Andy9o8

Gun Raffle!!! Outrageous, or STFU?

From the OP's source:

In an interview on CNN's "American Newsroom," Pima County GOP Chairman Mike Shaw defended the raffle, saying it's a tradition the group has had for years.

I was thinking the raffle to be a bit insensitive until I got to the part saying they've had the raffle for years.

As kennedy mentioned - same brand, different model.

So, I guess I have to go with option #2, STFU.

Update:
2nd gun added to Pima County GOP raffle

"The Pima County Republican Party’s controversial gun raffle fundraiser was such a success that they ended up raffling off another weapon.

"The notoriety fueled such demand, said interim Chairman Mike Shaw, not only did the raffle for the Glock pistol sell out, but they subsequently raffled a deer rifle as well..."
Full story: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_dd0d96dc-d5c1-11e0-be4b-001cc4c002e0.html

A deer rifle? You mean like the ones Charles Whitman, the Texas Tower sniper, used to kill 16 people? The same kind of rifle which an evil hunter used to kill Bambi's mother? That kind of rifle? How thoughtless and insensitive of these b*st*rds to raffle off a weapon of mass destruction like this, which is used to cause so much terror and grief in our society, amongst both man and beast alike. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Wouldn't it be better if they raffled off copies of movies from Al Gore and Michael Moore? How about an offer of free tofu for a year? Maybe copies of Obama's books. Surely they can come up with something more friendly than a high-powered weapon.

How dare they not stop something they have done for years that has absolutely nothing to do with the shooting.

We should stop selling glocks all together in this country because of the shooting.

Not because guns kill people, just so we don't end up offending any one!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I wonder why some gun-o-phobe doesn't just buy a lot of raffle tickets in hopes of winning and taking another gun off the streets to prevent it from jumping out of a closet and going on a rampage.

I can only assume that you and John Rich both had the same deficient education in vocabulary.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I wonder why some gun-o-phobe doesn't just buy a lot of raffle tickets in hopes of winning and taking another gun off the streets to prevent it from jumping out of a closet and going on a rampage.

I can only assume that you and John Rich both had the same deficient education in vocabulary.

Oh my, kallend is getting annoyed that the word "gun-o-phobe" is spreading amongst the population here. How insensitive of us. He would prefer that we use the word "hoplophobe" instead, so that readers might think we're just a bunch of people who own guns because we're afraid of being attacked by wabid wabbits. Well gosh, kallend, if you don't like the words we use, exit the gun threads and don't read them! We have a 1st amendment right to use whatever words we want when talking about the 2nd Amendment. You, have the right to NOT listen to us. What a country!

Unfortunately, you DO have the right to insult people here, because the liberal moderators won't censor you. You should be content to have them on your side. Since you get a free pass on that, why be annoyed with a little thing like "gun-o-phobe"?

I hereby call for all the pro-gun people in this forum to sprinkle that word into any reply you make to kallend from here going forward. The best way to make him overcome his dislike of the word, is massive exposure to the word. Bring it out!

Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! GUN-O-PHOBE!

Yes, well you go right ahead and ASSume whatever you like. We'll just add your ASSumption to the long list of things you are also wrong about.

Edited to add: Gun-o-phobes.

Nice PA prefesser. Why don't you just call him a poopie head! From the halls of greateerrrrrrr akedemia.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I hereby call for all the pro-gun people in this forum to sprinkle that word into any reply you make to kallend from here going forward. The best way to make him overcome his dislike of the word, is massive exposure to the word. Bring it out!

Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! Gun-o-phobe! GUN-O-PHOBE!

You love your own brainstorms, right? It took some minutes ......

I'd call it a simple brain fart.

B|B|B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The same kind of rifle which an evil hunter used to kill Bambi's mother?

:D:D:D

Wouldn't it be better if they raffled off copies of movies from Al Gore and Michael Moore?

They want to make money John.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

...and what have you ever contributed to this forum other than verbal flatus?

Yeah.

Nothing like your smart contributions: One liners, followed by a one liner, new threads starting with a one liner of 2 - 6 words, followed by a link every idiot can dig out ... You are so right. In one line.

:P:ph34r::ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Another insensitive gun raffle!

News:
Firemen Raffle Firearms

"Raffles are a common way for nonprofits to raise money. What's uncommon is to have the prizes be firearms. That's exactly what the Kiowa Volunteer Fire Department is doing for its Halloween raffle...

"According to the Fire Department's Facebook page, the prizes are a High Standard HSA-15 rifle, Rossi Circuit Judge .410/.45 Colt 5 shot rifle, a Remington 887 Nitro 12-gauge shotgun and a Remington 700ML 54 caliber rifle.

"Tickets are $15 and only 600 will sold, giving buyers a one in 150 chance of winning. If all the tickets are sold, the volunteer firefighters will make about $9,000."
Full story: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/29084383/detail.html