jclalor

Republicans Propose New tax on Everyone but the wealthy.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out this one. All Republicans said that letting the Bush tax cuts on people making more than $250,000 expire, amounted to a tax increase. And in with keeping with their tradition of sucking the penis of Grover Norquist, refused to even consider it. Now when it comes to Obama's temporary payroll tax reduction that he wants to extend, they want to let it expire.

So they oppose raising the taxes on the rich, but are in favor of raising taxes on 99% of the population, go figure.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hcv66ONtPUG-K0C2EstqsYBU77yg?docId=5e01f49a8f5546578066437dd437299d

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out this one. All Republicans said that letting the Bush tax cuts on people making more than $250,000 expire, amounted to a tax increase. And in with keeping with their tradition of sucking the penis of Grover Norquist, refused to even consider it. Now when it comes to Obama's temporary payroll tax reduction that he wants to extend, they want to let it expire.

So they oppose raising the taxes on the rich, but are in favor of raising taxes on 99% of the population, go figure.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hcv66ONtPUG-K0C2EstqsYBU77yg?docId=5e01f49a8f5546578066437dd437299d

So, you're saying that the Dems are for under-funding Social Security?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So, you're saying that the Dems are for under-funding Social Security?

As opposed to underfunding the rest of the government?

It was a bad gimmick, but I don't see how they treat this expiration differently than the others. By the logic they've been using, it is a tax increase.

I think he's saying the Republicans are for underfunding America.

What they are for, is for America to fail. Increasing the taxes on the middle class will help them get the White House. If anyone thinks the Republicans would do anything to help the economy before the election is nuts.

It's right out of the playbook of Limbaugh.

That worries Rep. David Camp, R-Mich., chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, and a member of the House-Senate supercommittee tasked with finding new deficit cuts. Tax reductions, "no matter how well-intended," will push the deficit higher, making the panel's task that much harder, Camp's office said.

Nice. Give tax breaks to the oil companies and corporate America. Give tax breaks to the "job creators".

I wonder why Obama can't get America back to work over night? Geez, all of those job creators must be failing at their jobs. Well, let's see some creating!

it's right out of the playbook of "get re-elected". You never see anything "right" done by politicians. You always see the "get re-elected" thing done.

Yes, raising taxes a bit across the board might be the right thing to do now, but you're not going to see any politician vote for it if it directly affects the take-home pay of their expected voters.
--
Rob

Colbert eloquently pointed out the insanity of this on thursday's show. Essentially, letting the tax cuts expire would generate 700 billion, which many republicans dismiss as a drop in the bucket when it comes to our debt. But if you take the entire worth of the bottom 50% of americans, that amounts to 1.5 trillion dollars. Taking HALF OF EVERYTHING THEY HAVE would still only get you to the same 700 billion! Yet, the burden would be so much higher on those folks than the rich.

It really is insane.

Ignorance on display:D

I would ask you to prove this but I know you cant

Sad really
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The over spending will always result in underfunding

No amount of any kind of tax increase can fix this fact

Regardless of party
Abraham Lincoln

Sad really

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D

We much prefer your 96th percentile brilliance on display daily:ph34r::ph34r:

I would ask you to prove that.. but.......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D

Edited to give you your 1% I stole from you:ph34r:

What they are for, is for America to fail. Increasing the taxes on the middle class will help them get the White House. If anyone thinks the Republicans would do anything to help the economy before the election is nuts.

And you think what happened prior to the '08 election wasn't the same? Pot meet kettle.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Sad really

When the Dittohead says he wants Obama to fail, that can only happen one way, for America to fail. Do you really think Rush would for one second want to see this country prosper under Obama?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011609/content/01125113.guest.html

If I proclaimed myself to be a die hard Forty Niner fan, but I had a personal hatred for their new quarterback and wanted to see him fail at everything he does to see him get traded. And then I also wanted too see the team fail at everything to ensure they have a losing season to get him traded, I would then not be a true fan.

And you think what happened prior to the '08 election wasn't the same? Pot meet kettle.

Not nearly to this extent, and Bush managed to do it all on his own.

If I proclaimed myself to be a die hard Forty Niner fan, but I had a personal hatred for their new quarterback and wanted to see him fail at everything he does to see him get traded. And then I also wanted too see the team fail at everything to ensure they have a losing season to get him traded, I would then not be a true fan.

true fans would do or suffer just about anything if it could get the owners traded.

Your headline is misleading. This "tax" affects the each "wealthy" person by the maximum dollar amount, which is $2,136 per year. In fact, since many "wealthy" people are self-employed, and pay both sides of SS contributions, it hits them (myself included) for $4,272.

For the $50K/year guy working for xyz Corp, his hit is $1,000.

So explain how the wealthy are not included in this tax increase.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

true fans would do or suffer just about anything if it could get the owners traded.

Ain't that the truth! They want the team but don't want to shell-out the money it takes to buy good players. Like with the team I'm a fan of.[:/]

Chuck

Your headline is misleading. This "tax" affects the each "wealthy" person by the maximum dollar amount, which is $2,136 per year. In fact, since many "wealthy" people are self-employed, and pay both sides of SS contributions, it hits them (myself included) for $4,272.

For the $50K/year guy working for xyz Corp, his hit is $1,000.

So explain how the wealthy are not included in this tax increase.

I partially agree with you , as a percentage of income though, the wealthy will not even notice. This will be a much bigger burden on the middle and lower class, the exact plans of the Republicans.

the employer side was still paying the full 6.2%, so it's not double for the self employed.

I didn't see much outrage over this little payroll tax con game.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/articles/2008/03/06/top_iraq_contractor_skirts_us_taxes_offshore/

Your Republican pals at work.

Nice spin attempt - gotta love the lame attempt to tie it to Cheny, too.

Unfortunately for your argument, it's legal - just like the Indian tribes in the other thread.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

:D

I knew you could not do it

As explained many times he wanted the policies of the pres to fail

So the country would not

Obama got some crap passed and look what is happening

I want him to fail to

But your statement that he want the US to fail is just fucking funny:D
Abraham Lincoln

Debated in March of 08 when this came out

How about your outrage over Obama's GE buddies?
Abraham Lincoln

I didn't see much outrage over this little payroll tax con game.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/articles/2008/03/06/top_iraq_contractor_skirts_us_taxes_offshore/

Your Republican pals at work.

Nice spin attempt - gotta love the lame attempt to tie it to Cheny, too.

Unfortunately for your argument, it's legal - just like the Indian tribes in the other thread.

I'm not arguing anything. Just pointing out that a company that got billions of US tax dollars ripped off the national piggy bank. Legal, yup. Right, nope.

If you want to argue about underfunding programs, start here. And I'm not sure just how many Democrats or Independent voters sit on the board of Haliburton and KBR. And Dick Cheney ruled the roost, so how is tying him in not relevant?

Maybe congress should have gone after this loophole instead of internet gaming. And before they awarded KBR billions in no bid $$$$.

If Obama was in Cheney's shoes on this matter, you and Fox News would have been in an uproar.