider us "ignorant children to protect from the evils of the Administration's doings" not knowing a god-damn thing about what they are saying. Some even accuse us as being ignorant puppets. They do not know shit about anything outside their own personal lifes and dare to judge us on this serious show of ignorance. There has never been a War or conflict where one can argue that we do not need to be there. Not even WWI or WWII. We elect to do the bidding of our elected officials. We do this because we are Men and Woman enough to own up to the Oath we have taken. This is generally very dangerous and can be accomplished by the few who are willing to take that risk; Not some arm-chair quarterback policy maker criticizing left and right from the protection of their laptops who don't have a third of the information. Sometimes our jobs directly supports and defends. However, you will never know what those are or even said missions occur and why. You only have CNN, FOX ect. ect. to give you any type of reporting. You are all full of shit in your assumptions.>:(>:(

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You are making a large assumption for those who serve in todays or even yesterdays Armed Forces. This is unfair to us when we know for a fact that supporting and defending the Constitution is one of several mission statements of our jobs. Many posting here actually believe that defending Freedom is our only job and responsibility.:S And these idiots hold that against us and our mission when we perform jobs that aren't directly defensive in nature. Or sometimes consider us "ignorant children to protect from the evils of the Administration's doings" not knowing a god-damn thing about what they are saying. Some even accuse us as being ignorant puppets. They do not know shit about anything outside their own personal lifes and dare to judge us on this serious show of ignorance. There has never been a War or conflict where one can argue that we do not need to be there. Not even WWI or WWII. We elect to do the bidding of our elected officials. We do this because we are Men and Woman enough to own up to the Oath we have taken. This is generally very dangerous and can be accomplished by the few who are willing to take that risk; Not some arm-chair quarterback policy maker criticizing left and right from the protection of their laptops who don't have a third of the information. Sometimes our jobs directly supports and defends. However, you will never know what those are or even said missions occur and why. You only have CNN, FOX ect. ect. to give you any type of reporting. You are all full of shit in your assumptions.>:(>:(

Thank you and, I agree wholeheartedly. Refer back to my post #44.

Andy9o8 et. al., believe that, as a Christian, I should not have these emotions or, at least not express them.

Well, I can remember when sport parachutists were mostly in the military. I started in the military. We were very patriotic. Things change, that's a given but, now the skydiving world, notice difference in terminology, is the playground of trust fund babies and yuppies. I guess yuppie is anachronistic but I don't know the current term for these types.

I am looking for allies when the poo-poo hits the fan. I hope I am wrong but, I think it is coming soon. When it does happen, many of the posters here will only be counted in the zone marked "The Protected."

God bless you and thank you for your service.