jclalor

Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

well, an SAK is also a knive, i doubt tough you can use to for anything more than cutting sausage or your own fingers off.. :S

:o:o:o
what about opening the infamous "emincé de Porc aux Spätzli et champignons" can ? or applying corrections to your Stgw57 ? or help you push the cleaning pads in weird places ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

well, an SAK is also a knive, i doubt tough you can use to for anything more than cutting sausage or your own fingers off.. :S

:o:o:o
what about opening the infamous "emincé de Porc aux Spätzli et champignons" can ? or applying corrections to your Stgw57 ? or help you push the cleaning pads in weird places ?

gschtampfti jude!
thank god no-one understands this one here..
it's actually not even so bad as most people make, especially if you're HUNGRY..

all other applications are NON-lethal.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

it's actually not even so bad as most people make, especially if you're HUNGRY..

on the contrary of the Viandella cans which were horrible.

Yeah another application could be potentially lethal... Cutting the plastic off the Atomic-Bread, and eating it too fast after opening :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

on the contrary of the Viandella cans which were horrible.

Yeah another application could be potentially lethal... Cutting the plastic off the Atomic-Bread, and eating it too fast after opening :)

well, IMHO, that would just be pure FUN!!! >:(
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I say the jury was right on the mark with this one, they should have also been convicted of murder.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/jury-123946-burglar-lot.html

Now, it's ok to get high on meth and rob anyone you want.

What a bunch of bullshit. These scumbags got what they deserved.

The death penalty for a car stereo?

Next you're gonna say it's alright for drunk five year old's to be shooting burglars.

Who said that it was okay?
Hypothetical: Let's say... your son smoked some pot, maybe was drunk, or even doing meth. I catch him in my garage stealing my tools and I put a bullet into his head. Would you pat me on my back and claim that I did the right thing and that the scumbag got what he deserved? After all, a bullet in the head fits the punishment deserved for stealing some tools. Right? Or would you rather I held your son until the police arrive? Maybe even have a burglar alarm or video to catch him?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Who said that it was okay?
Hypothetical: Let's say... your son smoked some pot, maybe was drunk, or even doing meth. I catch him in my garage stealing my tools and I put a bullet into his head. Would you pat me on my back and claim that I did the right thing and that the scumbag got what he deserved? After all, a bullet in the head fits the punishment deserved for stealing some tools. Right? Or would you rather I held your son until the police arrive? Maybe even have a burglar alarm or video to catch him?

I would have been a failure as a parent, and you would have been protecting your family.

What is being stolen is irrelevant. IMO, if someone is on your property stealing anything they have forfeited their right to life. The damage that a thief causes is much more than just the loss of property. There is a psychological component as well. Everyone should feel safe in their home. As soon as you are burglarized that is taken away along with whatever property is stolen. Furthermore, there is always a progression. Most murderers have a history of robbery and other crimes. Stop them before they have a chance to escalate, and you may be saving someone's life that is actually worth saving.

I have zero sympathy for anyone that is willing to break in to another persons home or business for any reason. I fully support everyone's right to defend their home or business with lethal force.

And, yes I am prepared to shoot anyone in the head that makes the mistake of breaking in to my home. Although my two German Shepherds wouldn't let them get past the front door.

I would have been a failure as a parent

Not necessarily. Plenty of kids have gone astray, regardless how well the parents did. Plenty of kids have got back on the right track, once confronted with their actions.

you would have been protecting your family.

Unless the thief is in the house, he/she is not a threat. Come inside, and things could get bad. I would hope he or she would heed my warning.

The damage that a thief causes is much more than just the loss of property.

Back in 1983 my house was burglarized while I was at sea. They stole my stereo, all of my tapes, a Winchester Model 94, my Les Paul, all of my tools, bike parts, my scuba gear, and all the food and beer in the refrigerator. Was I mad? Hell yes I was. Called the police and filed a report. Got everything back, except for the tape and some bike parts. Hats off to Detective Fellows of the San Diego PD. More than a year later, they arrested the guy who did it.
In 1992 my truck, a 1980 GMC Sierra 3/4 ton, was stolen in Mississippi. Extremely nice truck. I put a lot into her. Had tools, tapes, clothes, and a few other things in it. Never got it back. I was mad, but not mad enough that I would kill for it.
An object is just an object. I'm not about to creep around a corner and kill someone for taking an object that can be replaced.
Also I likely doubt that you would be happy that someone killed your child for merely stealing an object. I know that I wouldn't be. I could more understand if he or she threatened to hurt or kill the homeowner, but to be shot without warning or shot after warning, but no attack on the owner is not excusable. To be shot while running away seems to be even worst.
At what point do we just toss out the police and the courts and just shoot whomever we feel is a threat? Cut me off in traffic? Fuck you! You could had killed me. Should be reason enough to kill someone. Right? You are trespassing on my property. You might be a murderer. Why should I wait to see if you are only passing through my backyard. Shoot to kill. Right?
Come into my house at night while I'm there, my attitude changes. If you fail to heed my warning and come at me, there will be a shot fired. At that point, what else can one do? It may be a kill shot or a warning. Either way I'll pull the trigger. Hopefully, I'll make the right decision.
Neil Young

What is being stolen is irrelevant. IMO, if someone is on your property stealing anything they have forfeited their right to life.

You do realize that if you're in a supermarket and you drop a jar of spaghetti sauce on the floor which breaks open and makes a huge mess that you are not required to pay for it. It's simply part of "the cost of doing business" that falls on the business owner.

Any business owner who deals with a lot full of cars whether it's an inpound yard, a car dealership, a repair shop, or a junk yard has to expect that they're not immune to theft. To suddenly decide that they as business owners have been granted the power to enforce their own moral beliefs by becoming judge, jury, and executioner is an example of someone with a God-complex who has lost the ability to think rationally.

If the person could think rationally, I'm sure they'd say that there was nothing in that yard that was worth $269,000.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

..have been granted the power to enforce their own moral beliefs by becoming judge, jury, and executioner is an example of someone with a God-complex who has lost the ability to think rationally.

that description would fit about 95% of the SC-posters..

:D:D:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

..have been granted the power to enforce their own moral beliefs by becoming judge, jury, and executioner is an example of someone with a God-complex who has lost the ability to think rationally.

Being an atheist, that means, to me, 95% of the SC-posters do not exist!:P
Neil Young

Being an atheist, that means, to me, 95% of the SC-posters do not exist!:P

hehe, maybe they're bots!? one is lead to think that anyway by most responses..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda