dreamdancer

Time for a compulsory civic service scheme

It scared the hell out of me that someone can think compulsory civic service is ok on some level

Scarry as hell!

The US Constitution scares you?

No
They way you think does

Man rushmc, I'm an alien, you know that. It's really painful to read your posts:

You post one liners that often and mostly, they include errors!!! Typing errors in a one liner!

That is scary :|

Thank You

If I am scaring you, I am doing thing right!:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is an imperfect document. I think it's pretty damned good but there are certainly some changes I'd like to see.

This is the reason why I don't say, "All compulsory service is Unconstitutional." Because I KNOW it is not.

I'd like to see something along the lines of a professional jury. In fact, I'd like to see three months as a juror as a requirement for being a lawyer - something like a required course in law school. Serve as a juror.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

good idea or not...

Great idea.

1. The ruling government should find its subjects more compliant and controllable after six months of indoctrination.

2. Lower labor costs than they'd get in the free market (how many government jobs actually pay minimum wage?) will free up money for more important things like military spending.

I like the name too. Calling it "compulsory civic service" makes it more palatable than "slavery."

Marc,

Please answer the question. Do you disagree with the concept of jury duty?

The question is 100% relevant to the thread topic. Jury duty is compulsory civic service.

Or did that not occur to you?

Jury duty is to support the a trial by your peers, and is random choice - that is a quite different situation than the subject of the thread.

He must like the idea of an Obamacorp

You seem quite enamored of all the benefits of KochCorp

I wonder if your lords and masters, the Koch brothers, would appreciate how much time you waste at work on the Dropzone.com Speakers Corner.

Aren't you a better person than to steal from your masters in this way?

As a supposedly morally superior being, how do you square your theft with your so called "morals and ethics"?

The Constitution is an imperfect document. I think it's pretty damned good but there are certainly some changes I'd like to see.

This is the reason why I don't say, "All compulsory service is Unconstitutional." Because I KNOW it is not.

I'd like to see something along the lines of a professional jury. In fact, I'd like to see three months as a juror as a requirement for being a lawyer - something like a required course in law school. Serve as a juror.

Except for the fact that sorta negates the whole "jury of your peers" for the majority of those lower on the socioeconomic scale if the jury is all future lawyers. :|

I do like the idea of additional training and possibly longer durations for jurors though. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm convinced that time spent as a juror would lead to attorneys far less willing to waste time by going to trial.

The whole "professional jury" thing was actually more of a thing that could be interesting to do in the Constitution. Or perhaps have some pilot project of, say, a six person professional jury that could be stipulated.

Did you hear the Judy Garland tapes? Sid Luft is the frequent villain in Judy Garland's life. She'd rant about something and at times just blurt out "SID LUFT!"

Amazon's persistent "Koch Brothers" villification just reminds me of Judy Garland's "Sid Luft!" comments.

It doesn't matter what's being discussed. An angry reference to the Koch Brothers will be made.

I'm convinced that time spent as a juror would lead to attorneys far less willing to waste time by going to trial.

Less? :o

Half the reason things are as fubared as they are is no precedents are set because most things are settled prior to final judgement. :S

I'd prefer a rule where once you file a suit it has to go all the way through.

Sure would cutdown on the BS lawsuits.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Did you hear the Judy Garland tapes? Sid Luft is the frequent villain in Judy Garland's life. She'd rant about something and at times just blurt out "SID LUFT!"

Amazon's persistent "Koch Brothers" villification just reminds me of Judy Garland's "Sid Luft!" comments.

It doesn't matter what's being discussed. An angry reference to the Koch Brothers will be made.

It was a reference to someones LOVE of his favorite corp.... but READIN R Fun-DA-mental

I wonder if your lords and masters, the Koch brothers

SID LUFT!!!!

(apologies to lawrocket)

EXRA-SUPER_LARGE RIGHT WING BUTT PLUG!!!!

:| Why is it that you are the only one who is constantly talking about anal sex toys on this site?

Stop projecting...

TRICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCLEEEEEEE ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I wonder if your lords and masters, the Koch brothers

SID LUFT!!!!

(apologies to lawrocket)

EXRA-SUPER_LARGE RIGHT WING BUTT PLUG!!!!

:| Why is it that you are the only one who is constantly talking about anal sex toys on this site?

Stop projecting...

TRICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCLEEEEEEE ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I guess its just all the ANAL RETENTIVE ATHHOLES that post on here daily from the fringe right???( not to mention the closeted gay boys ... not that there is anything wrong with those thilly thavages of the fringe right who like butt secks:D:D:D)

Log Cabin Republicans... building those glass houses, one log at a time.

Uhhhh huhhhhh....

And yet again, I must point out Deary, that you are the single poster that is constantly posting about anal sex toys, using sexually colored and poorly crafted rewordings, and other less than stable foamings at the mouth.

Why is it that the other posters on here regardless of political orientation, can go a day or two between penis refrences on here, but you can't even abstain for single post?

And even if your claims were true that there were a bunch of "log cabin republicans" on here, so what??! I am glad in your quest for being clever, or maybe just manic, you thought it was a good idea to make homosexuality into some derogatory insult. Thats not at all 5th grade nonsense, and not at all insulting to people that are actually homosexual. "thats so GAY!"

Please keep foaming away at the mouth!

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP.... BUTTTTTTTTTTPLUG.... KOOOOOOOOCK BROOOOOOTHERS :::twitch twitch:::: KELLLLLLLLLLLY CLARKSOOOOOOOOOON. TRICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Or maybe you can leave your bag of toys, and your bag of kinky hang ups under the bed for a change!
=P

Uhhhh huhhhhh....

And yet again, I must point out Deary, that you are the single poster that is constantly posting about anal sex toys, using sexually colored and poorly crafted rewordings, and other less than stable foamings at the mouth.

Why is it that the other posters on here regardless of political orientation, can go a day or two between penis refrences on here, but you can't even abstain for single post?

And even if your claims were true that there were a bunch of "log cabin republicans" on here, so what??! I am glad in your quest for being clever, or maybe just manic, you thought it was a good idea to make homosexuality into some derogatory insult. Thats not at all 5th grade nonsense, and not at all insulting to people that are actually homosexual. "thats so GAY!"

Please keep foaming away at the mouth!

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP.... BUTTTTTTTTTTPLUG.... KOOOOOOOOCK BROOOOOOTHERS :::twitch twitch:::: KELLLLLLLLLLLY CLARKSOOOOOOOOOON. TRICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Or maybe you can leave your bag of toys, and your bag of kinky hang ups under the bed for a change!

Awww poor baby.... Need some Wisconsin cheese with that or do you prefer a more "robust" flavored cheese??

No dont worry I am just fine.

I have some cheeze-it's that I am munching on right now, they are made with "100% real cheese".

I am actually enjoying pointing out the fact that you can't make a post without looking like some middleschooler that lacks proper internet supervision, or some biggoted gay basher that has a secret thing for sex toys and all things kink.

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP :::tick:::: rePUBICcloooooooooooowns..... TRIIIIIIIIIIICCCCKKKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEE.... KOOOOOOOOOCK BROTHERS..... BUTTTTTTPLUG..... TRICKKKKLLLLLLLLLEEE :::twitch::: ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
=P