DanJohnson

What do you fear the most?

Personally I'm a true believer that there is never reason to fear.

...unless spiders are involved. No joke, we get those gnar sun-spiders and monster tarantulas out here in the desert. :| I don't know about you, but having one of those fuckers fall from the ceiling and land on my neck in the middle of of a movie one night was the **WORST** experience of my entire life. Hands down, I'd consider chasing my rig out of the plane then go through that experience again
Find your peace, though the world around you burns

***Either way you go, you're looking at more than 3K for a Baker 6 speed and more than 2K for a Jims.

Thanks . Those prices seem fair but I get a kinda freind of ours deal.

I'm just wondering if the Baker is that much better than the Jims.

I put an early Baker in a customers chopper a couple of years ago. She had the stock tranny on it. It was an 88TC A motor. Looked weird with the stock tranny as they are matted to the engine. had to do some alterations (and repaint) to the mount as it was set up for the stock unit. She also went with a Baker Fire-starter with a push button for a cleaner look. I liked the way it looked with the Baker. Shift really smooth and had that H-D feel and sound. Worked on a couple of Jims. One had a broken shifter shaft lever spring (same happened on my 91 Fatboy in 97.) The other was worn forks causing mis-shifts. The spring problem is just one of those things that just happens. The worn fork was most likely from speed shifting (not using the clutch, shifting on the redline.) I'm more impressed with the Baker for looks, feel, and overall durability. I do think the cost could be a bit lower. But their reputation is next to none. Just one fucking tough transmission.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

OK MODs, This can't possibly stay in SC, because this is too funny. :D

Has it ever worked in that direction? Not even the serious boobie thread worked that way.

Oh, well, it will get serious any minute, and have to get moved back, so don't bother :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Personally I'm a true believer that there is never reason to fear.

...unless spiders are involved. No joke, we get those gnar sun-spiders and monster tarantulas out here in the desert. :| I don't know about you, but having one of those fuckers fall from the ceiling and land on my neck in the middle of of a movie one night was the **WORST** experience of my entire life. Hands down, I'd consider chasing my rig out of the plane then go through that experience again

When we went TDY to Panama for a SERE jungle training gig.. one of the other instructors found this HUGE banana spider when we cut down a palm tree to get its heart for food. He made a pet out of the thing and carved out a comb for it from some black palm wood. He would sit there and groom the thing while we were in the shelter staying out of the torrential downpours. This was a huge thing the size of his hand across.
When we came back to the US he smuggled the damn thing back thru customs and on the flight by putting it inside his shirt. He kept it as a pet for a couple years till it died.

OK MODs, This can't possibly stay in SC, because this is too funny. :D

Has it ever worked in that direction? Not even the serious boobie thread worked that way.

Oh, well, it will get serious any minute, and have to get moved back, so don't bother :P

I love my gun.

There, forever destined to remain in SC forever.
Neil Young

I love my gun.

Now how does that quote go?
This is my rifle
This is my gun
One is for fighting, the other for fun

Nope, you said gun -- that's still Bonfire fodder :):ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bureaucratic automatons and people who are handed broad and largely unchecked regulatory power who operate on the fringes of legal or constitutional authority (either mindlessly or with an extreme socio-political agenda ...I don't know which is worse!). ---see the "Guitar Frets..." thread for an example. A lot of folks have become convicted felons, or have been exposed to that risk, because of a shortage of common, walking-around sense by incompetent people in positions of authority or by regulations imposed upon people by agenda-driven regulators.

I love my gun.

This is my rifle
This is my gun

Wendy P.

Holy crap, it took more than a minute before I got the joke:o:D
Adding fear of Alzheimer to my list of fears.
Neil Young

I love my gun.

This is my rifle
This is my gun

Wendy P.

Neil Young

I love my gun.

This is my rifle
This is my gun

Wendy P.

Neil Young

I love my gun.

This is my rifle
This is my gun

Wendy P.

That double-post was funny! :D:D:D You owe me a keyboard.

I worry about most everything on the list to varying degrees. But frar? Dosen't do any good to fear anything. Maybe it's just semantics but respecting dangerous things will generaly see you through. I probably worry most about sonething preventing me from keeping a promise or disappointing some one I care about.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Mostly that people in this world will continue to get worse. Selfishness, entitlement, lack of respect for others and just an overall negative attitude. I don't know if it just feels this way cause I am getting older, and I know I'm not perfect, but ugh- It's hard to go from one day to the next without running into one of those problems.

It's not just the politicians either. Everyday people, dudes driving down the road, etc. Everyone is so in a hurry to get wherever they are going, make more money than the next guy and people just don't care about anything anymore. I feel like people are running around going "I want! I want! I want!".

I more and more understand why my dad moved away from the city and doesn't really like being around a lot of people.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

People who are aspiring to be the President of this country, who believe the earth is 6000 years old and also have conversations with invisible people.

And this rash I have.

People who think that because a candidate is Christian, that they beleive the Earth is 6000 years old.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

People who are aspiring to be the President of this country, who believe the earth is 6000 years old and also have conversations with invisible people.

And this rash I have.

People who think that because a candidate is Christian, that they beleive the Earth is 6000 years old.

Not all, just the front running Republican. Who now appears to be all by himself, he has such a lack of a basic understanding of science that he is truly frightening. The whole world looks at us with amusement.

And this rash I have.

Not all, just the front running Republican. Who now appears to be all by himself, he has such a lack of a basic understanding of science that he is truly frightening. The whole world looks at us with amusement.

You've said the same about Bachmann - what's the matter, can't keep up with what bullshit you've said about what candidate?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706