Skyrad

Building 7 WTC

Could you please reply to this question?

Well since you asked nice!

"Can you please explain to me why these same thousands of people, who pulled off the biggest conspiracy in the history of man, could not manage to plant a single WMD in Iraq? Or to a lesser degree, pull off the Valerie Plame outing?"

I don't know how familiar you are with the news but Valerie Plume was succesfully outed.
As far as Iraq and WMDs the US did place a large number of WMDs in Iraq. This is well documented
Where do you think Saddam got them?

...the steel in the towers was rated to maintain sufficient strength to support the structure even considering the temperatures which could have possibly been generated by the fires of 9-11 .

No, it was not. Now you are making things up...again.
Also, the towers were designed to withstand the impact of an airliner. An airliner at approach speeds, not at 500-600 knots and fully fueled.
Water at high velocity can cut steel very quickly. It happens every second of every day.
Aluminum can punch through steel when pushed at high velocity by tons of jet fuel. No surprise there to anybody with knowledge.
Of course the towers fell pretty much straight down. that's the direction gravity pulls and it was the easiest path once the columns started to fail from too much heat and too much stress caused by supporting members being destroyed at impact. A tall narrow column can support incredible loads as long as it is supported from buckling. But once those supports are gone (they were contained in the outer walls of the towers) there is virtually nothing to prevent failure.
99.99% of engineers will agree that, considering the damage from the collisions with the airliners and the heat from the fires, it was only a matter of time before the building collapsed. No explosives needed, no thermite, no magic. Just simple physics.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

***99.99% of engineers will agree that, considering the damage from the collisions with the airliners and the heat from the fires, it was only a matter of time before the building collapsed. No explosives needed, no thermite, no magic. Just simple physics.

Although I do respect the opinions of those who by hard work,dilligence, and personal discipline keep our railroads on time .., 100% of these engineers disagree with you www.Engineers for9-11truth.com

If your argument were sound, then there would be no reason for the fireproofing (heat resistant/insulating) material to be covering the steel of such buildings. The grill analogy shows there is no need for it, right?

Listen Sherlock , here is a clue.
Steel doesn't catch fire . It is by nature "fire proof" . That being said steel is a Most Excellent conductor of heat.
" Fireproofing" of steel is kinda of a misnomer.
The "fireproofing" is meant to keep the steel from transfering high temperature to adjacent combustible materials.

You FAIL !

I'll take being called Sherlock a compliment, although I'm sure that is not what you intended. You would then be Watson, the one that is easily fooled, so easily misled.

You are wrong about the purpose of the fireproofing coating. Of course it is a misnomer, but the purpose is to prevent loss of strength at high temperature. You are wrong about the ability of the airplane to damage the structure of the building. I think you are using your Watson like abilities when you take the basic premise that the towers were designed to withstand an airliner impact, but I would suspect that the anticipated speed were likely about half what happened (1/4th the energy), and that the fireproofing/insulating material being blown off the steel were likely not anticipated, and the effects of the prolonged fire were likely not part of the 'designed to withstand' airliner impact. My background is mechanical, not civil engineering, but this education does allow me to identify bullshit from quite a long distance. You, Watson, can't tell it is there when it is right under your nose.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

***99.99% of engineers will agree that, considering the damage from the collisions with the airliners and the heat from the fires, it was only a matter of time before the building collapsed. No explosives needed, no thermite, no magic. Just simple physics.

100% of these engineers disagree with you www.Engineers for9-11truth.com

They are a miniscule minority not worth considering.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Although I do respect the opinions of those who by hard work,dilligence, and personal discipline keep our railroads on time .., 100% of these engineers disagree with you www.Engineers for9-11truth.com

That has no importance, just as there are airline pilots and scientists that are part of the flat earth society, believe that the moon landings were faked...

Also, you are wrong about the buildings falling straight down. They did not fall straight down. They just did not fall in a manner in which your Watson-like intuition accepts.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Steel burns quite readily. It is far from fireproof.

No shit...last week I had a steel bonfire poking stick. It wasn't but 5 minutes in hot coals that I was able to beat it against a cinder block and deform it's appearance.

When I was in college, I worked for the UAW making axles...we had solid steel rods bake in a furnace for about 10-15 minutes before we forged or bent them into any shape we wanted...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

My background is mechanical, not civil engineering, but this education does allow me to identify bullshit from quite a long distance. You, Watson, can't tell it is there when it is right under your nose.

Oh so you are a heating and air guy! Why didn't you just say so?
The rest of us wouldn't have looked down on you too much.
OK we would have but might have held our toungues in check if we thought you could hook us up wit some R-12! LMOL!
A structural engineer is what we need to help us sort all this out. Not as you say a "civil engineer" !
And your mechanical engineer degree allows you "to identify bullshit".
I can do that and I don't have that mechanical engineer degree.
Would you like to guess what type of engineering degree I hold?

Again You FAIL!!

***I don't know the answers to the questions I asked you. I most certainly don't know what things you don't agree with in the "don't add up" category.

I asked the questions because some have asserted that it fell at freefall/near freefall acceleration. I say that it is critical to be more specific - to say how fast it did accelerate, and how fast it should have. Without that, then to say it fell too fast shows ignorance. So, have it if you can.

How fast *should* the buildings have collapsed seems to be your question.

The buildings were designed to withstand an airliner crash and resulting fires.
The buildings shouldn't collapse if those were the only factors so any speed of fall is way too fast.

Now if you add explosives to the equation and knock out the structural support I would agree that they fell at the exact speed one would expect.

That is a really lame dodge of the question. How close to 1g was it? The near freefall was supposed to be evidence of demolition of the levels below the impact, and that it would not have been so fast had the demolition not occurred. It seems that you are admitting that you're not buying into that. So that is one of the "doesn't add up" items that you are indirectly admitting you do think add up (it really is a big one). Any other "don't add up" items that you do accept?

My background is mechanical, not civil engineering, but this education does allow me to identify bullshit from quite a long distance. You, Watson, can't tell it is there when it is right under your nose.

A structural engineer is what we need to help us sort all this out. Not as you say a "civil engineer" !
And your mechanical engineer degree allows you "to identify bullshit".
I can do that and I don't have that mechanical engineer degree.
Would you like to guess what type of engineering degree I hold?

Again You FAIL!!

Tell us. Whatever engineering degree you earned, you have now disgraced. It should be revoked.